SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

biggus diggus Nov 9, 2017 5:59 PM

bad news if downtown phoenix loses the sports teams, or even one of them. they're huge drivers for nightlife and provide a big boon to restaurants and bars in the area.

ASUSunDevil Nov 9, 2017 6:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7981107)
bad news if downtown phoenix loses the sports teams, or even one of them. they're huge drivers for nightlife and provide a big boon to restaurants and bars in the area.

Another stupid assumption presented by Biggus Diggus. :cheers:

TAZ4ate0 Nov 9, 2017 6:30 PM

I think when it's all said and done, the Suns and Dbacks will remain where they are. I'm not sure about the taxpayers picking up a 250mil tab for Talking Stick Arena, not really comfortable with that, but I'm sure a deal can be hashed out. I feel that it would be much easier if we could find a way to bring the Yotes back downtown. Always favored that arrangement. A new joint arena would be fantastic as long as the taxpayer doesn't have to foot the entire bill.

biggus diggus Nov 9, 2017 6:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil (Post 7981153)
Another stupid assumption presented by Biggus Diggus. :cheers:

Tell me what assumption was made. :shrug:

I'm not going to sink to name calling like you're trying to egg me into doing with this post and the other, by the way.

ASUSunDevil Nov 9, 2017 6:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7981174)
Tell me what assumption was made. :shrug:

"if downtown phoenix loses the sports teams, or even one of them"

Have a good day, man.

biggus diggus Nov 9, 2017 6:44 PM

yes, that was in response to the two posts prior suggesting it's a possibility. I didn't say they will or will not go anywhere, I said "if".

And I'm sorry, but what did I do to you exactly that you feel the need to try to pick some silly fight with me?

Obadno Nov 9, 2017 6:58 PM

Hey Everybody, The Suns and Diamondbacks have been here for decades, they aren't going to leave a soon to be top 10 metro in favor of........?

AZ is the center of spring training, why would the Dbacks leave? The Suns have been here since 1967 they aren't going anywhere.

biggus diggus Nov 9, 2017 7:00 PM

I don't think anyone is suggesting they will, there was a hypothetical discussion on the previous page about the suns and diamondbacks not remaining downtown.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 9, 2017 7:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7981204)
Hey Everybody, The Suns and Diamondbacks have been here for decades, they aren't going to leave a soon to be top 10 metro in favor of........?

AZ is the center of spring training, why would the Dbacks leave? The Suns have been here since 1967 they aren't going anywhere.

They won't leave the metro. But they could easily leave Downtown for the tribe if they ponied up a new stadium or arena. I'd hate to see that happen. And that's a very real possibility if they don't get their renovations.

TAZ4ate0 Nov 9, 2017 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7981204)

That is what I just said indirectly.

TAZ4ate0 Nov 9, 2017 7:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7981215)
They won't leave the metro. But they could easily leave Downtown for the tribe if they ponied up a new stadium or arena. I'd hate to see that happen. And that's a very real possibility if they don't get their renovations.

They could, but not likely. On both accounts.

Classical in Phoenix Nov 9, 2017 10:05 PM

I was just bringing up that all three are in some type of stadium dispute, and the worst case scenario would be that they all three leave. I don't think they will, just one of the things I lay in bed worrying about, lol.

ASU Diablo Nov 10, 2017 3:42 PM

City subcommittee recommends approving Knipe House sale

Updates on Knipe House RFP.

https://downtowndevil.com/2017/11/10...pe-house-sale/

Quote:

The buyer, True North LLC, is planning on creating a mixed-use commercial and residential space. This would include a 19-story office building, two five-story buildings for multifamily housing and commercial use, and over 1,200 parking spaces.

“They’ve proposed some gardening within that landscaped area in the right-of-way, along one of the sides of the buildings,” he said. “It’s a vertical farming concept. So it looks very interesting. We’re excited to see how that works.”
That's a crap load of parking spaces...hopefully most of the garage is hidden/wrapped or majority of parking build into underground/podium of the 19-story building.

Ballister Nov 10, 2017 3:51 PM

And, if my uncle had tits, he'd be my aunt. They're not leaving. Next topic. :uhh:

ASUSunDevil Nov 10, 2017 8:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airomero83 (Post 7982084)
That's a crap load of parking spaces...hopefully most of the garage is hidden/wrapped or majority of parking build into underground/podium of the 19-story building.

That's a ton of parking for sure, but it could definitely come in handy on First Friday's and big Hance Park events.

If the office portion is built to attract tech, I could see 19 stories getting built there. No way attorneys, bankers etc. will want to hang with hipsters at The Dressing Room on their lunch break.

If it gets built, hopefully the garage is well hidden like you said. I'm sure the turds that want Roosevelt Row to remain dirty will love this project :notacrook:

exit2lef Nov 10, 2017 8:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airomero83 (Post 7982084)
Updates on Knipe House RFP.

https://downtowndevil.com/2017/11/10...pe-house-sale/

Way too much parking. I believe True North is linked to Monorchid, whose owner has called for more parking in this area while at the same time advocating the elimination of street parking along the north side of Roosevelt as part of the recent streetscape project here. There's a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes a city work when on-street parking is being removed while more off-street parking is being proposed.

combusean Nov 10, 2017 9:15 PM

^ This project is not happening. Don't worry.

soled Nov 10, 2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballister (Post 7982097)
And, if my uncle had tits, he'd be my aunt. They're not leaving. Next topic. :uhh:

In this day and age, not necessarily.

Phxguy Nov 11, 2017 4:02 AM

A brief commentary on tonight...

Liquor license is in the empty ground-floor unit of the Hanny's building for a bar named M.O.B Social Club. Surprised to see nothing has popped into that building as it's centrally located.

Work being done where the Foccacia restaurant in the Heard building was, not sure what though. Could it be a shop or restaurant?

Downtown Deli is moving along. Same with Centrico at San Carlos and Genuwine Arizona bar at Union Roosevelt. Pending liquor license for the corner (and third/final) retail unit of Union. Could be the cocktail lounge which was mentioned in an article.

I feel downtown is being overrun by homeless now, IMO. Could be the weather being nicer, but it seems I'm noticing more encampments being setup on corners and people sprawling out on the pavement. Overall, I'm afraid of Phx becoming like Seattle or Portland in terms of the volume of homeless to everyday pedestrians.

Phxguy Nov 11, 2017 4:25 PM

The ficus' at Renaissance Square have been chopped down to be replaced by some voluptuous palm trees. Seems they were so eager to get rid of them, only yesterday was there a petition pushing for awareness on the matter. Oh well Phoenix...sometimes you inch forward...and other times you do back flips and land on your ass.