SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

azsunsurfer Mar 2, 2023 8:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtownphxguy12 (Post 9880676)
they've been grading for over a week now.

Ok so what is the site across the street from this project that has been cleared?

combusean Mar 2, 2023 9:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azsunsurfer (Post 9880878)
Ok so what is the site across the street from this project that has been cleared?

Haven at Washington, apparently. 14 stories, 407 units.

Strange that at a 14 story building would disappear and get no major coverage but I vaguely remember this one when it was announced. The Houston developer Guefen does not list it on their website however so who knows.

downtownphxguy12 Mar 2, 2023 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azsunsurfer (Post 9880878)
Ok so what is the site across the street from this project that has been cleared?

North West corner of washington and 12 st

Phxguy Mar 2, 2023 9:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 9880894)
Haven at Washington, apparently. 14 stories, 407 units.

Strange that at a 14 story building would disappear and get no major coverage but I vaguely remember this one when it was announced. The Houston developer Guefen does not list it on their website however so who knows.

Sadly, it doesn’t look like it’ll be a 14er anymore—though I hope to be wrong. Current permits say 362 unit, 5-story 3-building complex.

I drive past the site every morning and have watched them steadily remove the debris of the demoed single-story buildings. The density is welcome but the height is underwhelming…

combusean Mar 2, 2023 9:58 PM

The station area looks like it's running out of the 1 - 3 acre sites that typically allow for 5 - 7 story woodframe development. I think if the market advanced concrete/steel midrises look like they could be on the horizon but the Eastlake NIMBYs are reasonably powerful there.

azsunsurfer Mar 3, 2023 6:06 PM

Any of yall got any renderings?

phoenixwillrise Mar 3, 2023 7:05 PM

Would be great.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DUPio (Post 9880531)
That Mayo Clinic expansion is a big, big deal. Having excellent healthcare options is a significant aspect of a thriving metro. This is a top hospital as it is and with the growth will continue to draw in patients from outside of the state and will keep some patients from the area who would otherwise get second opinions from UCLA etc. This will hopefully push University of Arizona/Banner, Creighton, and Barrow to continue to improve. Additionally adding a number of high paying biomedical jobs and developing this in conjunction with ASU is a major step forward and something that doesn't currently exist in the Valley. This can provide a springboard to further development in the Biomedical sphere. This is great for increasing the diversity of the economy. Hopefully it goes through as envisioned.

It would be FANtastic if they would do what was mentioned as a possible and that is have a joint medical degree with ASU and Mayo.

gymratmanaz Mar 6, 2023 7:10 PM

Another silly question....the towers(2) that were being built on the south side of Tempe Town Lake..... abandoned or what?

muertecaza Mar 6, 2023 7:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 9884247)
Another silly question....the towers(2) that were being built on the south side of Tempe Town Lake..... abandoned or what?

If you mean 'The Pier' (https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=44468), it's still moving. It's sort of a running joke in the Tempe thread how slow they are moving, but there's still some progress. The east tower is topped out, and the west tower is at about 14 out of 24 floors. Some cladding just started going up.

A neighboring development, 'South Pier' (https://www.tempe.gov/government/eco...ent/south-pier) just started grading and should be going vertical soon.

locolife Mar 6, 2023 7:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 9884247)
Another silly question....the towers(2) that were being built on the south side of Tempe Town Lake..... abandoned or what?

Nope, just rolling at a snail's pace. It's our perpetual crane for Tempe

gymratmanaz Mar 6, 2023 9:09 PM

Way too funny. Thanks. I could help if they need a hand. LOL!!!!!!

TJPHXskyscraperfan Mar 7, 2023 7:15 AM

Speaking of slow projects. One Camelback has been under construction for about 4 years now. The banners said move ins 2022 but of course that has passed. Anyone know what has taken this project so long?

downtownphxguy12 Mar 7, 2023 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 9884771)
Speaking of slow projects. One Camelback has been under construction for about 4 years now. The banners said move ins 2022 but of course that has passed. Anyone know what has taken this project so long?


From it's website

https://www.onecamelback.com/

it is now rental property. When it started it was condos.

say summer move in. $1800-$8000/mo

Obadno Mar 7, 2023 2:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 9884771)
Speaking of slow projects. One Camelback has been under construction for about 4 years now. The banners said move ins 2022 but of course that has passed. Anyone know what has taken this project so long?

It really hasn't been more than 18 months. it sat empty for a solid2.5 years or so.

Cleve Mar 7, 2023 4:04 PM

Toll Brothers project off 5th Ave and Van Buren looks to be starting... Project wrap around the fencing and clearing going on the lot...

TJPHXskyscraperfan Mar 7, 2023 4:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9884955)
It really hasn't been more than 18 months. it sat empty for a solid2.5 years or so.

They started construction back in 2019, at least the first part, removing the old windows and everything.

ASU Diablo Mar 7, 2023 4:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleve (Post 9885031)
Toll Brothers project off 5th Ave and Van Buren looks to be starting... Project wrap around the fencing and clearing going on the lot...

Good news! :cheers: Hopefully this kicks off additional development on this side of downtown

azsunsurfer Mar 7, 2023 9:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtownphxguy12 (Post 9884842)
From it's website

https://www.onecamelback.com/

it is now rental property. When it started it was condos.

say summer move in. $1800-$8000/mo

We were promised "curated" retail....are we getting curated retail or nah??

Diamonddave Mar 7, 2023 9:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9884955)
It really hasn't been more than 18 months. it sat empty for a solid2.5 years or so.

This project also may be taking awhile due to fact they have to plumb at least one bathroom for each unit.This was once an office building with probably the least amount of fixtures the code allows :shrug:

combusean Mar 7, 2023 10:16 PM

Yeah these condo conversions need a lot of extra piping. Residential needs a lot more water/sewer than office and drilling into the concrete can be problematic in an old building.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.