SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Wolf Point - East Tower | 679 FT | 62 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228891)

maru2501 Apr 25, 2017 9:12 PM

sorry. we shouldn't underestimate their power

left of center Apr 25, 2017 11:49 PM

A thousand apologies to the yellow-peeled nanner gods

vexxed82 May 1, 2017 8:40 PM

Case just posted this to their Facebook page. The article is from 4/20, but seems like their status update is new news >

"Project news - Wolf Point East Tower will be joining the skyline this summer. Case will be installing 49 belled caissons and 14 rock caissons in this second phase of the Wolf Point development. The Wolf Point West tower was completed by Case crews back in April of 2014."

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...44415949212660

Notyrview May 1, 2017 9:08 PM

Geezus these nanners about to swing from trapezes

Steely Dan May 1, 2017 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vexxed82 (Post 7791129)
Project news - Wolf Point East Tower will be joining the skyline this summer. Case will be installing 49 belled caissons and 14 rock caissons in this second phase of the Wolf Point development.

https://img.memesuper.com/f47f170391...e_500-344.jpeg
source: https://img.memesuper.com/f47f170391...e_500-344.jpeg

vexxed82 May 1, 2017 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notyrview (Post 7791172)
Geezus these nanners about to swing from trapezes

trapeezus

KWILLSKYLINE May 1, 2017 9:35 PM

Giddy up. Giddy up. Giddy up!!!!!

Notyrview May 1, 2017 9:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vexxed82 (Post 7791181)
trapeezus

yes!

Rocket49 May 1, 2017 9:59 PM

Would it make sense to create a thread solely for the East Tower now that it appears they will start construction soon?

The first page of this thread is a bit confusing since it has mostly East Tower information but some South Tower information as well.

BVictor1 May 2, 2017 2:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket49 (Post 7791223)
Would it make sense to create a thread solely for the East Tower now that it appears they will start construction soon?

The first page of this thread is a bit confusing since it has mostly East Tower information but some South Tower information as well.

This is that thread.

Rocket49 May 2, 2017 3:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7791439)
This is that thread.

If so, one of the moderators should remove references to the South Tower in the thread title and on the first page of the thread.

KWILLSKYLINE May 11, 2017 4:55 AM

Not sure if it means anything but my friend said he saw some guys in neon vests walking around the site scoping things out a few days ago. Sorry, no pictures, but he said it was not soil testers.

Notyrview May 11, 2017 12:23 PM

I think we'll see site prep in 1-2 weeks, construction 3-4

KWILLSKYLINE May 11, 2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notyrview (Post 7801969)
I think we'll see site prep in 1-2 weeks, construction 3-4

fingers crossed!?!?

Notyrview May 11, 2017 12:47 PM

YUS i've been anticipating this one like a six-year-old ✨✨✨

BuildThemTaller May 22, 2017 1:34 PM

There were a number of tractor-trailers and a few short-ish U-Haul vans on the Wolf Point East and South lots this morning. It seems like they moved in over the weekend, perhaps for a trade show at the Merchandise Mart. Maybe Case Foundation is waiting to wrap up at One South Halsted before moving over to Wolf Point...

EDIT: Update, they're all gone. Must have been there for the Antique Show or something.

SamInTheLoop Jun 12, 2017 3:59 PM

Still crickets here? I feel like almost any hour now we should expect excavation equipment to show up on site and site prep to begin. Assuming still waiting on construction loan to close, as it will be a very large one for a Chicago residential tower - likely on par with Crescent Heights' big South Loop tower and Related's Streeterville Sternstackofshit.......

BuildThemTaller Jun 12, 2017 6:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 7832014)
Still crickets here? I feel like almost any hour now we should expect excavation equipment to show up on site and site prep to begin. Assuming still waiting on construction loan to close, as it will be a very large one for a Chicago residential tower - likely on par with Crescent Heights' big South Loop tower and Related's Streeterville Sternstackofshit.......

The latest development on this lot is that it has returned to its roots as a parking lot. The site has been hosting truck trailers for the past few weeks, presumably for gear being delivered to the Merch Mart for NeoCon and other big spring/summer shows.

SamInTheLoop Jun 13, 2017 3:15 PM

^ NeoCon is actually happening right now....perhaps after everything from it clears out by the weekend, we can get some permits issued and work underway......? No doubt it's a challenge putting this construction loan together (although nowhere near the herculean challenge Magellan and Dalian Wanda are facing at the moment, as an aside), but I have no concern that Hines and partners will not be able to pull it off/(have pulled it off already, perhaps?).....

rivnorth22 Jun 20, 2017 3:26 PM

Soil testing truck was on site yesterday and still there today... hoping this means construction will start sooner than later! Thought it was supposed to break ground in early May and June is nearly over...


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.