SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | Salesforce Tower | 850 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217949)

bhawk66 Nov 26, 2019 6:39 PM

Not a fan. Rather see a sculpture of Rosa Parks there. DuSable. A Potawatomi Chief, anything but this big bulk of a sun set blocking wall.

rgarri4 Nov 26, 2019 7:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive (Post 8759612)
I really wish the top of the building/crown would have a different design because it's similar to WPE's crown.

I think matching crowns was the point.

lakeshoredrive Nov 26, 2019 7:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgarri4 (Post 8759657)
I think matching crowns was the point.

Then they should've done the same with WPW's crown.

bhawk66 Nov 26, 2019 7:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive (Post 8759682)

Exactly

maru2501 Nov 26, 2019 7:54 PM

I am going to ask Santa for 7SD to be built there and see what happens. Also, Santa hates me, so...

Steely Dan Nov 26, 2019 7:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive (Post 8759682)

different design architects.

WPW is bKL.

WPE & WPS are PCP.

nomarandlee Nov 26, 2019 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8759718)
different design architects.

WPW is bKL.

WPE & WPS are PCP.

Oh interesting, somewhere along the line I forgot that WPE was bKL. I was thinking that all three were done by PCP. Glad that WPS is going to be PCP again.

jc5680 Dec 10, 2019 2:03 AM

Ricochet48 Dec 10, 2019 2:20 AM

So exciting! The 360 shot on the website is legit. There's also a new photoshop of the Salesforce logo!

Finally, it's nice to see some of the space already leased:

https://salesforcetowerchicago.com/a...ack-3.5.19.pdf

Steely Dan Dec 10, 2019 2:44 AM

^ I believe all of the floors shown as "leased" in that diagram are the ones that Salesforce has already spoken for.

But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

chicubs111 Dec 10, 2019 3:10 AM

Ehh...looks so much like to almost exactly like a larger wolf point east...its nice just not the exclamation point we were all looking for for this unique site...

lakeshoredrive Dec 10, 2019 3:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicubs111 (Post 8771323)
Ehh...looks so much like to almost exactly like a larger wolf point east...its nice just not the exclamation point we were all looking for for this unique site...

Yeah I am still upset with the final design... but there's nothing I can do about it I guess than complain on here :haha:

rivernorthlurker Dec 10, 2019 4:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet48 (Post 8771295)
So exciting! The 360 shot on the website is legit. There's also a new photoshop of the Salesforce logo!

Finally, it's nice to see some of the space already leased:

https://salesforcetowerchicago.com/a...ack-3.5.19.pdf

Wonder how much of Willis you'll be able to see in that 360 with 110 finished. Gonna be a tight South Branch view as well.

NYC2ATX Dec 10, 2019 5:23 AM

Quote:

Definitely see where you're coming from, but I also imagine that the site behind Wolf Point, the Apparel Center block, may be inching further towards the day where it's ripe for redevelopment...and a 1,400-1,500-foot compliment to Willis rising right behind the Wolf Point towers would honestly be doubly staggering. :slob:

dropdeaded209 Dec 10, 2019 10:42 AM

very embarcadero center

Steely Dan Dec 10, 2019 2:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYC2ATX (Post 8771391)
Definitely see where you're coming from, but I also imagine that the site behind Wolf Point, the Apparel Center block, may be inching further towards the day where it's ripe for redevelopment...and a 1,400-1,500-foot compliment to Willis rising right behind the Wolf Point towers would honestly be doubly staggering. :slob:

a neat thought, but given the fact that the apparel center's owner continues to invest money into improving the building, along with the fact that it offers the giant wide-open office floor plans that seem to be in vogue these days, i'd say the apparel center's demise is probably decades away, at the least, if ever in my lifetime.

Busy Bee Dec 10, 2019 4:26 PM

It's possible

Steely Dan Dec 10, 2019 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busy Bee (Post 8771659)
It's possible

anything is possible, but when was the last time 1.8M SF of perfectly serviceable large floorplate office space in reasonably good shape electively demolished to make way for an even larger/taller development in chicago?

i can't think of any such examples off the top of my head.

the inertia of buildings as large as the apparel center tends to keep them in place for the long haul.

SpireGuy Dec 10, 2019 5:17 PM

Quote:

Agreed 100%. At the very least I'd like to see gold shiny fins instead of the white ones. Give it some variation from WPE.

LouisVanDerWright Dec 10, 2019 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8771677)
anything is possible, but when was the last time 1.8M SF of perfectly serviceable large floorplate office space in reasonably good shape electively demolished to make way for an even larger/taller development in chicago?

i can't think of any such examples off the top of my head.

the inertia of buildings as large as the apparel center tend to keep them in place for the long haul.

The only time anything remotely similar to this has happened is when the Morrison Hotel came down for Chase Tower...