SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

pappcam Sep 13, 2018 3:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aberrant (Post 8312806)
The lack of seniors pricing will definitely not be good for business... seniors love their smorgs, but only if they get a deal!

Yep. I'm quite surprised there's no seniors price in there since they've already went overboard with the age classifications.

sastaunik44 Sep 28, 2018 8:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 8312816)
Yep. I'm quite surprised there's no seniors price in there since they've already went overboard with the age classifications.

Seniors get 10% off. I heard its good but expensive. As my wife eats like a bird I wont be going.

Stormer Oct 2, 2018 8:33 PM

Grasslands just announced Popeye's, Meating Place and Meltwich.

Rodo Regina Lover Oct 5, 2018 7:13 PM

I assume one of the recently announced new restaurants in HL will be going into the space attached to DSW as they are presently works on site!

Stormer Oct 5, 2018 7:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodo Regina Lover (Post 8337183)
I assume one of the recently announced new restaurants in HL will be going into the space attached to DSW as they are presently works on site!

It appears that one of Meating Room and Popeyes is going beside DSW and the other is going behind in what was to have been a purpose-built Brown's Social House.

Meltwhich is going in the Knight Archer Building.

cityboy Oct 10, 2018 9:54 PM

Aurora

I see that Starbucks is back on the site map for Aurora along with Pronto Pizzeria. Anybody familiar with this place?

Stormer Oct 10, 2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cityboy (Post 8341933)
I see that Starbucks is back on the site map for Aurora along with Pronto Pizzeria. Anybody familiar with this place?

It's a Winnipeg outfit that applies the Chipotle model to pizza. Fast, fresh and custom.

djc-503 Oct 11, 2018 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cityboy (Post 8341933)

How long before there is confusion with the sushi restaurant down by the university?

Stormer Oct 11, 2018 9:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djc-503 (Post 8343120)
How long before there is confusion with the sushi restaurant down by the university?

Italian sushi!

djc-503 Oct 18, 2018 6:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8343140)
Italian sushi!

Maybe Passionate Pizza & Sensuous Sushi was just ahead of its time.

StealthGirl Oct 23, 2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 8312526)
I predict it closes in 9 months.

Crappy location.

sastaunik44 Oct 24, 2018 7:05 PM

anymore news on Olive Garden?

aberrant Oct 25, 2018 5:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sastaunik44 (Post 8356374)
anymore news on Olive Garden?

Yep, this newsflash just came in - It is still a bland boring chain that is struggling to remain relevant in North America. Stay tuned as this story unfolds.

djforsberg Oct 25, 2018 2:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aberrant (Post 8357086)
Yep, this newsflash just came in - It is still a bland boring chain that is struggling to remain relevant in North America. Stay tuned as this story unfolds.

Thanks for taking the words out of my mouth.

PhotoJim Oct 25, 2018 3:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aberrant (Post 8357086)

I didn't think restaurants needed to be relevant; they just need to provide decent-enough food at a decent-enough price with decent-enough service.

pappcam Oct 25, 2018 6:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoJim (Post 8357398)
I didn't think restaurants needed to be relevant; they just need to provide decent-enough food at a decent-enough price with decent-enough service.

But what if you're pretentious? Only trendy and relevant will work in that situation. :rolleyes:

Stormer Oct 25, 2018 7:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 8357735)
But what if you're pretentious? Only trendy and relevant will work in that situation. :rolleyes:

Maybe I am in the minority, but I will not bother eating out (for dinner at least) unless it is way better or much different than what I can eat at home (which is very good).

pappcam Oct 25, 2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8357829)
Maybe I am in the minority, but I will not bother eating out (for dinner at least) unless it is way better or much different than what I can eat at home (which is very good).

Well people lead busy lives and convenience is worth paying for some people. People actually eat at these places you folks are so proud to look down on and they aren't just trash or hicks that don't know the difference between good and bad. I don't expect or need some 5 star chef to cook for me when I'm out.

I hate the term "elitist" but I really don't know another word that easily explains the attitudes so prevalent in here. I don't give a crap if people eat at McDonald's every week and it has no bearing on what I think about them as a person.

Stormer Oct 26, 2018 2:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappcam (Post 8358142)
Well people lead busy lives and convenience is worth paying for some people. People actually eat at these places you folks are so proud to look down on and they aren't just trash or hicks that don't know the difference between good and bad. I don't expect or need some 5 star chef to cook for me when I'm out.

I hate the term "elitist" but I really don't know another word that easily explains the attitudes so prevalent in here. I don't give a crap if people eat at McDonald's every week and it has no bearing on what I think about them as a person.

Or is a person who does not cook for themselves the elitist? ;)

pappcam Oct 26, 2018 3:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8358625)
Or is a person who does not cook for themselves the elitist? ;)

Lol. That could be true but they also could just be lazy. :D