SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

NA8310 Aug 6, 2018 4:50 PM

Looks like The Rotisserie is moving into the old Chili's east location. https://www.facebook.com/The-Rotisse...5935297049828/

Stormer Aug 7, 2018 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 8263323)
A fair point, but I'm sure it mostly has to do with economics. What are people actually buying? I think micro-brewery enthusiasts forget that they are still small part of the market.

In most stores, brewers have pay to get their beer in the cooler.

aberrant Aug 7, 2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8274437)
In most stores, brewers have pay to get their beer in the cooler.

The new manager for their SK stores just went on Facebook and said he will be fixing up the stores to have local craft beer in the cooler. The Saskatoon store already does.

TechnicalRecession Aug 11, 2018 4:51 AM

New Craft Brewery
 
https://leaderpost.com/business/loca...l-fresh-market

https://postmedialeaderpost2.files.w...&crop=1&zoom=2

Draftsman Aug 13, 2018 11:02 PM

south Swiss Chalet location has closed
 
Does anyone know when the south Swiss Chalet location closed? Apparently there is a sign on the door to take a picture of this notice and take it to the north location for a free appetizer.

Maybe they will reno this location and open one of their other chain restaurants such as Milestones, etc.

BrutallyDishonest2 Aug 14, 2018 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8280038)
Does anyone know when the south Swiss Chalet location closed? Apparently there is a sign on the door to take a picture of this notice and take it to the north location for a free appetizer.

Maybe they will reno this location and open one of their other chain restaurants such as Milestones, etc.

That would be logical, but it's franchised so I'm not sure at what stage they could do that.

Udon'tknow Aug 18, 2018 5:01 AM

Star Anise Grill
 
Anyone checked out this new place? Not that we need another Indian restaurant but looks decent.

https://i.imgur.com/UHnhsST.jpg?1

http://staranisegrill.com

Udon'tknow Aug 18, 2018 5:18 AM

The Cure
 
Looks like this is also open, any reviews?

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1d&oe=5C014649

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cf&oe=5C08E9FC

Festivus Aug 18, 2018 4:17 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Star Anise looks like a south-east Asian restaurant. Indochina is the old name for the area containing Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and others. I hope they have good Pho!

BrutallyDishonest2 Aug 18, 2018 9:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 8285621)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Star Anise looks like a south-east Asian restaurant. Indochina is the old name for the area containing Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and others. I hope they have good Pho!

It's very confusing. Their menu is basically Indian but they claim "Bona Fide Hakka Indo-Chinese Cuisine". But Indo-China is as you say Southeast Asia. Hakka is Southern China. As far as I can tell they serve Indian with a tiny bit of Hakka inspired food, and nothing from Southeast Asia.

brithgob Aug 18, 2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 8285825)
It's very confusing. Their menu is basically Indian but they claim "Bona Fide Hakka Indo-Chinese Cuisine". But Indo-China is as you say Southeast Asia. Hakka is Southern China. As far as I can tell they serve Indian with a tiny bit of Hakka inspired food, and nothing from Southeast Asia.

So they’re trying to say Indian and Chinese cuisine in one word, even though Indochina really means somewhere else altogether

Festivus Aug 19, 2018 3:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brithgob (Post 8285881)
So they’re trying to say Indian and Chinese cuisine in one word, even though Indochina really means somewhere else altogether

Sounds like it. But I don't think most people in Regina will know the difference, so it might actually be a good idea for them.

Stormer Aug 31, 2018 6:51 PM

Went for lunch. This is not the décor of the restaurant. It is no where near this elegant. Food was standard Indian fare, certainly nothing special.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Udon'tknow (Post 8285412)
Anyone checked out this new place? Not that we need another Indian restaurant but looks decent.

https://i.imgur.com/UHnhsST.jpg?1

http://staranisegrill.com


KTBuild Sep 4, 2018 9:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8300332)
Went for lunch. This is not the décor of the restaurant. It is no where near this elegant. Food was standard Indian fare, certainly nothing special.


