SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | NEMA Chicago | 896 FT | 81 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218570)

SolarWind Aug 29, 2017 5:21 PM

August 28, 2017








Kumdogmillionaire Aug 29, 2017 5:41 PM

The building is close to the first setback. We thought it was flying so far, but this baby is about to soar...

harryc Aug 29, 2017 11:20 PM

Aug 23





KWILLSKYLINE Aug 29, 2017 11:42 PM

Is that rebar for columns sticking out of the ground in the parking portion new? Or has that always been there?

BVictor1 Sep 1, 2017 4:51 PM

Tower sections of crane are on site. Don't know if that's to jump the current crane or for the second one that's supposed to appear.

ChickeNES Sep 1, 2017 7:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7909623)
Tower sections of crane are on site. Don't know if that's to jump the current crane or for the second one that's supposed to appear.

Second crane:
Quote:

August 24, 2017 - 1200 S. Indiana Ave: INSTALL FREE STANDING PECCO SN 160 TOWER CRANE(12 HP14X89 FOUNDATION PILES PERMITTED SEPARATELY, PERMIT # 100715021)

kolchak Sep 1, 2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryc (Post 7906936)


Boy either I'm a lazy reader or a little dense but I just realized the first setback aligns with the row of buildings on Indiana. Although it will be subtle because it's on the other side its still really great - architecture that fits and enhances surrounding buildings.

kolchak Sep 1, 2017 10:44 PM

I just hope it's not as white as the model...

BVictor1 Sep 2, 2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickeNES (Post 7909730)
Second crane:

Was for both...

Tower crane has been jumped and a mobile crane has been erected.

HomrQT Sep 2, 2017 11:31 PM

As the building rises and the layout of the building gets smaller the higher up you go, does floor construction pick up the pace, or do they reduce the amount of workers on the building as it rises?

Joe Zekas Sep 3, 2017 3:37 AM

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4399/...551f7b24_h.jpg

One Grant Park, 76-story, 800-unit apartment tower

by YoChicago, on Flickr

harryc Sep 3, 2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomrQT (Post 7910496)
As the building rises and the layout of the building gets smaller the higher up you go, does floor construction pick up the pace, or do they reduce the amount of workers on the building as it rises?

The limit on speed is how long it takes a newly poured floor to set enough to start the one above.

aaron38 Sep 3, 2017 6:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolchak (Post 7909906)
Boy either I'm a lazy reader or a little dense but I just realized the first setback aligns with the row of buildings on Indiana. Although it will be subtle because it's on the other side its still really great - architecture that fits and enhances surrounding buildings.

The first setback is on the west side. According to the renderings they still have many more floors to go along Indiana before the first eastern setback.
I don't think they've reached the west side setback yet.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Xqp.../vinoly3.0.jpg

kolchak Sep 3, 2017 6:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron38 (Post 7910799)
The first setback is on the west side. According to the renderings they still have many more floors to go along Indiana before the first eastern setback.
I don't think they've reached the west side setback yet.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Xqp.../vinoly3.0.jpg

The west facing setback was the one I was referring to - from some angles the row of buildings down Indiana will have visual reference to this. Though it's subtle. I think they are just about there no?

aaron38 Sep 3, 2017 6:58 PM

Oh, I thought you meant setbacks along Indiana.

aaron38 Sep 4, 2017 10:30 PM

I drove to Midway today via 90 to 55 to give an excuse to see the skyline.
After the tower crane jump it is sticking up nicely and very visible. That is going to be a solid wall along Roosevelt.

left of center Sep 4, 2017 10:36 PM

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around how tall this tower is going to be. OMP already looks massive when looking at it from the south end of Grant Park, simply because it is so much taller than its surroundings (sans OMPW). GP1 is going to completely change the feel of the area entirely. Very exciting!

KWILLSKYLINE Sep 5, 2017 1:00 AM

As much as I want twin tower design for tower four, I still cant help but love the design of the original tower 3. I hope they use that design somewhere else. Maybe gold coast?

KWILLSKYLINE Sep 5, 2017 1:15 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...9a0HBX6aE2HfM:

Anyone see this? Same architect?

marothisu Sep 6, 2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWILLSKYLINE (Post 7911523)

No, the architect is Atkins. Cool looking building though nothing too amazingly out there for Asian skyscraper standards


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.