SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | NEMA Chicago | 896 FT | 81 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218570)

LouisVanDerWright Dec 24, 2016 1:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 7660322)
^ Seriously, this project is a needle mover for the south loop skyline.

Once this starts we will have a 1000 footer and two 800 footers u/c

Well it's o er 150' taller than 1MP so it may as well be a supertall from a skyline impact perspective. This thing will be more visible than Vista from almost all angles except from the East and North. And you almost never see the skyline from due East and Vista will also be lost in the clutter from the North.

Here's to another peak being added to the skyline!

go go white sox Dec 24, 2016 3:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 7660525)
Well it's o er 150' taller than 1MP so it may as well be a supertall from a skyline impact perspective. This thing will be more visible than Vista from almost all angles except from the East and North. And you almost never see the skyline from due East and Vista will also be lost in the clutter from the North.

Here's to another peak being added to the skyline!

That's true and if all goes well and the second tower of this development gets build, that one looks to be over 1000' and will have an even greater impact on the south loop skyline.

skyscraper Dec 24, 2016 4:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go go white sox (Post 7660569)
That's true and if all goes well and the second tower of this development gets build, that one looks to be over 1000' and will have an even greater impact on the south loop skyline.

there is no way the second tower goes over 1000 feet. zoning limits the height of the ceiling in the highest occupied space to 900 feet. There can be mechanical spaces above that, but there won't be 100 feet of mechanical spaces.

go go white sox Dec 24, 2016 4:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyscraper (Post 7660581)
there is no way the second tower goes over 1000 feet. zoning limits the height of the ceiling in the highest occupied space to 900 feet. There can be mechanical spaces above that, but there won't be 100 feet of mechanical spaces.

I was just guessing either way it will be very close.

Kumdogmillionaire Dec 27, 2016 8:24 PM

Update, appears the gravel is set down for the caisson drills to do their work now!

http://i.imgur.com/9PzACMa.jpg

Get your bananas ready people

rlw777 Dec 28, 2016 2:00 AM

^ nice. Thanks for the update.

BVictor1 Dec 28, 2016 8:44 PM

Case Foundation rig being delivered to the site right now. There are also construction trailers on site.

SamInTheLoop Dec 28, 2016 8:49 PM

^ Nice! Perhaps this one might even squeak in as a 2016 start.......?

Notyrview Dec 28, 2016 10:08 PM

I'm about to peel some fruit!

Kumdogmillionaire Dec 28, 2016 10:55 PM

I'll take pictures tomorrow morning, already looks like it is starting, so they very well might squeak in for a start before the new year

Le Baron Dec 28, 2016 11:37 PM

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/329/31...15fe0467_b.jpg

The Lurker Dec 29, 2016 12:39 AM

Delete

Le Baron Dec 29, 2016 12:42 AM

delete

The Lurker Dec 29, 2016 1:29 AM

Delete

Le Baron Dec 29, 2016 1:53 AM

delete

The Lurker Dec 29, 2016 2:37 AM

Will be very prominent in this view

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8531/...fdd29e55_h.jpg

BVictor1 Dec 29, 2016 4:16 AM

12/28/16

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

Skyguy_7 Dec 29, 2016 1:43 PM

I wish these Case rigs were clearly numbered. I'm curious if this project's start date was contingent upon Case completing their work at Vista. Whatever the case, it's certainly nice to have them boys busy. Bananas; on your mark, get set....

LouisVanDerWright Dec 29, 2016 2:31 PM

I have a feeling those rigs are coming straight over from the Vista site. If you look at OfficeWorker's photos in the Vista thread you can see that half the blue cran was still on site at about the time Bvic shot the partial delivery of the blue crane above. There is no way Case is shipping one big blue rig out to some storage yard while stimultaniously delivering another less than a mile away. Construction is all about logistics and I'm sure Case is a pro at this type of marshalling of resources. Hopefully they will be popping on over to 1000 S Michigan or WPW next!

F1 Tommy Dec 29, 2016 4:33 PM

Great news on this starting. I think your guesses are right as it does look like the same crane. Case I think stores equipment west of O'Hare in Itasca if I remember correctly.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.