SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

MadMax Jun 30, 2017 4:48 PM

Bobby's Place is closing, the last night is tonight, and also heard Durty Nelly's (McNally's) is closing too if it hasn't already. Definitely a huge hit to the Dewdney bar strip.

aberrant Jun 30, 2017 9:23 PM

There are already other pubs and restaurants looking to open in those places, as well as in other spaces on and off Dewdney.

Drofmab Jul 20, 2017 4:19 AM

Noticed that the Atlantis location at 11th & Cornwall has closed & Brewed Awakening will be opening in the space. They're getting to be quite the powerhouse in Regina, eh?

(the Atlantis at Vic & Hamilton is still open)

BrannyMuffin Jul 20, 2017 6:54 AM

Nothing huge, but I saw a poster for a Jugo Juice in Hill Tower 1. But I didn't read it that closely and I'm wondering if it was for an actual location there or looking for franchisees. I do remember it being specific to that building though.

jigglysquishy Jul 20, 2017 1:23 PM

The Jugo Juice sign is at least a year old.

StealthGirl Jul 20, 2017 3:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7870344)
Noticed that the Atlantis location at 11th & Cornwall has closed & Brewed Awakening will be opening in the space. They're getting to be quite the powerhouse in Regina, eh?

(the Atlantis at Vic & Hamilton is still open)

Good to see Brewed being so successful. So they have the original on Prince of Wales, Harbour Landing (which is a wine bar at night), Hill Ave (tiny), Dewdney (only open through the day and rentable at night), Campion at the university, the Bakery (old Orange Boot on Gordon Rd) and now downtown.

House Jul 20, 2017 6:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 7851062)
Bobby's Place is closing, the last night is tonight, and also heard Durty Nelly's (McNally's) is closing too if it hasn't already. Definitely a huge hit to the Dewdney bar strip.

I heard that the old World of Trout/Tiki room building was sold and will be turned into a bar. Rumor is O'Hanlon bought it.

BrutallyDishonest2 Jul 20, 2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by House (Post 7870925)
I heard that the old World of Trout/Tiki room building was sold and will be turned into a bar. Rumor is O'Hanlon bought it.

O'Hanlon might be running it but he isn't buying it. He has no money to do such things. My understanding is that will be McNally's.

Stormer Jul 21, 2017 5:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by House (Post 7870925)
I heard that the old World of Trout/Tiki room building was sold and will be turned into a bar. Rumor is O'Hanlon bought it.

Are World of Trout/Tiki room closing/moving?

jigglysquishy Jul 21, 2017 7:08 PM

Anyone heard the Starbucks rumor for downtown?

Stormer Jul 21, 2017 7:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 7871998)
Anyone heard the Starbucks rumor for downtown?

I have heard that a bunch of new Starbucks are in the works.

I believe they will be franchises to avoid their labour difficulties.

Nathan Jul 21, 2017 7:27 PM

^Im just as happy without them. It's nice having local options instead. :shrug:

jigglysquishy Jul 21, 2017 10:42 PM

O'Hanlon is asking for a name for the new pub

Festivus Jul 22, 2017 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7871196)
O'Hanlon might be running it but he isn't buying it. He has no money to do such things. My understanding is that will be McNally's.

Just for clarity—are you saying that O'Hanlon is going to be using the old McNally's space, or that McNally's is going to be using the old Tiki Room space?

BrutallyDishonest2 Jul 22, 2017 4:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7871914)
Are World of Trout/Tiki room closing/moving?

Tiki Room has already moved to the Somerset Block a year ago and WOT is closing at the end of the month.

BrutallyDishonest2 Jul 22, 2017 4:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 7872400)
Just for clarity—are you saying that O'Hanlon is going to be using the old McNally's space, or that McNally's is going to be using the old Tiki Room space?

The latter. Or at least some variation of McNally's with a new name.

BrutallyDishonest2 Jul 22, 2017 4:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7872008)
I have heard that a bunch of new Starbucks are in the works.

I believe they will be franchises to avoid their labour difficulties.

I have heard two things. 1) the franchise owner at the old superstore can open one additional franchise 2) Starbucks thinks they are going to be able to get the union issue taken care of (I have my doubts because I think they have to sign a CBA before they can vote to remove the union, but they can probably afford good lawyers.)

Regina Boi Jul 22, 2017 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7872535)
I have two things. 1) the franchise owner at the old superstore can open one additional franchise 2) Starbucks thinks they are going to be able to get the union issue taken care of (I have my doubts because I think they have to sign a CBA before they can vote to remove the union, but they can probably afford good lawyers.)

I'm not sure the old Superstore location is doing that well. They have started closing at 6pm now. They told us they were not busy enough in the evenings, which is too bad.

Regina Boi Jul 23, 2017 8:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina Boi (Post 7872818)
I'm not sure the old Superstore location is doing that well. They have started closing at 6pm now. They told us they were not busy enough in the evenings, which is too bad.

Just went there today. Now they are closed on Sundays.

Drofmab Jul 23, 2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7872535)
I have heard two things. 1) the franchise owner at the old superstore can open one additional franchise 2) Starbucks thinks they are going to be able to get the union issue taken care of (I have my doubts because I think they have to sign a CBA before they can vote to remove the union, but they can probably afford good lawyers.)

This issue has stood for so long (10+ years), and Starbucks has been found in violation 3 times... I doubt they care enough about the Regina market to worry about spending money on lawyers to re-fight issues in order to open corporate stores here. They'll continue to work through franchises, and open stores in the area (Moose Jaw has a free-standing one; I'd be shocked if White City/Emerald Park doesn't get a corporate store soon; etc).

I could be wrong... but why would they care enough about Regina to invest the money it would take to get the LRB rulings overturned?


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.