SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

Warren Peace Feb 4, 2022 3:58 PM

This weekend I noticed significant interior, and open wall exterior demolition along the southernmost west facing wall of the portion of Luhrs City Center above Bitter & Twisted cocktail bar.

I probably should have taken a picture instead of posting the below as a reference. But the building I'm referencing is the brick building in the below stock image, where the visible demo is to the far right of the hot chick in the Gila River ad along the heavily windowed brick wall.

https://images1.loopnet.com/i2/pWGOG...Definition.jpg

Does anyone here have any shareable information about what changes may be underway for this building and potential occupancy?

Phxguy Feb 4, 2022 4:42 PM

Could be for the hotel that was announced back in 2020?:shrug:

https://dtphx.org/2020/03/06/histori...upscale-hotel/

biggus diggus Feb 4, 2022 5:50 PM

It's all public record:

DESCRIPTION OF WORK: LURHS HOTEL **CHANGE OF OCCUPANCY FROM B TO R-1 C OF O PERMIT**
NEW CANOPY AT EAST ENTRY AND INTERIOR REMODEL FOR MOXY HOTEL WITH 164 GUESTROOMS FROM THE 2ND THRU THE 9TH FLOORS R-1
288 OCCUPANTS, PORTION OF THE 1ST LEVEL AT GROUND FLOOR WILL BE USED FOR LOBBY, LOUNGE, FOOD AND BEVERAGE EXISTING NOT
IN SCOPE. NEW LIBRARY AT MEZZANINE A-3 17 OCCUPANTS. RESTROOMS, EXCERCISE ROOMS, OFFICE, LAUNDRY, KITCHEN AT BASEMENT 74
OCCUPANTS. THE EXISTING BUILDING WILL SHARE MECHANICAL ROOMS AT BASEMENT WITH THE EXISITNG RESTAURANT (NOT A PART) AT 1ST
FLOOR AND THE EXISITNG OFFICE TENANTS (NOT A PART) AT 10TH FLOOR. NEW ELEVATOR UNDER DIFFERED SUBBMITAL.
******Zoning/HP approved by MJAC (Maura Jackson) #HPCO 2000486******
***INSPECTIONS TO BE CONDUCTED BY AFP INSPECTORS ONLY***

edit: I edited my post because I didn't realize at first you weren't talking about the white tower which also has demo permits recently issued.

combusean Feb 4, 2022 6:54 PM

The redevelopment agreement they had many, many years ago had a bunch of things going on with it but this sounds like they're moving forward on the preservation easement that saves something like the street-facing 25 or 50' of those single story annex buildings and preparing the rear of the site for another tower.

xymox Feb 4, 2022 9:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 9525225)
The redevelopment agreement they had many, many years ago had a bunch of things going on with it but this sounds like they're moving forward on the preservation easement that saves something like the street-facing 25 or 50' of those single story annex buildings and preparing the rear of the site for another tower.

If they put another tower behind the existing - would love to see it be in a similar style. Luhr's Tower is fairly unique - a taller version of it would be great.

Diamonddave Feb 4, 2022 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xymox (Post 9525469)
If they put another tower behind the existing - would love to see it be in a similar style. Luhr's Tower is fairly unique - a taller version of it would be great.

I seem to recall awhile back seeing some renderings for a third tower. I don't recall where I saw it though, so does anyone recall the same renderings?

ASU Diablo Feb 4, 2022 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9525055)
It's all public record:

DESCRIPTION OF WORK: LURHS HOTEL **CHANGE OF OCCUPANCY FROM B TO R-1 C OF O PERMIT**
NEW CANOPY AT EAST ENTRY AND INTERIOR REMODEL FOR MOXY HOTEL WITH 164 GUESTROOMS FROM THE 2ND THRU THE 9TH FLOORS R-1
288 OCCUPANTS, PORTION OF THE 1ST LEVEL AT GROUND FLOOR WILL BE USED FOR LOBBY, LOUNGE, FOOD AND BEVERAGE EXISTING NOT
IN SCOPE. NEW LIBRARY AT MEZZANINE A-3 17 OCCUPANTS. RESTROOMS, EXCERCISE ROOMS, OFFICE, LAUNDRY, KITCHEN AT BASEMENT 74
OCCUPANTS. THE EXISTING BUILDING WILL SHARE MECHANICAL ROOMS AT BASEMENT WITH THE EXISITNG RESTAURANT (NOT A PART) AT 1ST
FLOOR AND THE EXISITNG OFFICE TENANTS (NOT A PART) AT 10TH FLOOR. NEW ELEVATOR UNDER DIFFERED SUBBMITAL.
******Zoning/HP approved by MJAC (Maura Jackson) #HPCO 2000486******
***INSPECTIONS TO BE CONDUCTED BY AFP INSPECTORS ONLY***

edit: I edited my post because I didn't realize at first you weren't talking about the white tower which also has demo permits recently issued.

