SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | Salesforce Tower | 850 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217949)

takascar Apr 29, 2023 5:07 PM

Tenants Yet?
 
Looks like they have some office furniture on some of the floors.

Are there any tenants occupying the building yet?

The Pimp May 1, 2023 12:57 PM

The developer should have stayed with the spire as part of the design.

gandalf612 May 3, 2023 6:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takascar (Post 9931830)
Looks like they have some office furniture on some of the floors.

Are there any tenants occupying the building yet?

My friend works for Salesforce and they moved in yesterday.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...21cd8472_b.jpghttps://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...e94fb55f_b.jpg

BVictor1 May 3, 2023 11:57 AM

^I saw a party happening yesterday.

KWillChicago May 3, 2023 12:27 PM

Goddamn, that view down the river would be well worth whatever the lease price is.

Steely Dan May 3, 2023 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWillChicago (Post 9934782)
Goddamn, that view down the river would be well worth whatever the lease price is.

But the true cost is that it used to be Jarta''s view.

Which reminds me, I wonder how the save wolf point group is doing these days.


Ahhh, too soon?

;)

r18tdi May 3, 2023 2:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 9934792)
But the true cost is that it used to be Jarta''s view.

Which reminds me, I wonder how the save wolf point group is doing these days.


Ahhh, too soon?

;)

Holy shit. Thanks for the laughs. :cheers:

Tom In Chicago May 3, 2023 2:41 PM

^Thank you for the jab. . . I needed that today. . . fuck that guy! :haha:

. . .

left of center May 3, 2023 5:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 9934792)
But the true cost is that it used to be Jarta''s view.

Which reminds me, I wonder how the save wolf point group is doing these days.


Ahhh, too soon?

;)

They merged with the FOTP "Save the Parking Lot" group, since they both had common interests in preserving paved car storage surfaces in the city. :haha:

SamInTheLoop May 3, 2023 9:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 9934792)
But the true cost is that it used to be Jarta''s view.


Some things are indeed priceless.

dropdeaded209 May 30, 2023 5:14 PM

From last week:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...9539a7a2_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...daeb8d24_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...5e9488de_h.jpg

ardecila Jun 1, 2023 3:31 PM

Man, Wolf Point East just nailed the elegant wedding-cake form, and then Salesforce came along and ruined it.

You can very clearly tell Salesforce is a chunky office box. They didn't do enough setbacks to break up the massing, so it just reads like lipstick on a pig. There's no horizontal banding in the facade system, no loggia spaces halfway up the tower.

The redeeming parts of Salesforce are they kept the scalloped crown, and it meets the ground pretty nicely. That last part is no small thing either, the base of this tower is visible in a 360 degree sweep all around the confluence so the base could not have a "bad side" and it really doesn't. 50 floors of basic boring curtainwall on the shaft of the tower are balanced out by an explosion of richness and complexity at the base.

SolarWind Jun 25, 2023 7:19 AM

June 20, 2023


pianowizard Jun 29, 2023 7:11 PM

CTBUH indicates Salesforce Tower as being completed:

https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/bui...ce-tower/14276

nomarandlee Jun 29, 2023 7:59 PM

The landing out front really needs a fountain or a signature art piece. There have to be plans in the works before too long, right?

bhawk66 Jun 30, 2023 12:23 AM

It's the Kennedy's s, I wouldn't hold my breath

streetline Jul 5, 2023 12:13 AM

As of today the parklet and the new river walk section in front of the tower are open, although the Wolf Point West tower still has part of their river walk blocked off so you have to take the stairs back up rather than continuing to Kinzie at the west end.

Overall, I like it.

The little circular park at street level is nice, and interestingly dual-sided with benches facing both inward and outward a few steps lower.

The area with the civic device where there was originally going to be a fountain feels a bit bare, but perhaps they'll find a way to make it work as a space for indoor-outdoor events.

And the wood paneling on the underside of the tower's overhangs warms it up a tiny bit and matches similar details on Wolf Point East.

SolarWind Aug 6, 2023 7:36 AM

July 27, 2023






























Drcastro Aug 6, 2023 3:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetline (Post 9984563)
As of today the parklet and the new river walk section in front of the tower are open, although the Wolf Point West tower still has part of their river walk blocked off so you have to take the stairs back up rather than continuing to Kinzie at the west end.

Overall, I like it.

The little circular park at street level is nice, and interestingly dual-sided with benches facing both inward and outward a few steps lower.

The area with the civic device where there was originally going to be a fountain feels a bit bare, but perhaps they'll find a way to make it work as a space for indoor-outdoor events.

And the wood paneling on the underside of the tower's overhangs warms it up a tiny bit and matches similar details on Wolf Point East.

What is a “civic device”?

southoftheloop Aug 6, 2023 3:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolarWind (Post 10008121)
July 27, 2023




This is the very point of the confluence, and this is what they come up with? Disappointing


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.