SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

gymratmanaz Nov 8, 2021 3:50 PM

So, if Eddie is correct, are we still looking at what is on their website, 37 stories? I thought we had heard it was shortened at some point. ?????

CrestedSaguaro Nov 8, 2021 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 9445042)
So, if Eddie is correct, are we still looking at what is on their website, 37 stories? I thought we had heard it was shortened at some point. ?????

I was just thinking about that. They can update the start date, but not update the height? :haha:

gymratmanaz Nov 8, 2021 3:54 PM

OR........ did they update both the start date AND the height???? - wishful thinking!!!!

MMDelon Nov 8, 2021 10:01 PM

Is it possible with the delay they just added the extra 5 stories back on the development? It still says 8 floors for the hotel portion of the development which I thought was scrapped too. I am curious to see if this is updated once we get closer to breaking ground because I was not happy they took off the hotel portion of this development.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 8, 2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9445487)
Is it possible with the delay they just added the extra 5 stories back on the development? It still says 8 floors for the hotel portion of the development which I thought was scrapped too. I am curious to see if this is updated once we get closer to breaking ground because I was not happy they took off the hotel portion of this development.

When I inquired myself by email to the Central Station contact earlier this year, I was simply answered with "No" on the reply and nothing else, haha.

However, since we have also received a definitive start date from the same contact that is now nearly 2 months overdue (not too mention more than a year the lot has been fenced off), I'm not inclined to believe anything we have been told about Central Station at this point.

I guess we won't really know until it's topped out. :uhh:

soled Nov 9, 2021 1:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 9445040)
Eddie, the man, the myth, the legend!!!!! :)

:worship:

Obadno Nov 9, 2021 8:03 PM

Semi Conductors, Helicopters and missiles , Eclectic Cars, toys, Bottling, Electronics and now plumbing products.

Arizona is expanding its manufacturing base BROADLY which is very good for our overall economic health, Manufacturing offers high paying jobs for people with even moderate education which means more spending money in the hands of more people.

Keep it going! We are a far cry from the "5 "C"s" they made us lean in school.:tup:

https://azbex.com/kohler-manufacturi...o-casa-grande/

Quote:

Officials in Casa Grande have announced kitchen and bath equipment manufacturer Kohler Co. will build a new 1MSF manufacturing facility in the city’s industrial corridor.

Known as “Project Buckshot” while negotiations were ongoing, the development will be located south of Maricopa-Casa Grande Highway and will take approximately 18 months to complete once construction begins.

Casa Grande City Council is expected to approve the development agreement this week.

Warren Peace Nov 9, 2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadedos (Post 9444754)
I saw a new dumpster and some portable toilets set up in Central Station


I'm looking forward to new benchmarks for progress.

IndyAZ Nov 10, 2021 4:14 PM

The City Nest camera was moved so it doesn't stare directly at X Phoenix anymore. This should be great to see Central Station (hopefully!), Derby, Moon Tower, and eventually Astra construction progress!
https://video.nest.com/live/TbinOWG9t0

SunDevil Nov 11, 2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9446383)
Semi Conductors, Helicopters and missiles , Eclectic Cars, toys, Bottling, Electronics and now plumbing products.

Arizona is expanding its manufacturing base BROADLY which is very good for our overall economic health, Manufacturing offers high paying jobs for people with even moderate education which means more spending money in the hands of more people.

Keep it going! We are a far cry from the "5 "C"s" they made us lean in school.:tup:

https://azbex.com/kohler-manufacturi...o-casa-grande/

Cars Conductors Construction Choppers Consumer products?

MMDelon Nov 15, 2021 9:54 PM

How do you guys feel about these next wave of projects? Moon Tower and Skye have broken ground. Palm Court and the Central Station project both seem to be picking up steam! Very exciting times for downtown Phoenix!

Obadno Nov 15, 2021 9:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9451727)
How do you guys feel about these next wave of projects? Moon Tower and Skye have broken ground. Palm Court and the Central Station project both seem to be picking up steam! Very exciting times for downtown Phoenix!

The towers north of Fillmore have really changed the way downtown looks from afar.

xymox Nov 15, 2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9451732)
The towers north of Fillmore have really changed the way downtown looks from afar.

Can’t wait for Astra to get going - that will make a significant difference to the skyline and downtown as a whole.

It’s nice to bring co-workers in from the Bay or Chicago areas and take them downtown to have them impressed with what’s going on. They’re really digging what’s going on down there.

Obadno Nov 15, 2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xymox (Post 9451806)
Can’t wait for Astra to get going - that will make a significant difference to the skyline and downtown as a whole.

It’s nice to bring co-workers in from the Bay or Chicago areas and take them downtown to have them impressed with what’s going on. They’re really digging what’s going on down there.

There is still an unfortunate deadzone between the true downtown core and Roosevelt, especially when ASU is not in session.

YourBuddy Nov 16, 2021 5:27 AM

While I’m excited for these current projects to all get off the ground, if they are successful, I think it will be the next waive of new developments we haven’t even thought about yet. I think it will be pretty exciting time and the economic developers and advocates for Downtown should be pulling out all the stops to show off the city to developers when the Super Bowl comes back.

PHX06 Nov 16, 2021 1:34 PM

Does anybody have any updates on the Ellis building? I can't find anything online about it and have not heard back from the contact listed on the website.

Obadno Nov 16, 2021 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX06 (Post 9452161)
Does anybody have any updates on the Ellis building? I can't find anything online about it and have not heard back from the contact listed on the website.

Works been ongoing, It seems very slow.

PHX06 Nov 16, 2021 4:05 PM

Agonizingly slow. I would think they'd want to ramp it up with how active that area is becoming. Now that Crescent Ballroom and The Van Buren are doing almost nightly shows and the new Hyatt is open, there is always a lot of foot traffic around there. Once X opens in January, it will only add to that.

az_daniel Nov 16, 2021 6:07 PM

Going east into downtown on Van Buren is a vastly different experience now than it was even a few years ago. Astra and Central Station are only going to transform it more. So very excited.

Diamonddave Nov 16, 2021 6:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by az_daniel (Post 9452503)
Going east into downtown on Van Buren is a vastly different experience now than it was even a few years ago. Astra and Central Station are only going to transform it more. So very excited.

Not to mention Palm court as well


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.