I was looking at the same permits and noticed the one issued on March 2021. Think this one slipped by. I don't remember it being announced that it would be a Moxy hotel. Nice

biggus diggus Feb 4, 2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9525568)
I was looking at the same permits and noticed the one issued on March 2021. Think this one slipped by. I don't remember it being announced that it would be a Moxy hotel. Nice

Project #AFP I-0826

Building permit issued 1.13.2022 which seems to jive.

combusean Feb 4, 2022 10:51 PM

There was a rendering posted some years ago in the Luhrs City Center thread but its gone through a couple iterations of architects, one no longer in business and the other removed it from their page plus it has the taller version of the Marriott (before it got a haircut) on the wrong part of the block. No reason to believe it's remotely current.

combusean Feb 4, 2022 11:22 PM

The hotel in the biomedical campus area at 620 N 6th St appears to have filed some sort of tax appeal that in my mind indicates it's going to be torn down as the new valuation is basically the same as the almost-block sized parking lot kitty-corner to it.

Very, very interesting.

CrestedSaguaro Feb 5, 2022 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9525534)
I seem to recall awhile back seeing some renderings for a third tower. I don't recall where I saw it though, so does anyone recall the same renderings?

You may be referring to this behemoth that was somewhat proposed, but had no real traction:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...&postcount=381

azliam Feb 7, 2022 3:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9517531)
With this forum all excited about Astra and Central Station breaking ground also the start of Palm Tower, does anybody heard anything about Edith?

The city has confirmed that no groundbreaking has been scheduled; however, the developer is contractually obligated to commence construction by June 30, 2022.

ASU Diablo Feb 8, 2022 8:36 PM

Grand Ave Redevelopment News
 
Always figured the Grand Ave revival would happen so much faster but it's been real slow. This is the first development type update that I have heard of in a while.

Looks like The Egyptian Motor Hotel will finally open next month. I follow this food truck as they have got great food.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZuja15v...dium=copy_link

Last update I heard was the Sacred Heart Building catching fire back on October 2021 and nothing really else happening w/ this area. However, I have heard great things about Bacanora restaurant (where Barrio Gran Reserva used to be)

ASU Diablo Feb 8, 2022 9:41 PM

And what do you know...just like that...AZ Big Media has an article about this.. lol

https://azbigmedia.com/lifestyle/his...-grand-avenue/
Quote:

Property updates and amenities include:

• Egyptian Live: a 250-seat outdoor entertainment venue and nightly cocktail bar that will welcome local musicians, live art, magicians, comedians and more with performances year-round

• Chilte: serving locally sourced, artisanal street food from Chef Lawrence in his first brick-and-mortar outpost

• Acoustic guitars offered in select guestrooms

• Outdoor games including giant Jenga, foosball, corn hole and submarine races in the water feature

• Retro, yet modern design refresh in guestrooms ranging from stacked (bunk beds) to King offerings

downtownphxguy12 Feb 8, 2022 9:42 PM

new true north newsletter

https://mcusercontent.com/e901bb94a8...d94082cd2a.png

downtownphxguy12 Feb 8, 2022 9:44 PM

opps. page 2

https://mcusercontent.com/e901bb94a8...0b41580a2c.png

ASU Diablo Feb 8, 2022 9:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtownphxguy12 (Post 9529434)

Thanks for sharing and the possibility of getting lots at 102 E Willeta St developed sounds promising (they were just recently sold/acquired as well). The rendering included mentions "design inspiration" but looks promising and a whole lot better than the proposal of townhomes.

But I have to temper my excitement w/ anything involving TNS at this point.

Edit: Adding the string lights to existing alleyways is a nice touch :cheers:

CrestedSaguaro Feb 9, 2022 3:54 PM

Apartments at Central & Columbus
 
The onslaught of Midtown multi-family residential continues.

7 floor (5 wood over 2 concrete) 3 phase development proposed in the lot adjacent to the south of the Meridian Bank Tower.

Project will be built in 3 phases with the parking garage going up first to accommodate the displaced office parking for the parking lot, with phase 2 fronting Central going up next and then the 3rd phase fronting 2nd Ave.

All docs available in my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Zx?usp=sharing


No renderings yet. But here's the ground level context:

https://i.imgur.com/9zAm1Vk.png

muertecaza Feb 9, 2022 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9530257)
The onslaught of Midtown multi-family residential continues.

7 floor (5 wood over 2 concrete) 3 phase development proposed in the lot adjacent to the south of the Meridian Bank Tower.

Project will be built in 3 phases with the parking garage going up first to accommodate the displaced office parking for the parking lot, with phase 2 fronting Central going up next and then the 3rd phase fronting 2nd Ave.

Love it. Give me all the boring apartment complexes to eat up those Midtown parking lots.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Feb 10, 2022 4:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9530257)
The onslaught of Midtown multi-family residential continues.

7 floor (5 wood over 2 concrete) 3 phase development proposed in the lot adjacent to the south of the Meridian Bank Tower.

Project will be built in 3 phases with the parking garage going up first to accommodate the displaced office parking for the parking lot, with phase 2 fronting Central going up next and then the 3rd phase fronting 2nd Ave.

All docs available in my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Zx?usp=sharing


No renderings yet. But here's the ground level context:

https://i.imgur.com/9zAm1Vk.png


Would love to see some retail in this one, although Centra still hasn’t filled up their spot yet, I’m surprised nothing has gone in there yet.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.