SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

CrestedSaguaro Nov 27, 2019 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 8760458)
That's weird. ??? Does yours not automatically update? Not sure how it works.

Nope, I'm talking about the aerial views. Street view is random depending on where you are. I've seen some as recent as May of this year. I use Google earth pretty much all day for work.

Just checked Google Earth on my PC and Block 23 was just starting to get bulldozed. Google Maps sat view is updated to about the 5th or 6th floor of Link getting built. :shrug:

Mr.RE Nov 27, 2019 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8760527)
Just checked Google Earth on my PC and Block 23 was just starting to get bulldozed. Google Maps sat view is updated to about the 5th or 6th floor of Link getting built. :shrug:

My google earth shows Block 23 and the LINK completed. Maybe an application update is needed? Or re-install.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Nov 27, 2019 4:18 PM

Nope, tried to re install too. Maybe you have some kind of special google earth business account? I tried to log in to my google account and that didn’t work either.

PHX31 Nov 27, 2019 4:46 PM

I just checked and I'm using Google Earth Pro.

Obadno Nov 27, 2019 4:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 8760591)
I just checked and I'm using Google Earth Pro.

Yeah my google earth pro from work and 3d google maps all have pictures from about 2 years ago.

2d Maps has the most up to date photography from about 9 months ago

PHX31 Nov 27, 2019 5:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8760599)
Yeah my google earth pro from work and 3d google maps all have pictures from about 2 years ago.

2d Maps has the most up to date photography from about 9 months ago

Interesting. Well, unless Mr. RE and I have an auto update setting on that no one else does or something like that, I don't know what the deal is.

You should be able to tell exactly how old the aerial images are you're seeing... along the bottom of the window is the ribbon showing: "imagery date: 8/12/2019", lat, long, elevation, and eye altitude.

Obadno Nov 27, 2019 5:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 8760611)
Interesting. Well, unless Mr. RE and I have an auto update setting on that no one else does or something like that, I don't know what the deal is.

You should be able to tell exactly how old the aerial images are you're seeing... along the bottom of the window is the ribbon showing: "imagery date: 8/12/2019", lat, long, elevation, and eye altitude.

Oh I figured it out, There is a slider for the date that for some reason automatically defaults to 2017 instead of the most recent satellite images. Such a shame that they didnt take these pictures just a couple of months later.

All of the construction was just starting or about too. Looks like we get to wait a year now =(

Classical in Phoenix Nov 29, 2019 11:37 PM

I'm at Starbucks at Park Central and it appears the lot where the apartments are going has been fenced off. There is grading equipment on site and it has been staked.

Edit: Was able to get a closer look and they have definitely started work on the apartments.

There is also a crane at Novel, 3rd St. and Earll.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 2, 2019 2:14 AM

A little more movement. Noticed they've expanding fencing around Knipe House to the adjacent lots where the 4 floor office is going to go. Lots of permits pulled as well. Will see some more Ro2 development soon.

Also noticed Cambria is already open. Looks really good.

vwwolfe Dec 3, 2019 2:41 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the One Camelback project? They stripped the building and now it's been sitting there like that for months.

biggus diggus Dec 3, 2019 2:53 PM

Permitting delays.

exit2lef Dec 3, 2019 2:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwwolfe (Post 8765303)
Does anyone know what happened to the One Camelback project? They stripped the building and now it's been sitting there like that for months.

I’m at the Central/Camelback light rail station waiting for the train, and I can hear jackhammers at work inside the building.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 3, 2019 3:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 8765329)
I’m at the Central/Camelback light rail station waiting for the train, and I can hear jackhammers at work inside the building.

Good. I was beginning to think the developer pulled the plug. Seems like nothing has been going on for months.

exit2lef Dec 3, 2019 3:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8765330)
Good. I was beginning to think the developer pulled the plug. Seems like nothing has been going on for months.

Me too. Between that delay and the perpetual vacant lot across the street, it’s frustrating to see development stalled at what should be a bustling intersection.

Obadno Dec 3, 2019 3:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 8765334)
Me too. Between that delay and the perpetual vacant lot across the street, it’s frustrating to see development stalled at what should be a bustling intersection.

This city really did develop so strangely think of these major intersections that were and still are vacant baffalingly

Mcdowell and Central, Indian School and Central, Central and Camelback, 7th (and Ave) and Roosevelt etc etc

goes on and on. I mean I know why but its still .... :hell:

CrestedSaguaro Dec 3, 2019 4:17 PM

Tower crane app came in yesterday for Aspire, 282':

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...24201137&row=0

CrestedSaguaro Dec 3, 2019 4:25 PM

On a side topic, does anyone know what they are doing to the area South of the Convention Center? It's been fenced off for months with construction. Asked a guard last night what they were doing and he said repairs and that it will last for 2 years. Two years for repairs?? What needed repairing?

exit2lef Dec 3, 2019 4:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8765409)
On a side topic, does anyone know what they are doing to the area South of the Convention Center? It's been fenced off for months with construction. Asked a guard last night what they were doing and he said repairs and that it will last for 2 years. Two years for repairs?? What needed repairing?

I've been wondering about that too. It seems like multiple corners outside the convention center are under construction. I wonder if at least part of it has something to do with the South Central light rail extension and the new downtown hub. I think part of the project is to create a new loop of track for train staging and turnarounds. Yesterday, I saw group of people who looked like construction supervisors wearing Valley Metro vests walking along 5th Street. I think it was related to this work:

https://www.valleymetro.org/sites/de...rk11.14.19.pdf

Obadno Dec 3, 2019 5:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8765409)

I dont know but they've dug down fairly deep along most of the southern side.

I figured they were doing work under the street.

Obadno Dec 3, 2019 5:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8765399)
Tower crane app came in yesterday for Aspire, 282':

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...24201137&row=0

Sweet, another crane coming in January :tup: