SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

trigirdbers Mar 1, 2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixheadphones (Post 5183377)
Roosevelt is still awesome, and 5th street has really come together. It's a nice area and those housing suggestions from Hoover were really good. Good luck! Also you might try looking west of central, around the 3rd Ave. My friend just scored a great little house around there for like $700 a month, so i'm sure you could find a cool place for around 500

Good to hear, I've read articles lamenting the death of Modified as a sign that the music scene on Roosevelt was finished.

phoenixheadphones Mar 1, 2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigirdbers (Post 5183579)
Good to hear, I've read articles lamenting the death of Modified as a sign that the music scene on Roosevelt was finished.

Yeah, it would be great if live music was still available on Roosevelt, but the trunk space is still going strong, and thats right down the street.

trigirdbers Mar 2, 2011 1:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixheadphones (Post 5183585)
Yeah, it would be great if live music was still available on Roosevelt, but the trunk space is still going strong, and thats right down the street.

Thought Trunk Space was like 2 miles away?

HooverDam Mar 2, 2011 4:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigirdbers (Post 5183364)
I've seen stuff in the price range but I know it can be totally hit or miss at 500 bucks.

Also I should've asked, are you wanting to live alone for $500? Because it would likely be a lot easier for you to get a 2 bedroom for $700-1000 and still only be paying $500 or less yourself if you were open to a room mate. That would open up a lot more options.

E: Another decent block of Mid Century apartment complexes is between 7th ave, 4th ave, Indianola and Whitten. Its midtown, you have a grocery store near by and you're not far from both the Indian School & Osborn LRT stations.

Before I ended up moving to Boston I looked at the "Forrest Park" apartments there on 7th Ave, they seem nice. They're a little higher in price but they include a lot of stuff, utilities, cable, etc. They have a few different buildings they've acquired over time and they're all very well landscaped.

trigirdbers Mar 2, 2011 6:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooverDam (Post 5183896)
Also I should've asked, are you wanting to live alone for $500? Because it would likely be a lot easier for you to get a 2 bedroom for $700-1000 and still only be paying $500 or less yourself if you were open to a room mate. That would open up a lot more options.

E: Another decent block of Mid Century apartment complexes is between 7th ave, 4th ave, Indianola and Whitten. Its midtown, you have a grocery store near by and you're not far from both the Indian School & Osborn LRT stations.

Before I ended up moving to Boston I looked at the "Forrest Park" apartments there on 7th Ave, they seem nice. They're a little higher in price but they include a lot of stuff, utilities, cable, etc. They have a few different buildings they've acquired over time and they're all very well landscaped.

Its only for the summer and I prefer to live alone anyway. Hopefully I'll have a bit more money to play with when I move back for good. I'll take a look at these apartments. Thanks again.

Btw, why did you end up moving to Boston, job? I admit, I haven't been checking the forum as frequently as in the past.

Vicelord John Mar 2, 2011 7:05 AM

Boston for a girl. From what i understand he is being floated. I can only wish i were in a similar situation.

phoenixheadphones Mar 2, 2011 4:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigirdbers (Post 5183708)
Thought Trunk Space was like 2 miles away?

Yeah its on Grand, but thats just a bike ride away.

HooverDam Mar 2, 2011 5:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigirdbers (Post 5184016)

Btw, why did you end up moving to Boston, job? I admit, I haven't been checking the forum as frequently as in the past.

For a girl and career opportunities. I'll be back to PHX eventually though.

VVVV Brighton, near BC. Near Cleveland Circle. I'll be performing at the Comedy Studio in Harvard Square on March 17th if you don't have anything to do you and the Misses should come on out.