Came in here to say this. The décor is borderline grungy. Food was okay but we opted for the buffet and they did not do a great job at keeping the main dishes full..

Caraway Grill still far and away the best Indian in the city. For a buffet, I would go to Spices or Flavour before this place again.

Festivus Sep 5, 2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBuild (Post 8303498)
Came in here to say this. The décor is borderline grungy. Food was okay but we opted for the buffet and they did not do a great job at keeping the main dishes full..

Caraway Grill still far and away the best Indian in the city. For a buffet, I would go to Spices or Flavour before this place again.

Just wanted to chime in since I never miss an opportunity to praise Caraway. My girlfriend and I went there on the weekend, and we had a full meal and were out of there in 37 minutes. It's crazy how fast they are, and how good the service is. The only downside is that eating supper there isn't very cheap, but their lunch prices are reasonable. But I don't even care, the food is so good and so worth it.

KTBuild Sep 12, 2018 1:54 PM

The Rotisserie opens on Friday in the old Chili's east place. It's a premium buffet

Below is our list of prices for the Ultimate Buffet Experience:
Monday to Friday Lunch 11-2 pm
Adult 16+ 18.95
Youth 11-15 13.95- Free Beverage
Kids 4-10 9.95- Free Beverage
Kids 3 and under free- Free Beverage

Saturday and Sunday Brunch 10-2 pm
Adult 16+ 21.95
Youth 11-15 13.95- Free Beverage
Kids 4-10 9.95- Free Beverage
Kids 3 and under free- Free Beverage

Sunday to Thursday Supper 4-9 pm
Adult 16+ 24.95
Youth 11-15 13.95- Free Beverage
Kids 4-10 9.95- Free Beverage
Kids 3 and under free- Free Beverage

Friday Saturday Surf n Turf Supper 4-9 pm
Adult 16+ 39.95
Youth 11-15 18.95 - Free Beverage
Kids 4-10 13.95- Free Beverage
Kids 3 and under free- Free Beverage


https://www.facebook.com/The-Rotisse...5935297049828/

Dan0myte Sep 12, 2018 2:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBuild (Post 8303498)
For a buffet, I would go to Spices or Flavour before this place again.

:cool: Both are still high on my recommendation list anytime anyone asks where to go for Indian food in Regina.

Festivus Sep 12, 2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBuild (Post 8311806)
The Rotisserie opens on Friday in the old Chili's east place. It's a premium buffet

Below is our list of prices for the Ultimate Buffet Experience:
Monday to Friday Lunch 11-2 pm
Adult 16+ 18.95
Youth 11-15 13.95- Free Beverage
Kids 4-10 9.95- Free Beverage
Kids 3 and under free- Free Beverage

Saturday and Sunday Brunch 10-2 pm
Adult 16+ 21.95
Youth 11-15 13.95- Free Beverage
Kids 4-10 9.95- Free Beverage
Kids 3 and under free- Free Beverage

Sunday to Thursday Supper 4-9 pm
Adult 16+ 24.95
Youth 11-15 13.95- Free Beverage
Kids 4-10 9.95- Free Beverage
Kids 3 and under free- Free Beverage

Friday Saturday Surf n Turf Supper 4-9 pm
Adult 16+ 39.95
Youth 11-15 18.95 - Free Beverage
Kids 4-10 13.95- Free Beverage
Kids 3 and under free- Free Beverage


https://www.facebook.com/The-Rotisse...5935297049828/

I predict it closes in 9 months.

one_brick_at_a_time Sep 13, 2018 1:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 8312526)
I predict it closes in 9 months.

Too many age categories. Looks like they are just being stingy and too many rules. The amount of ID checking the employees will have to do will just be stupid. Make a lunch buffet price and make an evening buffet price like any other business and they will do fine.

aberrant Sep 13, 2018 2:53 AM

The lack of seniors pricing will definitely not be good for business... seniors love their smorgs, but only if they get a deal!


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.