SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

Drofmab Apr 6, 2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskdave (Post 7764098)
Manager at Brewsters north today said that all three locations are closing. The south one will be the first one to close. Sounds like they will all close over the next couple of months.

That's weird - they've just gone through a rebranding exercise. Last ditch effort, I guess. They always seem busy when I got there (admittedly, I haven't been in about 6-8months, due in large part to more options... most with better beer options).

BrutallyDishonest2 Apr 7, 2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djforsberg (Post 7764958)
So what I heard about Hudsons Tap House replacing the south Brewsters could very well be true. Still a little sad that they all are closing. My friends and I used to go there religiously on Mondays for wing and schooner night. Could get an order of both for $10 if I can remember. Boy has that changed since.

Hudson's had been in talks with them for months about the location. However it's pathetic that Hudson's is going there when they've had ample opportunities in much better central locations. I hope that plan falls apart, for Hudson's sake.

BrutallyDishonest2 Apr 7, 2017 12:41 AM

There is also an application for a takeway coffee shop location at 3008 13th Avenue

Hopefully that goes through and hopefully Gales sells the building soon considering how horrifically underutilized the building is.

djforsberg Apr 7, 2017 4:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7765066)
Hudson's had been in talks with them for months about the location. However it's pathetic that Hudson's is going there when they've had ample opportunities in much better central locations. I hope that plan falls apart, for Hudson's sake.

I agree. Where would you like to see it go? I'd like to see it go somewhere on Dewdney. I'm hearing the downtown pubs are taking people away from the strip so maybe Hudsons would bring some back there. We really need a connection between downtown and the District.

BrutallyDishonest2 Apr 7, 2017 4:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djforsberg (Post 7765707)
I agree. Where would you like to see it go? I'd like to see it go somewhere on Dewdney. I'm hearing the downtown pubs are taking people away from the strip so maybe Hudsons would bring some back there. We really need a connection between downtown and the District.

Until the pedestrian bridge is build I think it's mostly a dead connect. Even then I'm not as sanguine as many. Especially if they build a stadium and ruin the area.

Hudson's has looked at at least three locations on Dewdney that would worked. They also could have gone on Scarth St. But for some reason they think they need suburban parking ratios.

Drofmab Apr 7, 2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskdave (Post 7764098)
Manager at Brewsters north today said that all three locations are closing. The south one will be the first one to close. Sounds like they will all close over the next couple of months.

This is one of those 'telephone game' items... they're not closing. They are looking to change, given changing local landscape (more breweries, and more restaurants/pubs/sports bars). Plan is to moving one location, and find a better option for their brewing operations.

I suspect the manager at the north location heard part of the story & made some assumptions.

pappcam Apr 8, 2017 3:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7766224)
This is one of those 'telephone game' items... they're not closing. They are looking to change, given changing local landscape (more breweries, and more restaurants/pubs/sports bars). Plan is to moving one location, and find a better option for their brewing operations.

I suspect the manager at the north location heard part of the story & made some assumptions.

What sort of manager spreads false rumours about their place closing without all the facts? Sounds like quite the manager they have there.

Festivus Apr 9, 2017 4:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 7766709)
What sort of manager spreads false rumours about their place closing without all the facts? Sounds like quite the manager they have there.



http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...icex-large.jpg

HomerSPC Apr 10, 2017 3:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 7767185)

Not to be that guy, but it was actually this guy that tried spreading false rumours about the branch closing. ;)

http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/...eedBratton.jpg

Stormer Apr 10, 2017 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 7766709)
What sort of manager spreads false rumours about their place closing without all the facts? Sounds like quite the manager they have there.

The kind of manager who is losing his job? Probably not a ton of loyalty remaining.

aberrant Apr 10, 2017 4:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djforsberg (Post 7765707)
I agree. Where would you like to see it go? I'd like to see it go somewhere on Dewdney. I'm hearing the downtown pubs are taking people away from the strip so maybe Hudsons would bring some back there. We really need a connection between downtown and the District.

I agree we need better connectivity (among other things).

Davidson Apr 11, 2017 4:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7765731)
Until the pedestrian bridge is build I think it's mostly a dead connect. Even then I'm not as sanguine as many. Especially if they build a stadium and ruin the area.

Hudson's has looked at at least three locations on Dewdney that would worked. They also could have gone on Scarth St. But for some reason they think they need suburban parking ratios.

Which is odd, because in Edmonton they're on Whyte Ave. and in Saskatoon they're on 21st Street in front of the Bessborough - which is a prime downtown location, but the complete opposite of a suburban parking lot.

No matter, I'm much more excited about the new Cathedral Social House from Regina that going to open in the old Freehouse location on Spadina Ave.

Stormer Jun 2, 2017 7:52 PM

A new small coffee place called 33 1/3 Roasters is up for approval at the RPC next week. It will be next to Gales on 13th near W of Robinson (3008 13th)

Dan0myte Jun 2, 2017 8:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7823276)
A new small coffee place called 33 1/3 Roasters is up for approval at the RPC next week. It will be next to Gales on 13th near W of Robinson (3008 13th)

Do you think they're moving from their 15th&Montreal location, or setting up a second location?

Drofmab Jun 4, 2017 3:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan0myte (Post 7823299)
Do you think they're moving from their 15th&Montreal location, or setting up a second location?

I'd be shocked if they moved from 15th & Montreal. Vibe in there is great - works really well with Malty National and the clothing/vinyl shop. Constant flow of customers.

BrutallyDishonest2 Jun 4, 2017 4:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7824266)
I'd be shocked if they moved from 15th & Montreal. Vibe in there is great - works really well with Malty National and the clothing/vinyl shop. Constant flow of customers.

The new spot is also only 810 sq.ft.

BrannyMuffin Jun 20, 2017 10:51 PM

If anyone remembers Beak's Chicken they're opening their restaurant at 1511 11th Ave. in mid-July. I feel like it's been a couple of years since they started this process. That area could always use some love, too, so hopefully it goes well.

BrutallyDishonest2 Jun 21, 2017 3:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin (Post 7840658)
If anyone remembers Beak's Chicken they're opening their restaurant at 1511 11th Ave. in mid-July. I feel like it's been a couple of years since they started this process. That area could always use some love, too, so hopefully it goes well.

I wish them well, however the location is going to be extremely tough to pull off.

curo Jun 23, 2017 8:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7840890)
I wish them well, however the location is going to be extremely tough to pull off.

Terrible name & terrible location. Hopefully the product is good.

Snowgirl Jun 26, 2017 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7824266)
I'd be shocked if they moved from 15th & Montreal. Vibe in there is great - works really well with Malty National and the clothing/vinyl shop. Constant flow of customers.

T&A Vinyl is moving onto Victoria Avenue beside The Italian Star.


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.