SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | NEMA Chicago | 896 FT | 81 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218570)

skyscraper Feb 6, 2016 10:16 PM

Article in the Architect's Newspaper.
http://www.archpaper.com/news/articl...8#.VrZwM3arRII

Le Baron Mar 3, 2016 3:01 AM

3/2: soil testing rig on-site
 
I heard there was a soil testing rig on-site today 3/2 (or yesterday). Still on track for a June/July start?

ChickeNES Mar 3, 2016 4:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Baron (Post 7356689)
I heard there was a soil testing rig on-site today 3/2 (or yesterday). Still on track for a June/July start?

Was just about to post, I also saw the soil testing rig today.

go go white sox Mar 3, 2016 4:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickeNES (Post 7356826)
Was just about to post, I also saw the soil testing rig today.

Was this project approved already?

rlw777 Mar 3, 2016 4:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go go white sox (Post 7356856)
Was this project approved already?

Back in Nov

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickeNES (Post 7241977)
Approved! Crescent Heights said that they have financing in place and want to put shovels in the ground ASAP.

:notacrook::worship::tup::cheers:


Notyrview Mar 3, 2016 12:05 PM

Yes! This is my fav proposal besides wanda.

go go white sox Mar 3, 2016 2:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlw777 (Post 7356871)
Back in Nov

Call me crazy but I really think all of the current proposals will end up being built. The time is right this cycle. Chicago skyline going to change drastically with this big boys going up

ChiTownWonder Mar 3, 2016 4:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go go white sox (Post 7357203)
Call me crazy but I really think all of the current proposals will end up being built. The time is right this cycle. Chicago skyline going to change drastically with this big boys going up

most importantly, the skyline will stretch south. it would be amazing to see the area from Van Buren to Roosevelt, the river to the park with plenty of 600 ft + towers to connect the loop skyline to the central station skyline. that is definitely a possibility with the Riverline development, the Jahn tower, and the Essex tower in the works :cheers:

go go white sox Mar 3, 2016 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder (Post 7357413)
most importantly, the skyline will stretch south. it would be amazing to see the area from Van Buren to Roosevelt, the river to the park with plenty of 600 ft + towers to connect the loop skyline to the central station skyline. that is definitely a possibility with the Riverline development, the Jahn tower, and the Essex tower in the works :cheers:

Exactly going to be fun to watch the skyline connect more uniformly to the south loop. I think there was another 45+ story tower proposed on Michigan Ave by John Murray we have not heard much about either. Heck riverline alone will be like a city within a city and have a big impact and trigger more development.

ithakas Mar 3, 2016 5:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go go white sox (Post 7357536)
I think there was another 45+ story tower proposed on Michigan Ave by John Murray we have not heard much about either.

Where's that, exactly?

EDIT: Nevermind, that's 1326 S. Michigan. Exciting times ahead!

go go white sox Mar 3, 2016 5:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithakas (Post 7357557)
Where's that, exactly?

EDIT: Nevermind, that's 1326 S. Michigan. Exciting times ahead!

Yes that's it here is a link looks to be 48 stories so should be pretty tall. We haven't heard much about it lately but I think it gets done eventually. I like the design as well.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...partment-tower

marothisu Mar 3, 2016 5:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go go white sox (Post 7357574)
Yes that's it here is a link looks to be 48 stories so should be pretty tall. We haven't heard much about it lately but I think it gets done eventually. I like the design as well.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...partment-tower

https://assets.dnainfo.com/generated...extralarge.jpg

go go white sox Mar 3, 2016 5:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithakas (Post 7357557)
Where's that, exactly?

EDIT: Nevermind, that's 1326 S. Michigan. Exciting times ahead!

Yes that's it here is a link looks to be 48 stories so should be pretty tall. We haven't heard much about it lately but I think it gets done eventually. I like the design as well.http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...partment-tower

SamInTheLoop Mar 4, 2016 3:43 PM

^ ^^ ^^^ et al - you guys revisited that one with impeccable timing: It's actually slated to be on the agenda of this month's Plan Commission meeting (17th)........

Addendum: height of 488' on it, btw.....

BVictor1 Mar 8, 2016 11:22 PM

03/08/16

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...D720/ry%3D480/

SamInTheLoop Mar 9, 2016 3:34 PM

^ Sweet sight.....



In terms of units, what is the count on this one again? Will this have more units than 235 W Van Buren? If so, won't this one have more units than any residential tower built in Chicago in decades?.....

ithakas Mar 9, 2016 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 7364575)
^ Sweet sight.....



In terms of units, what is the count on this one again? Will this have more units than 235 W Van Buren? If so, won't this one have more units than any residential tower built in Chicago in decades?.....

792 units when announced, not sure if it's changed since.

brian_b Mar 10, 2016 2:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithakas (Post 7364593)
792 units when announced, not sure if it's changed since.

It's part of a PD that has somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 allowed units remaining to be split between 3 building sites. If the number of units in this building changes, the other 2 will be adjusted accordingly.

BVictor1 Mar 10, 2016 6:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian_b (Post 7365913)
It's part of a PD that has somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 allowed units remaining to be split between 3 building sites. If the number of units in this building changes, the other 2 will be adjusted accordingly.

Remember, phase 3 of this won't be a single structure, but townhouses around another redundant park where the old sales center used to be.

brian_b Mar 10, 2016 8:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7366310)
Remember, phase 3 of this won't be a single structure, but townhouses around another redundant park where the old sales center used to be.

The park is not being built for public benefit, it is being built to maximize the sales price of the townhouses that surround it. Exactly one block south, you've got Webster Park and those townhouses that line it are pure money. 33% higher per sq foot sales price than those across the street from the park.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.