SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

Nathan Jul 17, 2019 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowgirl (Post 8634758)
Which Brewed Awakening locations closed?

Downtown beside Avenue is one.

cityboy Jul 17, 2019 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowgirl (Post 8634758)
Which Brewed Awakening locations closed?

11th Avenue and Campion College are the ones I'm aware of.

StealthGirl Jul 17, 2019 8:05 PM

Didn't 11th avenue just move into Atlantis?

Stormer Jul 17, 2019 8:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBuild (Post 8634701)
That's going to be awesome. Imagine a future Regina where Sask Drive is lined with pubs and cafe's for before and after game festivities, similar to Clark Street by Wrigley Field in Chicago.

81 regular season games vs 9, so not comparable, although the Brandt Centre, AffinityPlex and Cooperators Centre are all next door.

cityboy Jul 17, 2019 9:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthGirl (Post 8634850)
Didn't 11th avenue just move into Atlantis?

For a while Atlantis had Vic as well as 11th, then Brewed acquired 11th. Then they closed it. Shortly after that they acquired the entire Atlantis business, which was essentially the Vic location.

Udon'tknow Jul 23, 2019 5:46 AM

Bakery

For those of you familiar with Saltine (Farmer's market) they've recently opened a permanent location on Gordon Road. These guys are the best bakery in the city, on par with the former Orange Boot Bakery, and in the same location. They are only open certain days of the week, but if you haven't checked them out I suggest you do if you want some quality bakery eats!

https://www.facebook.com/saltinebakingco/

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c2&oe=5DE7F3DF

Draftsman Aug 20, 2019 12:13 AM

The A&W in the Southland Mall food court closed on Sunday. One of the other food court tenants said it was because the rent was too high.

Considering that malls are not as busy as they once were, maybe it is time for the landlords to adjust the lease rates. The former Robins Donuts closed and nothing has replaced it. The Mediterranean place never materialized, and supposedly there will be a sushi place going there, but again, nothing has materialized. Isn't it better to lower the lease rates and fill your empty units and give existing tenants a chance to make a living?

BrannyMuffin Aug 20, 2019 2:53 AM

Revival Music Room reopens Labour Day weekend and Pile O’ Bones taproom (with food by Malinche) opens tomorrow on Sask Drive and Cameron St.

Stormer Aug 20, 2019 2:40 PM

Has anyone been to the Pile O’ Bones taproom?

PhotoJim Aug 20, 2019 2:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8663646)
Has anyone been to the Pile O’ Bones taproom?

Doesn't open until 11 ;)

bourbonandbranch Aug 20, 2019 3:39 PM

Chopped Leaf

I noticed last night signs on Victoria saying that Chopped Leaf was now open at Aurora. I imagine the other food services there will be opening soon as well.

Drofmab Aug 23, 2019 3:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Udon'tknow (Post 8639179)
For those of you familiar with Saltine (Farmer's market) they've recently opened a permanent location on Gordon Road. These guys are the best bakery in the city, on par with the former Orange Boot Bakery, and in the same location. They are only open certain days of the week, but if you haven't checked them out I suggest you do if you want some quality bakery eats!

...speaking of Brewed Awakening closing locations, this would be another location they closed, if Saltine is actually in the same location as Orange Boot was (Brewed Awakening bought Orange Boot's assets, and used the location as the bakery for their coffee shops around the city).

[EDIT] I see on their FB page that Saltine says they are located next to Brewed Awakening... so I guess BA is still open. Did they cut the bakery, and just focus this location on coffee? Would be weird to have a bakery open next to a bakery. Unless Saltine is related to BA? I'll have to pop by tomorrow.

Dan0myte Aug 23, 2019 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 8666988)
...speaking of Brewed Awakening closing locations, this would be another location they closed, if Saltine is actually in the same location as Orange Boot was (Brewed Awakening bought Orange Boot's assets, and used the location as the bakery for their coffee shops around the city).

[EDIT] I see on their FB page that Saltine says they are located next to Brewed Awakening... so I guess BA is still open. Did they cut the bakery, and just focus this location on coffee? Would be weird to have a bakery open next to a bakery. Unless Saltine is related to BA? I'll have to pop by tomorrow.

The BA Bakery used to be a full service location but then found that making coffee during the day was a distraction to the bakers so they locked their doors to the public and now just concentrate on baking.

Saltine is 'sort of' next to BA, they're on the other side of the mini-mall. The difference being Saltine sells their goods out of their location.

StealthGirl Aug 23, 2019 4:25 PM

Saltine is also available through Brewed one or two days a week.

Drofmab Aug 24, 2019 7:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan0myte (Post 8667131)
The BA Bakery used to be a full service location but then found that making coffee during the day was a distraction to the bakers so they locked their doors to the public and now just concentrate on baking.

Saltine is 'sort of' next to BA, they're on the other side of the mini-mall. The difference being Saltine sells their goods out of their location.

Makes sense, re: BA... when Orange Boot tried to be a bakery & coffee shop, it really messed up customer flow.

We stopped in yesterday, grabbed a bunch of stuff - all excellent. Saltine isn't on the other side of the mini-mall... it's immediately next to BA. In fact, BA's sign extends over Saltine's entire storefront. It's clear once you're inside that they aren't connected, though - but from the outside, I can imagine someone not noticing Saltine, or assuming it's part of BA.

Dan0myte Aug 25, 2019 1:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 8668223)
We stopped in yesterday, grabbed a bunch of stuff - all excellent. Saltine isn't on the other side of the mini-mall... it's immediately next to BA. In fact, BA's sign extends over Saltine's entire storefront. It's clear once you're inside that they aren't connected, though - but from the outside, I can imagine someone not noticing Saltine, or assuming it's part of BA.

Really? OK, I follow their instagram and their outside photos look like it's over farther. I'm mistaken then.

Draftsman Sep 27, 2019 12:52 AM

Swiss Chalet and Harvey's are both closing on October 4th.

Stormer Sep 27, 2019 7:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draftsman (Post 8699573)
Swiss Chalet and Harvey's are both closing on October 4th.

I didn't even know we had these.

PhotoJim Sep 30, 2019 3:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8700338)
I didn't even know we had these.

We had a location on Albert & Gordon, too, but it shut down over a year ago.

Mike328 Nov 19, 2019 2:40 AM

Any rumors on Chili's reopening here ? Been some job posting for hostess, servers and kitchen staff over the last few days.

Seems strange it would come back