SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

az_daniel Jan 3, 2023 4:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9827464)
I think it's a tad too early to post a dedicated thread on this, but it looks like Vela Phoenix (formerly Vela Roosevelt) has moved quite a bit. It has grown to a 293' tower (originally, FACT stated a 259' proposal). It looks a little basic. But from what I can tell, it will be an all glass and steel facade with the exception of the garage podium. Clayco would be the builder.

Sometimes less is more and we absolutely could use the architectural diversity and higher design from a developer that clearly does not want to go cheap on a facade. A nice nod to modernism as well. Looking forward to this one.

gymratmanaz Jan 3, 2023 2:17 PM

I agree. I am so tired of all the beige and lack of color in buildings.

Obadno Jan 3, 2023 4:16 PM

Green skinny (from one angle!) steel and glass almost a throwback kind of building

I’ll take it

locolife Jan 4, 2023 4:09 PM

Cloudy day in the valley

https://i.imgur.com/2pZAyG7.jpeg

CrestedSaguaro Jan 5, 2023 6:03 PM

Reading an article this morning (https://dtphx.org/2023/01/04/meet-mo...e-city-shaper/) and it has this pic of a construction model of Arizona Center. I had no idea it was proposed to be this ambitious. Wanted to share as I have never seen this before.


https://b1848968.smushcdn.com/184896...strip=1&webp=1

xymox Jan 5, 2023 7:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9831106)
Reading an article this morning (https://dtphx.org/2023/01/04/meet-mo...e-city-shaper/) and it has this pic of a construction model of Arizona Center. I had no idea it was proposed to be this ambitious. Wanted to share as I have never seen this before.


https://b1848968.smushcdn.com/184896...strip=1&webp=1

Interesting - so ultimately Palm Tower and the Hotel don't finish the site quite as envisioned - there are two towers on the north end of the site that still need to go up.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Jan 6, 2023 5:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9831106)
Reading an article this morning (https://dtphx.org/2023/01/04/meet-mo...e-city-shaper/) and it has this pic of a construction model of Arizona Center. I had no idea it was proposed to be this ambitious. Wanted to share as I have never seen this before.


https://b1848968.smushcdn.com/184896...strip=1&webp=1

Kind of glad we don’t have 6 hideous brown buildings,lol

IndyAZ Jan 6, 2023 2:30 PM

Fact Finding, FACT 2207629, was submitted in Oct for a Mixed Use development at 114 E Portland Street. Its the NWC of 2nd Street and Portland just South of enHance.
Documents list 336 Units, 26 Stories but no additional information is provided. Developer is Convexity Interests, LLC.

ASU Diablo Jan 6, 2023 3:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9831781)
Fact Finding, FACT 2207629, was submitted in Oct for a Mixed Use development at 114 E Portland Street. Its the NWC of 2nd Street and Portland just South of enHance.
Documents list 336 Units, 26 Stories but no additional information is provided. Developer is Convexity Interests, LLC.

26 stories? :cheers:

Nice to see some great height this close to the park.

downtownphxguy12 Jan 6, 2023 4:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9831781)
Fact Finding, FACT 2207629, was submitted in Oct for a Mixed Use development at 114 E Portland Street. Its the NWC of 2nd Street and Portland just South of enHance.
Documents list 336 Units, 26 Stories but no additional information is provided. Developer is Convexity Interests, LLC.

it will be nice to fill in some of those empty lots between roosevelt and the park! wonder what ever happened to the RFP to convert old fire station to a restaurant?

CrestedSaguaro Jan 6, 2023 4:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9831854)
26 stories? :cheers:

Nice to see some great height this close to the park.

This would at least be the 4th potential tower in the Evans Churchill area to be proposed well over the 250' height limit (with one potentially over 400'). These will all require height zoning increase hearings. This begs the question...instead of these lots getting piecemealed to death for increased height zoning requests, maybe it's time for Phoenix to look at an area-wide height increase?

There is really no reason for the Roosevelt area to at a 250' height limit at this point as tower development is quickly moving into the northern reaches of downtown.

ASU Diablo Jan 6, 2023 4:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtownphxguy12 (Post 9831879)
it will be nice to fill in some of those empty lots between roosevelt and the park! wonder what ever happened to the RFP to convert old fire station to a restaurant?

Given all the articles and media coverage this RFP saw, I figured there would've been more interest. Looks like only one proposal was submitted and was awarded to "Poolhouse Group, LLC". This was back in October of last year.

Not sure where the City is in the RFP process but I'm sure negotiations are underway and then will require an approval from City Council in near future.

https://solicitations.phoenix.gov/So...chmentId=10583

Edit: It's the restaurant group behind Gadzooks. So at least some local ties...

https://poolhousegroup.com/

downtownphxguy12 Jan 6, 2023 5:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9831917)
Given all the articles and media coverage this RFP saw, I figured there would've been more interest. Looks like only one proposal was submitted and was awarded to "Poolhouse Group, LLC". This was back in October of last year.

Not sure where the City is in the RFP process but I'm sure negotiations are underway and then will require an approval from City Council in near future.

https://solicitations.phoenix.gov/So...chmentId=10583

Edit: It's the restaurant group behind Gadzooks. So at least some local ties...

https://poolhousegroup.com/

Thanks for info!

combusean Jan 6, 2023 7:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9831905)
This would at least be the 4th potential tower in the Evans Churchill area to be proposed well over the 250' height limit (with one potentially over 400'). These will all require height zoning increase hearings. This begs the question...instead of these lots getting piecemealed to death for increased height zoning requests, maybe it's time for Phoenix to look at an area-wide height increase?

There is really no reason for the Roosevelt area to at a 250' height limit at this point as tower development is quickly moving into the northern reaches of downtown.

Urban Form was a mistake. It was meant to simplify the existing zoning code with a form-based one but it's absolutely harmed larger projects. Between the too-low height limits and the density limits requiring many projects to be spot zoned with text amendments it's clear it didn't foresee the demand and other economic realities we have today.

locolife Jan 7, 2023 4:57 PM

Grabbed a few shots last night, nice to see more cranes up.

https://i.imgur.com/fTCQhCv.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/INiPlAz.jpeg

Obadno Jan 7, 2023 7:04 PM

That fist shot makes me happy. We have a real honest to god downtown with people and stuff :cheers: What a huge difference over the last 10 years

somethingfast Jan 8, 2023 3:54 PM

nice pics thanks for sharing. interesting that Chase is fully lighted...wonder why

TheSpud0 Jan 8, 2023 9:50 PM

Camera showing both Saiya's and Union 2's cranes.

https://www.phoenixvis.net/site.aspx?site=came1

Obadno Jan 8, 2023 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somethingfast (Post 9833302)
nice pics thanks for sharing. interesting that Chase is fully lighted...wonder why

It’s under remodel

somethingfast Jan 9, 2023 2:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9833489)
It’s under remodel

This isn't the major revo though is it? I was under the impression that the major revo involving external changes was just proposed...has that been progressed to action?


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.