Suns v Celtics tonight, Ill be there :D

Luke Skyscraper Mar 2, 2011 6:00 PM

Where abouts in Boston, Hoover? I live in the Boston burbs myself.
Would love to get back to PHX, but my wife is too attached to family here. Best I can hope for is to get back for a week or two:cheers: when the snow is flying here.

gymratmanaz Mar 3, 2011 8:29 PM

I hate being vague, but here goes...... I just talked to a very reliable DT businessman, who has already been involved in some major additions to DT. He said in the coming months, there looks to be 2 major announcements of additional projects. One of them is about a large medical research addition near to the US Airways arena. He didn't say anything about the other major announcement. .... Again, sorry to be vague, but that's all I know cause I was not in a position to keep prying.

combusean Mar 4, 2011 8:59 AM

^ "A large medical research addition" near USAC? Couldn't imagine anything more out of left field, esp considering the site I bet it will be (next to the barrister building) was supposed to be a hotel. Why would this not be at the biotech campus?

A Google Maps listing for AstraZeneca just showed up for the whole 7th floor of Collier Center, incidentally. Does anyone know how long they've been leasing there (suite 700)? I bet they're involved.

gymratmanaz Mar 4, 2011 12:42 PM

I did ask at first if he was talking about near the Bio campus and he said nope, near USAC. It sure threw me too. I can't imagine using either of the empty lots across from USAC. They wouldn't use anything on Jackson would they?

combusean Mar 4, 2011 8:29 PM

Why would none of the empty lots across from USAC work? I couldn't think of a better site than the Barrister Building lot.

I'm somewhat miffed about the overall announcement. A research/office building downtown, all built and equipped by the same company and approaching the airport height limits could possibly rank as the most expensive private project in the metropolitan area outside of Intel's facilities in Chandler. We conceivably wrote our tax code for these kinds of corporate expansions so it's possible they might be bearing fruit.

gymratmanaz Mar 4, 2011 9:20 PM

Who said it was built high? That would be cool. I just said medical research. I assumed it would not be that big and those corner lots would be better used for hotels or offices or condos. If it is a huge medical building and maxes out the height, then rock on.

HX_Guy Mar 6, 2011 12:02 AM

Best view of downtown, it's really starting to look pretty decent.

http://nitnelav.com/DTMarch52011/1.jpg

combusean Mar 6, 2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 5187652)
Who said it was built high? That would be cool. I just said medical research. I assumed it would not be that big and those corner lots would be better used for hotels or offices or condos. If it is a huge medical building and maxes out the height, then rock on.

If you go into my city and build something NOT tall 2 blocks from my 0,0 point, you are officially an asshole.

HooverDam Mar 6, 2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HX_Guy (Post 5188674)
Best view of downtown, it's really starting to look pretty decent.

http://nitnelav.com/DTMarch52011/1.jpg

Wow, gorgeous shot, the sky looks terrific here. Its disappointing to see the park not in more use on what I assume was a Saturday with gorgeous weather.

Hopefully once the South end of the Old Post Office becomes the ASU Student Union (if thats still the plan) it'll liven the space up. And if the Westward Ho were ever returned to life as a hotel I imagine that would help a lot.

bwonger06 Mar 6, 2011 1:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooverDam (Post 5188700)
Wow, gorgeous shot, the sky looks terrific here. Its disappointing to see the park not in more use on what I assume was a Saturday with gorgeous weather.

Hopefully once the South end of the Old Post Office becomes the ASU Student Union (if thats still the plan) it'll liven the space up. And if the Westward Ho were ever returned to life as a hotel I imagine that would help a lot.

I agree, however, its nice to see the park get good usage during the week. I have seen a lot of ASU students hang out in the park and play ultimate frisbee, etc.

You would think the park would get more usage with the farmers market a few minutes away.

davidmperre@gmail.co Mar 6, 2011 6:08 AM

If only there was a demand for high rise residential building in downtown. :wah:

Phxguy Mar 6, 2011 6:13 AM

Well there is demand for residentail building right now, but not high rise living. Until 44 Monroe starts filling up further increasing demand we won't have another residentail high rise.

Also did anyone hear about the new music venue opening up in the Warehouse District??