SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

Jmodrak12 Jul 5, 2022 7:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9667915)
Derby looks ok from the south, but the north-facing side is hideous. I really wish they would have followed through with the cladding that was in their renderings.

Not to mention how bad the parking garage looks at night. You can see straight through the cladding to the ugly ceilings of the garage levels.

thespiandave Jul 6, 2022 2:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmodrak12 (Post 9668178)
Not to mention how bad the parking garage looks at night. You can see straight through the cladding to the ugly ceilings of the garage levels.

Totally agree. I’m hopeful they’ll do something else to make the garage more attractive in the next year.

BA744PHX Jul 6, 2022 4:04 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Below is an updated list on all existing, under construction and proposed high rises for Phoenix and separate tab for Tempe.

Let me know if any updates are needed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

PHX-DUDE-MAN Jul 6, 2022 6:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA744PHX (Post 9668920)
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Below is an updated list on all existing, under construction and proposed high rises for Phoenix and separate tab for Tempe.

Thanks! It'd be nice to see Astra under construction soon. I don't believe it until I see it

Phxguy Jul 6, 2022 8:19 PM

Museum of Illusion coming to the Boardwalk in Scottsdale. I tagged it here because the article mentions they looked at Roosevelt Row as a possible site but opted for Scottsdale. What a missed opportunity. This area (and downtown in general) has been passed up one too many times in the last few years for some wicked cool concepts like Meow Wolf and the Atari Hotel. It’s great the area holds its own being completely organic but a shame it doesn’t have a cultural juggernaut to cement its permanence. Or an attraction beyond a night out.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...I6in_TraCbDzX4

Diamonddave Jul 6, 2022 8:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN (Post 9669108)
Thanks! It'd be nice to see Astra under construction soon. I don't believe it until I see it

I thought Astra II was purposed at 400' ?

Obadno Jul 6, 2022 8:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 9669205)
Museum of Illusion coming to the Boardwalk in Scottsdale. I tagged it here because the article mentions they looked at Roosevelt Row as a possible site but opted for Scottsdale. What a missed opportunity. This area (and downtown in general) has been passed up one too many times in the last few years for some wicked cool concepts like Meow Wolf and the Atari Hotel. It’s great the area holds its own being completely organic but a shame it doesn’t have a cultural juggernaut to cement its permanence. Or an attraction beyond a night out.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...I6in_TraCbDzX4

Because their bean counters look at a radios map of incomes and Scottsdale has much more dolleridoos to spend at a much larger scale than around downtown.

Doesn't matter that the highest income neighborhoods in the metro are to the north and Northeast

The western and southern areas of the metro within that radios pull the average down.

So the city planning department needs to work to overcome that information but of course as we know Phoenix P& Dev sucks

CrestedSaguaro Jul 6, 2022 9:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9669218)
I thought Astra II was purposed at 400' ?

Correct :tup:

BA744PHX Jul 6, 2022 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9669259)
Correct :tup:

updated on my end :)

regarding Astra, was there a hotel component to this project?

PHX-DUDE-MAN Jul 7, 2022 4:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA744PHX (Post 9669266)
updated on my end :)

regarding Astra, was there a hotel component to this project?

Hey bro, where is the Quest Tower near Central and Thomas? That is 397' the tallest existing building in uptown...

BA744PHX Jul 7, 2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN (Post 9669687)
Hey bro, where is the Quest Tower near Central and Thomas? That is 397' the tallest existing building in uptown...

Hey dude, the sheet is organized by location, scroll halfway down to see midtown and the top of that area will show quest tower

PHX-DUDE-MAN Jul 7, 2022 2:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA744PHX (Post 9669787)
Hey dude, the sheet is organized by location, scroll halfway down to see midtown and the top of that area will show quest tower

Geez I don't know how I missed that! Wow. Thanks! Good work btw

BA744PHX Jul 7, 2022 2:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN (Post 9669849)
Geez I don't know how I missed that! Wow. Thanks! Good work btw

thanks

Socalzonie Jul 7, 2022 6:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA744PHX (Post 9668920)
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Nice list! Curious how the 2nd phase of X Phoenix is captured here. Does that represent a separate tower or was that already included in the existing listing?

BA744PHX Jul 7, 2022 8:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socalzonie (Post 9670125)
Nice list! Curious how the 2nd phase of X Phoenix is captured here. Does that represent a separate tower or was that already included in the existing listing?

I actually dont have information on that, does anyone have the floor count, height, etc etc?

CrestedSaguaro Jul 7, 2022 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA744PHX (Post 9670224)
I actually dont have information on that, does anyone have the floor count, height, etc etc?

All on the X Phoenix thread...which I am posting an update on.

Chestnut1 Jul 8, 2022 3:32 PM

Preliminary building plans (PRLM 2205432) were submitted for Trinsic Lincoln Union at 475 E Lincoln. I know there is a former warehouse building at this site that was renovated for "creative office space", but the submitted plans are for multi-family. I have no idea if the building will be repurposed again or if the multifamily will be above or adjacent to the office space.

If I backed into the fee calculation correctly, it will be 356 units.

Prestige Worldwide Jul 8, 2022 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chestnut1 (Post 9670818)
Preliminary building plans (PRLM 2205432) were submitted for Trinsic Lincoln Union at 475 E Lincoln. I know there is a former warehouse building at this site that was renovated for "creative office space", but the submitted plans are for multi-family. I have no idea if the building will be repurposed again or if the multifamily will be above or adjacent to the office space.

If I backed into the fee calculation correctly, it will be 356 units.

The building will largely be re-purposed, some portions will be demolished, but most of the existing building will remain.

PHX31 Jul 8, 2022 4:09 PM

/\ thanks for the info on this Lincoln project you two. Will it also be taking up the huge parking lot to the west, or is it only on 475 E Lincoln?

Grant Street is actually really a nice gem of a street with the buildings that remain and/or have been renovated over to 7th Street, especially the school and the Levine/ASU building (can't remember it's actual use or name).

CrestedSaguaro Jul 15, 2022 3:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 9676983)
This discussion should probably be transplanted to the Metro Phoenix Transit/Transportation Developments thread. Some politics will always be a factor there because any transportation measures requiring voter approval or government funding will inevitably have a political aspect.

Agreed and done.