SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | 465 North Park | 535 FT | 48 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224901)

RobertMugabe Jul 18, 2018 2:19 AM

I think this building could've been really nice with about 15 more floors on the taller ellipse. As it is, it's solid 7/10 filler ( even with the fugly balconies).

jc5680 Jul 18, 2018 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryc (Post 8250838)
July 6



I think a lot here were giving the base a pass because it is at least somewhat faced in active uses. But, man, the cladding is monotonous in a way that doesn't really look any better than a run of the mill parking podium.

KWillChicago Jul 18, 2018 4:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertMugabe (Post 8254243)
I think this building could've been really nice with about 15 more floors on the taller ellipse. As it is, it's solid 7/10 filler ( even with the fugly balconies).

Agreed. It looks unfinished from a distance.

left of center Jul 18, 2018 7:48 PM

Yeah, the proportions just look.... off.

BVictor1 Jul 21, 2018 8:21 AM

07/20/18

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...260349/enhance

KWillChicago Jul 21, 2018 11:45 AM

^Well there's our answer.

the urban politician Jul 21, 2018 12:50 PM

Love the lighting on top.

It’s a stumpy building, but it more than makes up for it by filling in a major gap in the cityscape, having liner units, and retail

Kumdogmillionaire Jul 21, 2018 4:14 PM

I really do think we need more buildings that light up along the crown so this will be a nice addition to the Streeterville skyline, specifically at night

left of center Jul 21, 2018 6:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire (Post 8257676)
I really do think we need more buildings that light up along the crown so this will be a nice addition to the Streeterville skyline, specifically at night

I'm definitely in favor of lighting up the skyline a lot more than we have been, although there is a lot of push back from light pollution and ornithological groups on that issue.

Either way, the lit up crown looks great. Makes an otherwise decent filler building a bit more attractive to the eye.

KWillChicago Jul 21, 2018 6:25 PM

The crown jewel of all crown lighting would have been Riverpoint. I still dont understand why they didnt do anything.

Halsted & Villagio Jul 22, 2018 1:11 PM

^ Totally agree. I was thinking the same thing. That crown looks like it was made to be lit up... and it would have been a great punctuation mark to that location.

maru2501 Jul 22, 2018 3:31 PM

is that purple or just the photo?

Suiram Jul 24, 2018 7:41 PM

Saw this at about 5 or 6 pm the other day from Mcclurg and Ogden Slip, it actually looks pretty damn good in the fading light and definitely stands out with some many generic rectangular towers around.

People can question proportions or some other details, but it should end up as a good addition.

They've also started opening the sidewalk (before closing it the next day usually) and its a nice change for the walk to Columbus. With a cafe in the front space and a funded refurbishment of the park space, it will all be good for Streeterville.

harryc Aug 19, 2018 4:00 PM

Aug 18










BonoboZill4 Aug 19, 2018 4:23 PM

Are they still going to renovate the park across from the site, or is that no longer apart of the deal?

kolchak Aug 19, 2018 10:23 PM

Now this is the way to conceal parking. Well done. One South Halsted not so much.

Suiram Sep 2, 2018 5:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8286252)
Are they still going to renovate the park across from the site, or is that no longer apart of the deal?

Others have said its a requirement of the developer. But if they arent obligated to fund that until they open, they are probably not rushing. The city cancelled their own redevelopment effort, so would assume they are confident 465 is handling it.

Should make a big difference on that corner

BonoboZill4 Sep 3, 2018 5:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suiram (Post 8301401)
Others have said its a requirement of the developer. But if they arent obligated to fund that until they open, they are probably not rushing. The city cancelled their own redevelopment effort, so would assume they are confident 465 is handling it.

Should make a big difference on that corner

Good to know!

PittsburghPA Sep 16, 2018 8:09 AM

forgive the blurriness but this one looks ready to open.
https://i.imgur.com/Q4Kn3jH.jpg

2PRUROCKS! Sep 16, 2018 2:56 PM

Is the crown finished on this? It doesn't match the renderings and looks unfinished.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.