SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

CrestedSaguaro Apr 28, 2021 5:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azliam (Post 9263178)
Just so that no one is confused about this project, it's still called First McKinley, correct?

https://hatterassky.com/projects/

Correct, it is actually First McKinley. I still call it McKinley Green out of habit. ;)

azliam Apr 28, 2021 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9263505)
Correct, it is actually First McKinley. I still call it McKinley Green out of habit. ;)

:tup:

Mr.RE Apr 28, 2021 6:33 PM

Are there any active OxBlue or other construction cams out there for any of these PHX projects? We used to have quite a few links around here for prior projects.

CrestedSaguaro Apr 28, 2021 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.RE (Post 9263598)
Are there any active OxBlue or other construction cams out there for any of these PHX projects? We used to have quite a few links around here for prior projects.

Seems like these are in short supply these days. I regular check for them and haven't had any luck finding any.

crwhiteinaz Apr 29, 2021 3:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 9261912)
The site plan is in the rezoning staff report.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Docu...PZ/Z-21-16.pdf

Thanks a bunch Combusean!

PHX31 Apr 30, 2021 7:12 PM

moving this post here from the mid-rise thread because it's about high rise stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil (Post 9265935)
Some good info on Jefferson Place and Palm Court Tower. Looks like Will Bruder's design for Palm Court did get scrapped.

https://azbex.com/top-10-az-multifam...cts-in-design/

In there it says McKinley Green to begin construction in Q3 2022. Wasn't this project recently being talked about in some thread on here as if it could be the next ground breaking (in addition to Garfield House (name?) on 6th St)?

Can we do the list thing again with everything new that has now broken ground, potentially imminent (Q2 this year)) or in the near future? Not talking about anything still under construction.

1. Garfield House (broken ground?)
2. McKinley Green (Q3 2022 - apparently)
3. Astra (assume Q4 2021??)
4. Central Station (who knows)
5. Jefferson Place (Barrister) (Q4 2021)
6. Palm Court Tower (Q4 2021)
7. Link Phase 3 (?)
8. That one just north of all of the Links (?)
9. Blue (?)
?
?
?

MMDelon Apr 30, 2021 7:43 PM

Seems odd it would take First McKinley that long to break ground. We have the Moon tower breaking ground soon and I think The Skye has already started if I am not mistaken. The Blue might not break ground until mid 2022 if everything goes well. X Base camp won't break ground until First McKinley breaks ground. I heard in this group that X Phoenix Phase 3 was suppose to the bigger tower but who knows when that will be built. The Edith should hopefully break ground this year too.

azliam Apr 30, 2021 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil (Post 9265935)
Some good info on Jefferson Place and Palm Court Tower. Looks like Will Bruder's design for Palm Court did get scrapped.

https://azbex.com/top-10-az-multifam...cts-in-design/

Thanks for posting. What a cluster article though. It states the architect is Bates & Forum Studio. I researched an article that stated their website was www.batesforum.com. When you click it, it takes you Lamar Johnson Collaborative; yet, there are no diagrams for Palm Court anywhere on their site. https://theljc.com/

:uhh:

CrestedSaguaro Apr 30, 2021 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9265968)
Seems odd it would take First McKinley that long to break ground. We have the Moon tower breaking ground soon and I think The Skye has already started if I am not mistaken. The Blue might not break ground until mid 2022 if everything goes well. X Base camp won't break ground until First McKinley breaks ground. I heard in this group that X Phoenix Phase 3 was suppose to the bigger tower but who knows when that will be built. The Edith should hopefully break ground this year too.

X is only 2 phase project and I am not sure what is happening with phase 2. The garage and the East portion of the tower fronting Van Buren were not built like they are planning another tower. Also, a lot split was done sometime last year which could potentially indicate it getting sold down the road. I think another developer would be hard pressed to develop the remainder of the lot. This was an issue with the original Golub design. Not sure why the Golub design and the current X tower were designed the Van Buren side undeveloped. :shrug:

X Basecamp is probably not going to be built concurrently with First McKinley at this point. If First McKinley breaks ground this summer which I think it may (I mentioned a couple of days ago there is now a fence on the lot), it sure won't be concurrent with X Basecamp as there have not been any submitted plan reviews or permits since 4/20 and some of the plan reviews have since expired.

