SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

somethingfast Jan 1, 2020 6:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8787991)
Astra is a very real possibility. We have a very detailed pre-app and we have confirmation from another forumer that has 1st-hand knowledge straight from the developer that they are just waiting on Phoenix to approve a few things. Also, with the developer being Aspirant (whom have already completed Stewart and have started with Aspire) have proven they are serious. If built, it will pretty much be built as shown in the pre-app unless there are major issues with local residents, safety issues or simply not meeting Phoenix development standards. But I think Aspirant has probably learned a few things on what Phoenix expects and probably have gotten quite good at what they are proposing.

Completely agree on this. Once you start breaking a certain height, it all just looks big from ground level. Anything over 700' for me is big. Heck, I'm even happy with 600' when looking upwards! I still think it will be some time before we break the 600' mark though. In the meantime, I am happy if we finally get our first "skyscraper" with Astra. Hopefully more will come.

That's good to hear. This is easily the best-looking design I've seen in a long time. Only thing I'd change is the flat roof but we seem doomed to box designs here in Phoenix. Otherwise, this looks awesome and would make a tremendous impact on skyline :cheers:

vwwolfe Jan 2, 2020 12:04 AM

Couple of things I noticed while riding the train into work today:

The billboard on the northwest corner of Central & Indian School has been removed.

The new Bank of America drive up ATM is open next to the YMCA so the building at 1st Ave & Fillmore should be coming down soon.

CrestedSaguaro Jan 2, 2020 3:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwwolfe (Post 8788367)

The billboard on the northwest corner of Central & Indian School has been removed.

The new Bank of America drive up ATM is open next to the YMCA so the building at 1st Ave & Fillmore should be coming down soon.

Good news on the billboard. I hated that. The temp ATM went up quick. That was what was holding up the ASU project. Now that they can demo the old one, this should start moving again.

Obadno Jan 2, 2020 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwwolfe (Post 8788367)

Yeah I saw them taking the billboard down but I assumed they were just putting up a new ad, Maybe this parcel is being sold soon? or Maybe Toll Brothers will finally maybe actually build something in this town? :shrug:

CrestedSaguaro Jan 2, 2020 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8788638)
Yor Maybe Toll Brothers will finally maybe actually build something in this town? :shrug:

I have low hopes in this. All their lots just seem to get fenced up with no movement. The Thomas location is ridiculous. It's been proposed for what...nearly 3 years now? We've had several high-rise projects start in less than that time-frame which take tons more planning and prep. I do not think Toll Brothers should be allowed to develop in Downtown/Midtown :haha:

Obadno Jan 2, 2020 4:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8788641)
I have low hopes in this. All their lots just seem to get fenced up with no movement. The Thomas location is ridiculous. It's been proposed for what...nearly 3 years now? We've had several high-rise projects start in less than that time-frame which take tons more planning and prep. I do not think Toll Brothers should be allowed to develop in Downtown/Midtown :haha:

3 years? They proposed 2 50 story condo's in 2005.

Now its been reduced to an average apartment building and they still cant get it done.

CrestedSaguaro Jan 2, 2020 5:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8788702)
3 years? They proposed 2 50 story condo's in 2005.

Now its been reduced to an average apartment building and they still cant get it done.

That's what I was referring to...the low-rise apartments. The high-rises were a pipe dream and I don't consider them to ever be a real project, so I don't even count them. :haha:

CrestedSaguaro Jan 2, 2020 6:48 PM

Some updates. Add 2 more cranes to the skyline. Thunderbird TC is going up and there is a self-erecting crane already onsite at O'Neil which is getting demo'd today and nearly gone. The SE crane is set up at the far South end which leads me to think there will be another crane setup on the north side.

Also, Link 2 has construction equipment and ground support rebar getting moved onsite. Probably be another crane going up withn a few weeks.

somethingfast Jan 2, 2020 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8788806)
Some updates. Add 2 more cranes to the skyline. Thunderbird TC is going up and there is a self-erecting crane already onsite at O'Neil which is getting demo'd today and nearly gone. The SE crane is set up at the far South end which leads me to think there will be another crane setup on the north side.

