SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

fawd Oct 9, 2020 4:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9067783)
Great to know that the Edith will be breaking ground this quarter.

Out of all the current/upcoming developments... I'm looking forward to Edith the most. I really believe it's going to make a huge impact on the urban/density feeling downtown.

ASU Diablo Oct 9, 2020 4:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 9067861)
Thanks for adding that detail. That was a better outcome for Adams Street. I just wish the Renaissance Hotel renovation had added more shade to the street instead of those pointless metal slats overhead.

If you're ever bored and need some material to read, here you go! :cheers:

https://www.phoenix.gov/villagessite..._pdf_00446.pdf

I really liked their recommendation to add some type of shade structure between the Regency Garage (to be a new tower) and the Hyatt Regency and extend it all the way down Adams up to the Renaissance. I believe one of the Regency Garage RFP submissions had some type of shade structure over Adams but don't recall which one. Maybe shade can also be installed between Renaissance Hotel and the new Edith once it breaks ground and wraps up.

https://i.imgur.com/mP3Bc2Bh.png

exit2lef Oct 9, 2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9068250)
If you're ever bored and need some material to read, here you go! :cheers:

https://www.phoenix.gov/villagessite..._pdf_00446.pdf

Thanks. That brings back some memories. I remember going to at least one charette associated with that project and arguing against a complete closure of the street. I hope some of the more ambitious ideas are realized.

PHXFlyer11 Oct 9, 2020 2:33 PM

We don’t know much about the Edith right? I recall maybe the height was cut back and is in the teens? I think we also have yet to see more than initial rendering that showed very little of the building. Correct me please if anyone has more info.

Diamonddave Oct 9, 2020 3:20 PM

I think you're right about the floors. 17 stories if I remember right.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 9, 2020 3:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 9068525)
We don’t know much about the Edith right? I recall maybe the height was cut back and is in the teens? I think we also have yet to see more than initial rendering that showed very little of the building. Correct me please if anyone has more info.

The height was cut down to 211'. Slightly taller than the Ryan.

Obadno Oct 9, 2020 4:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fawd (Post 9068226)
Out of all the current/upcoming developments... I'm looking forward to Edith the most. I really believe it's going to make a huge impact on the urban/density feeling downtown.

With the hotel across from Orpheum, X Phoenix, central station and Edith there are no longer any open lots in the core of downtown!

Now if only we could fill in the block Barrister is going on and have astra go up and we will actually have a moderately respectable downtown

azliam Oct 9, 2020 5:02 PM

We really need some movement on the Hyatt Garage RFP to fill in that gap in downtown.

Diamonddave Oct 9, 2020 5:16 PM

Yeah and don't forget Palm Court whenever that gets going.

ASU Diablo Oct 9, 2020 5:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9068691)
With the hotel across from Orpheum, X Phoenix, central station and Edith there are no longer any open lots in the core of downtown!

Now if only we could fill in the block Barrister is going on and have astra go up and we will actually have a moderately respectable downtown

What do we consider the core again?

Even if Barrister tower gets built, there's still going to be a portion of that big lot that sits empty (NWC of 1st St and Madison), right across TSRA. Last I heard, the lot owner wanted to build a freaking parking garage lol I don't think it went anywhere?

MMDelon Oct 9, 2020 6:44 PM

On the Barrister page it sounds like a development of a 350' foot tower might go up there but we will see how that project goes.

ASU Diablo Oct 9, 2020 8:59 PM

Between all the new updates with other towers lately, I completely forgot about McKinley Green. Anyone know the last update?

MMDelon Oct 9, 2020 10:47 PM

I might be wrong on this but I think X Base camp and Mckinley Green will go up at the same time because they are right next to each other.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 10, 2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9069090)
I might be wrong on this but I think X Base camp and Mckinley Green will go up at the same time because they are right next to each other.

That's the rumor. I would imagine that means they will be using the same construction contractor? 2nd Ave is going to be a freaking mess until these and Astra are all completed...not that that's a bad thing :cheers:

CrestedSaguaro Oct 10, 2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9068759)
Yeah and don't forget Palm Court whenever that gets going.

Guess I will mention it...even though I don't know for certain this means any movement soon. But there has been a lot of marking going on in the last few days. The grass, the sidewalks and the streets have a ton of utility location paint. Each palm tree adjacent to the sidewalks has a paint mark on 1 side and a flag on the opposite side. Also, the manholes have been marked and there are various markers getting placed around the remainder of the grass lot.

Not saying this is the start of anything, but possibly worth mentioning. Crossing fingers!

Diamonddave Oct 10, 2020 3:00 AM

Our fingers are crossed. Sounds like the beginning of a ground breaking.

Obadno Oct 10, 2020 5:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9069179)
Guess I will mention it...even though I don't know for certain this means any movement soon. But there has been a lot of marking going on in the last few days. The grass, the sidewalks and the streets have a ton of utility location paint. Each palm tree adjacent to the sidewalks has a paint mark on 1 side and a flag on the opposite side. Also, the manholes have been marked and there are various markers getting placed around the remainder of the grass lot.

Not saying this is the start of anything, but possibly worth mentioning. Crossing fingers!

Well the AC hotel is in its final stages and there has been no slowdown in apartment and housing demand for Phoenix, I dont see why developers would hold off on residential projects like Palmcourt.

Diamonddave Oct 10, 2020 12:30 PM

Looking back on one of the threads I read that Palm Court would break ground 1st quarter of 2021. ,But here's wishing for a sooner start.

Phxguy Oct 10, 2020 3:02 PM

The Lafferty-owned surface lot on 12th St between Wash and Jeff has been graded. Looks like construction might be in the near future?

CrestedSaguaro Oct 10, 2020 4:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 9069518)
The Lafferty-owned surface lot on 12th St between Wash and Jeff has been graded. Looks like construction might be in the near future?

There was an article a couple weeks ago that they broke ground on it. I think it's posted in the mid-rise thread.