Blue can supposedly start construction as soon as January 2022 per the city council meeting to approve the height a couple months ago. They seem to be wanting this to go up pretty quickly and I'm hoping that will be the case.

As for Palm Tower, if someone with more knowledge of permits can answer this...if a new design was chosen and the height possibly increased, wouldn't a new plan review need to be submitted with the city? There have been no such plan reviews submitted since I received my record's request with that showed the Will Bruder design.

All 5 of these will break ground before Central Station does apparently :sly:

ASU Diablo Apr 30, 2021 8:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9265968)
I heard in this group that X Phoenix Phase 3 was suppose to the bigger tower but who knows when that will be built.

X Phoenix was always a 2 phase project. Did you mean to say The Link? I remember that thread as well saying that the final 3rd tower will be taller than The Link (Tower 1) and Here PHX (Tower 2)

IndyAZ Apr 30, 2021 10:52 PM

First McKinley from talking with people involved, is wrapping up final building permit, so a Q3 start date seems accurate. Someone mentioned the site is fenced, but that is probably for demo of the existing building and parking structures that are not being saved. That work is always done by a separate company not affiliated with the GC.

X Basecamp will not be built concurrently, only the utility infrastructure in the street to upsize all the lines and install new stubs to both properties. Both developers are cost sharing that work. I don't see X BC going anywhere till X Phoenix is open in Aug/Sept.

X Phoenix from what I am told will still be a 2 Phase project. It was designed that way from the start with the garage having a single entrance off Monroe. The ally still exists and is just straddled by the tower, service areas for both phases face the internal ally. That left the frontage open on Van Buren for a nicer entry and potential drop-off. The project was originally designed by XSC brand of PMG, they separated from PMG and created The X Company and the property was turned back over to PMG (hence the rename to Society and PMG did the lot split at that time). The X company started developing X Basecamp since they no longer had a property in Phoenix, but during the final phase of separation, Phoenix actually transferred back over to The X Company and that is why the project is now "X" again. Now that they are trying to wrap up the original X, I don't see them starting Phase 2 or X BC till that is officially open, but both have approved entitlements, so moving to final permit phase on either would not be as lengthy as most new projects.

MMDelon May 1, 2021 5:09 AM

My bad I mean the The Link Phoenix is a three tower project with the third tower being the biggest.

Phxguy May 3, 2021 7:08 AM

The Desoto building shows some progress with a sign on the windows saying ‘Tru Ultra Lounge Coming Soon.’ Didn’t find much looking this up, but I’m not sure if it’s the gym that was expected. Anyone have further info on this?

exit2lef May 3, 2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 9267842)
The Desoto building shows some progress with a sign on the windows saying ‘Tru Ultra Lounge Coming Soon.’ Didn’t find much looking this up, but I’m not sure if it’s the gym that was expected. Anyone have further info on this?

There's something by that name in Tampa. It definitely doesn't sound like a gym: https://www.tampabay.com/archive/201...at-former-flo/

PHXFlyer11 May 3, 2021 1:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 9267842)

Sounds awful. I feel like anything with "Ultra Lounge" in the name is just gonna be bad.

ASU Diablo May 3, 2021 3:07 PM

I'm just glad the proposed gym owners agreed with me that the gym was a horrible concept for this great space lol

exit2lef May 3, 2021 3:28 PM

I just want so bad for this space to become a brewery. DeSoto Brewing would be a good name in a good location.

ASU Diablo May 3, 2021 3:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 9268127)
I just want so bad for this space to become a brewery. DeSoto Brewing would be a good name in a good location.

This. I know we are not in the minority here with wanting a brewery for this space. Maybe we can speak it into existence :cheers:

PHXFlyer11 May 3, 2021 4:56 PM

Brewery would be great. I'm not an "Ultra Lounge" person, but I can accept a restaurant/bar/club space over a gym or Goodwill certainly.

ASUSunDevil May 3, 2021 5:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 9268127)

Four Peaks seems like a no-brainer.