Also, Link 2 has construction equipment and ground support rebar getting moved onsite. Probably be another crane going up withn a few weeks.

Can anybody take some shots of DT now with all the cranes? Anybody live nearby? Would be great to see all the action going on...

Obadno Jan 2, 2020 8:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somethingfast (Post 8788911)
Can anybody take some shots of DT now with all the cranes? Anybody live nearby? Would be great to see all the action going on...

We have no photographers for some reason.

CrestedSaguaro Jan 2, 2020 8:38 PM

Quote:

Not of the skyline. but I did take a couple update pics of AC and Thunderbird while I was downtown. AC is up to the 5th floor and Thunderbird is moving tremendously fast. It was a flat dirt lot just a 2 weeks ago!

Also, I have noticed today a lot of down-votes on photos I host on Imgur. If anyone votes on Imgur, please remember these count towards community profiles and look bad when there are a lot of negative votes on images. So please don't down-vote my pics if it's just because you don't like a certain project. I am posting on Imgur to give updates and down-voting my pics is just rude. Not saying it's anyone here, but wanted to throw that out there. Thanks!

AC Hotel
https://i.imgur.com/Or0mgS3.jpg

Thunderbird
https://i.imgur.com/0HctEAq.jpg

downtownphxguy12 Jan 2, 2020 9:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8788936)
Not of the skyline. but I did take a couple update pics of AC and Thunderbird while I was downtown. AC is up to the 5th floor and Thunderbird is moving tremendously fast. It was a flat dirt lot just a 2 weeks ago!

Also, I have noticed today a lot of down-votes on photos I host on Imgur. If anyone votes on Imgur, please remember these count towards community profiles and look bad when there are a lot of negative votes on images. So please don't down-vote my pics if it's just because you don't like a certain project. I am posting on Imgur to give updates and down-voting my pics i

thanks. i live downtown (portland and 5th ave) and have somehow missed these going up.

CrestedSaguaro Jan 2, 2020 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtownphxguy12 (Post 8788980)
thanks. i live downtown (portland and 5th ave) and have somehow missed these going up.

Yea, Thunderbird caught me off guard. Had no idea they dug out the ground and already poured some concrete. I can't keep up with all this stuff anymore! :haha:

Phxguy Jan 2, 2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

I live close enough to downtown in Garfield. Can try and get some shots in the next week if someone doesn’t beat me to it. The bar atop the Cambria Hotel is a great location for the skyline with nearly every crane visible and it peeks down on the Portland/3rd St project.o

CrestedSaguaro Jan 2, 2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8789097)
I live close enough to downtown in Garfield. Can try and get some shots in the next week if someone doesn’t beat me to it. The bar atop the Cambria Hotel is a great location for the skyline with nearly every crane visible and it peeks down on the Portland/3rd St project.o

Didn't even think of that. Thanks for the tip! :cheers:

somethingfast Jan 3, 2020 6:02 AM

^ thanks guys for the effort! excited to see more!

CrestedSaguaro Jan 3, 2020 4:26 PM

2600 N. Central tower to get renovations and added amenities.

https://realestatedaily-news.com/geo...dtown-phoenix/

MAPAZ Jan 3, 2020 5:06 PM

Downtown Phoenix - 3D New High Rise Map (2020-2025) rev Jan - 1 -2020

https://imgur.com/zGuqEcH

PHX31 Jan 3, 2020 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAPAZ (Post 8789653)
https://imgur.com/zGuqEcH

Nice! thank you.

What is the tower to the far west?

Isn't there also the Berger (name?) project on Adams next to Hanny's? I don't think I see that in there.

combusean Jan 3, 2020 5:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 8789666)
Nice! thank you.

What is the tower to the far west?

Isn't there also the Berger (name?) project on Adams next to Hanny's? I don't think I see that in there.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/b...e-development/

this one?