SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Salesforce Tower | 850 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217949)

Kumdogmillionaire Jan 5, 2020 3:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghPA (Post 8790507)
My apologies for the bad info. There must have been some unintentional misinformation from my buddy. He usually is spot on with his stuff. Makes perfect sense the foundation permit needs to be issued. Either way they are locking up subs and Walsh has been secured so we'll definitely be seeing this one rise this year which I'm excited about!

Lol, don't apologize for bad info... I had a guy(within the know) who was certain that 1000M was dead last October, so I relayed the info here, and now I've got egg's benedict over my face because of him. You're only off by a month

harryc Jan 5, 2020 1:17 PM

Jan 2

All the materials will need to come in through this tunnel - or by barge.

Skyguy_7 Jan 5, 2020 6:36 PM

^That makes this site all the more interesting. The mat pour will be a sight to behold. Please let there be concrete trucks on a barge! :haha:

Chi-Sky21 Jan 5, 2020 9:39 PM

Is that even tall enough for cement trucks to get through?

dweeprise Jan 6, 2020 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghPA (Post 8790507)
My apologies for the bad info. There must have been some unintentional misinformation from my buddy. He usually is spot on with his stuff. Makes perfect sense the foundation permit needs to be issued. Either way they are locking up subs and Walsh has been secured so we'll definitely be seeing this one rise this year which I'm excited about!

It's no big deal. It's common for contractors to think they're closer than they actually are from a permit. They don't always grasp exactly how much hurdles they have to go through on any given permit process. Further, a given permit application is always at the mercy of city employees. That is, unless the developer is buddies with the Commissioner, alderman, or connected to anyone who can help reviewers do their jobs faster.

bnk Feb 6, 2020 3:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 (Post 8791023)
^That makes this site all the more interesting. The mat pour will be a sight to behold. Please let there be concrete trucks on a barge! :haha:

I'm pretty sure that has been done before.

There were also massive in the past cranes set up on modular barges before.

In the last few years alone.

Skyguy_7 Feb 6, 2020 1:36 PM

^You must be referring to "Big Red" at 110 N Wacker and 150 N Riverside.

I don't believe concrete trucks on a barge have been done before. That remark was tongue in cheek. Concrete expires when it's been circulating in a truck for too long.

Donnie77 Feb 6, 2020 1:41 PM

I foresee another temporary bridge being used like WPE

harryc Feb 6, 2020 3:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie77 (Post 8822720)
I foresee another temporary bridge being used like WPE

They were pretty firm that the "tunnel" will be able to handle all the road traffic.

Chicag0 Feb 6, 2020 9:38 PM

Groundbreaking is 6/1. Foundation complete 3/1/2021

HomrQT Feb 6, 2020 9:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicag0 (Post 8823346)

If this is official information, then that's one heck of a first post. Welcome to the forum btw.

Steely Dan Feb 6, 2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

bummer, there goes the Q1 start we've heard so much about, if true.

oh well, what's another handful of months in the grand scheme of things.

welcome to the forum!

KWillChicago Feb 6, 2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

I'm ok with this if its true. Just extends the boom we got going. Still got One chicago and 1000M to watch until then. Nema 2....lets a get a going.

rivernorthlurker Feb 6, 2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

9 months for foundation? 110 N Wacker went from first drill in ground to mat pour in ~ 4 months. Any insight on why such a long timetable?

skysoar Feb 7, 2020 2:07 AM

If groundbreaking for Salesforce is true for 6/1 20, It may be a little belated, but still good news.

jc5680 Feb 7, 2020 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker (Post 8823466)
9 months for foundation? 110 N Wacker went from first drill in ground to mat pour in ~ 4 months. Any insight on why such a long timetable?

SSP is organized around some definitions, but they don't always line up exactly with construction/developer co's definitions. Ground breaking could mean anything from case rigs to a handful of suits showing up for nothing more than a photo opp.

Either way, WPE would be a better analog given the similar site constraints and structure. That was like 10 months from case rigs arriving to the core hitting street level.

bgsrand Feb 7, 2020 5:11 PM

Assuming this will be steel construction then it will offer some nice variety over the concrete work we've seen thus far.

PittsburghPA Feb 7, 2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgsrand (Post 8824253)
Assuming this will be steel construction then it will offer some nice variety over the concrete work we've seen thus far.

The tower will be steel

Steely Dan Feb 7, 2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghPA (Post 8824752)
The tower will be steel

but i'm assuming with a concrete core, right?

just like every single other large scale office tower that's been built in our city for the past quarter century.

does anyone know when the last major office tower (>400'), that didn't have a steel frame/concrete core composite structure, was built in chicago?

PittsburghPA Feb 7, 2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8824764)
but i'm assuming with a concrete core, right?

Concrete Caissons and Piles, Concrete Pad, Concrete Core, Steel Frame, Steel Decking with Concrete Floors, Glass Curtain Wall.

Should be similar process to what we saw at 110 N Wacker.