SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

Stormer Sep 21, 2017 3:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7928694)
Most legit rumor I've heard is it's a group out of Saskatoon.

Please please let it be these guys:

http://www.grassrootsrestaurantgroup.ca/

jigglysquishy Sep 21, 2017 3:26 PM

All I want is Yip Hongs which is the best Chinese food in the province

Drofmab Sep 21, 2017 3:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7928957)
Please please let it be these guys:

http://www.grassrootsrestaurantgroup.ca/

I second that vote.
One of the best meals of my life at Ayden. And the service was exceptional.

Dan0myte Sep 21, 2017 7:22 PM

(delete)

Stormer Sep 22, 2017 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7929016)
I second that vote.
One of the best meals of my life at Ayden. And the service was exceptional.

Yes we need to get in on this. See this article about culinary explosion in Saskatoon.

http://www.foodandwine.com/travel/

Stormer Sep 26, 2017 2:03 PM

Up and running...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Sg...=w1244-h932-no

HomerSPC Sep 26, 2017 3:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7933563)
Up and running...

Your image doesn't work.

one_brick_at_a_time Sep 26, 2017 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7933563)

This looks GREAT!!!! We need more of this type of retail infill on ground floor space in downtown. Ps. Is that the new moved Royal Bank access bridge?

Drofmab Sep 26, 2017 5:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 7933678)
This looks GREAT!!!! We need more of this type of retail infill on ground floor space in downtown. Ps. Is that the new moved Royal Bank access bridge?

Yes - that's the new pedway. They're apparently aiming for late October to have it open (was previously mid/late Sept). I can smell glue/paint when passing by, so I'd bet the work on the pedway itself is pretty well complete (aside from exterior cladding), but the mall corridor isn't ready to open yet.

Starbucks must've been rushed to open - there are a lot of small finishing details left to complete. Plus, the floor is weird... they tried to expose the original tile, but slapped concrete down at the front. Hard to describe, doesn't look finished. Maybe they're aiming for a hip/vintage look - but my bet is they just didn't have a plan in place for the flooring they found, given the timelines.
(I was never in Bryan's - maybe it was like this too).

Echoes Sep 26, 2017 5:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7928957)
Please please let it be these guys:

http://www.grassrootsrestaurantgroup.ca/

You very well could be right....

From a recent profile on Chef Dale Mackay in Nuvo Magazine:

Quote:

MacKay feels a restaurant in Regina will be next, if they can find the right spot.
http://nuvomagazine.com/magazine/aut...ef-dale-mackay

Stormer Sep 26, 2017 8:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 7933678)
This looks GREAT!!!! We need more of this type of retail infill on ground floor space in downtown. Ps. Is that the new moved Royal Bank access bridge?

That's the new Bridge. I am linking from Google Pictures Cloud but it keeps disappearing on me.

I expect Starbucks will have a small patio next year.

Draftsman Sep 27, 2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7933811)
Yes - that's the new pedway. They're apparently aiming for late October to have it open (was previously mid/late Sept). I can smell glue/paint when passing by, so I'd bet the work on the pedway itself is pretty well complete (aside from exterior cladding), but the mall corridor isn't ready to open yet.

Starbucks must've been rushed to open - there are a lot of small finishing details left to complete. Plus, the floor is weird... they tried to expose the original tile, but slapped concrete down at the front. Hard to describe, doesn't look finished. Maybe they're aiming for a hip/vintage look - but my bet is they just didn't have a plan in place for the flooring they found, given the timelines.
(I was never in Bryan's - maybe it was like this too
).

I don't know what it is about the need to expose the original flooring in any building. I saw this floor in Starbucks and it looks horrible. Ditto for Beer Brothers, and Central Hall in Casino Regina. Please, there's nothing interesting in terrazzo flooring from decades ago.

Regina Boi Sep 28, 2017 1:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7933563)

Yay, another fake Starbucks, where I can't redeem my reward points.

BrannyMuffin Sep 28, 2017 1:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina Boi (Post 7935507)
Yay, another fake Starbucks, where I can't redeem my reward points.

This and mobile ordering are issues they're working on. I think it's a technical issue that they need to work out.

Drofmab Sep 28, 2017 5:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin (Post 7935533)
This and mobile ordering are issues they're working on. I think it's a technical issue that they need to work out.

Doesn't seem like they're working very hard on it... been like this for years.
I'm not aware of any licensed Starbucks that allows reward redemption, or mobile ordering. Then again, licensed/franchised stores are by far the exception, not the rule worldwide... so the bang for their buck probably doesn't make it worth their while.

BrannyMuffin Sep 28, 2017 6:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7936158)
Doesn't seem like they're working very hard on it... been like this for years.
I'm not aware of any licensed Starbucks that allows reward redemption, or mobile ordering. Then again, licensed/franchised stores are by far the exception, not the rule worldwide... so the bang for their buck probably doesn't make it worth their while.

I was curious because I had heard that they were working on it from an employee, but I didn't know anything about it other than that. I looked it up in the FAQ on the Starbucks rewards page and t says some licensed locations offer these services. Their Facebook page says they're working on it as apparently it's an issue with their tills. I don't know if that makes sense, but in any case, they said they're hoping to have it working by the new year...which is still a little ways away, so I don't know if they're just saying that so people quit asking, if they're working on a fix, or if they just plan on getting tills that are capable by the new year.

Drofmab Sep 28, 2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin (Post 7936262)
I was curious because I had heard that they were working on it from an employee, but I didn't know anything about it other than that. I looked it up in the FAQ on the Starbucks rewards page and t says some licensed locations offer these services. Their Facebook page says they're working on it as apparently it's an issue with their tills. I don't know if that makes sense, but in any case, they said they're hoping to have it working by the new year...which is still a little ways away, so I don't know if they're just saying that so people quit asking, if they're working on a fix, or if they just plan on getting tills that are capable by the new year.

Well, if it happens, it'll be a welcome change in Regina, at the very least :)

BrutallyDishonest2 Sep 29, 2017 2:15 AM

Here's a pic of the beautiful floors for all of you:

https://i.imgur.com/PryFqyb.jpg

They should have skim-coated the whole thing in concrete. It would if the aesthetic better anyway.

TechnicalRecession Sep 29, 2017 2:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7933563)

It's a really great little historical building, from the outside at least. I love the Tyndall stone detail around the far left and right window rows and how it changes on each floor. Great to see businesses breath new life into these types of buildings. I wish the renovated Sask Wheat Pool building put retail on the main floor instead of offices.

one_brick_at_a_time Sep 29, 2017 3:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnicalRecession (Post 7936821)
It's a really great little historical building, from the outside at least. I love the Tyndall stone detail around the far left and right window rows and how it changes on each floor. Great to see businesses breath new life into these types of buildings. I wish the renovated Sask Wheat Pool building put retail on the main floor instead of offices.

I agree. Such a wasted renovation (other than restoration) not putting retail on the main floor of the Viterra older portion.


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.