SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

PHXFlyer11 Jan 22, 2017 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7686080)
I posted a while back that Derby submitted an FAA obstruction evaluation showing work starting sometime in Febuary. Also, they have now have a website up. The website clarifies they are breaking ground soon with a completion at the end of 2018. Not sure why this would not be built when they have been approved for a GPLET and with Transwestern at the helm. Transwestern has a pretty high track record of completing proposed projects.

http://www.derbyapts.com/


Check out the latest rendering!
http://res.cloudinary.com/hrscywv4p/...346_xz5gt7.png

Looks amazing. You are correct, I forgot you posted the FAA app news. Is there still a legal dispute with Angel's Trumpet?

I know it's a pipe dream, but I wish they'd come to terms and have a ground floor retail and patio element for Angel's Trumpet that would allow them to move into the building and preserve their skyline view while also putting the current property up for sale and redevelopment. It would be a win-win like Macayos is midtown. I realize though that it's probably gone too far and there is too much animosity to even have the conversation.

Okay, so if there is no legal dispute pending then there is an excellent chance of both The Derby and The Stewart breaking ground this year.

ASU Diablo Jan 22, 2017 9:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 7685791)
If we assume the building currently occupied by the MariSol Federal Credit Union is demolished. Do we know if this proposal includes that land?

Not sure if related but I went to check out the new 3 Leches Cafe on Roosevelt and what do I see across the street? An empty lot on 16th Ave and Roosevelt/Grand with a sign saying "Future Home of Marisol Credit Union".

exit2lef Jan 23, 2017 3:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airomero83 (Post 7686330)
Not sure if related but I went to check out the new 3 Leches Cafe on Roosevelt and what do I see across the street? An empty lot on 16th Ave and Roosevelt/Grand with a sign saying "Future Home of Marisol Credit Union".

Interesting and almost definitely related. The current MariSol building is nothing special from an architectural point of view, although it does have a nice mural on the Third Street side. I'm sure there will be some complaints about the loss of that art, although I've always thought murals, no matter how good, should be viewed as temporary.

vwwolfe Jan 23, 2017 3:19 PM

Macayo's on Central has a sign up that they are moving March 1st. Have they even started work yet on converting the new building?

PHXFlyer11 Jan 23, 2017 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwwolfe (Post 7686917)
Macayo's on Central has a sign up that they are moving March 1st. Have they even started work yet on converting the new building?

HAHA, no. I ran by there yesterday and no sign of any work on the new building. I was thinking though what a great save that building is. It is so close to the street the overhang almost hits the street light. It will be a wonderful project when remodeled.

Also, it looks like the West portion of the project at the Camelback & Central light rail station will start demolition very soon. The former shops next to the BMO drive through are fenced off now.

exit2lef Jan 23, 2017 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 7686951)
Also, it looks like the West portion of the project at the Camelback & Central light rail station will start demolition very soon. The former shops next to the BMO drive through are fenced off now.

Do you mean east? The buildings on the west side just south of the tracks have already been demolished.

pbenjamin Jan 23, 2017 4:09 PM

Looks like it may actually be happening.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...article_search

Obadno Jan 23, 2017 5:05 PM

Wow the new Derby rendering looks great!

With the Pierce & 3rd , Portland, Derby, circles we will 4 20+ story buildings extending the downtown skyline all the way to Hance Park.

Awsome!

locolife Jan 23, 2017 5:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7687083)
Wow the new Derby rendering looks great!

With the Pierce & 3rd , Portland, Derby, circles we will 4 20+ story buildings extending the downtown skyline all the way to Hance Park.

Awsome!

Wow, that is awesome, things are looking up!

biggus diggus Jan 23, 2017 9:00 PM

I don't understand these prison-like balconies.

http://i.imgur.com/2yKKjHI.jpg

nickw252 Jan 23, 2017 9:36 PM

Prevent drunk youngsters from falling off?

ASU Diablo Jan 23, 2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbenjamin (Post 7685327)
Has this been discussed here before?



This is from a letter from the City to the Phoenix Elementary School District. They are seeking GPLETs.

Back to topic...is there any more information about this project?? :D

CrestedSaguaro Jan 23, 2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickw252 (Post 7687515)
Prevent drunk youngsters from falling off?

Could it have anything to do with the proximity of the power lines? Not sure, but they are awful close to Union. Maybe a requirement?

biggus diggus Jan 24, 2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickw252 (Post 7687515)
Prevent drunk youngsters from falling off?

I figured a regular waist high barrier could achieve that but I digress.

PHXFlyer11 Jan 24, 2017 1:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7687736)
I figured a regular waist high barrier could achieve that but I digress.

I wonder if they're to act as trellises for vines? (I hope)

biggus diggus Jan 24, 2017 1:47 AM

To remove the chance of having a view?

muertecaza Jan 24, 2017 3:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airomero83 (Post 7687575)
Back to topic...is there any more information about this project?? :D

One other tidbit of information--over the summer there was an initial plan review document filed with the City. It lists Shepley Bulfinch as being involved, and lists 278 units in a "mixed use residential building." I don't know if that's 278 for all three proposed towers, or for one of them.

Obadno Jan 24, 2017 4:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muertecaza (Post 7687906)
One other tidbit of information--over the summer there was an initial plan review document filed with the City. It lists Shepley Bulfinch as being involved, and lists 278 units in a "mixed use residential building." I don't know if that's 278 for all three proposed towers, or for one of them.

278 units isnt enough to produce three high rises, unless highrise means three 4-story buildings (which on that blocks is totall okay with me!)

ASU Diablo Jan 24, 2017 4:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7688384)
278 units isnt enough to produce three high rises, unless highrise means three 4-story buildings (which on that blocks is totall okay with me!)

Sorry but I say we would need more height here and 4-story buildings would be a HUGE disappointment considering Derby will be 19+ stories a block over.

exit2lef Jan 24, 2017 4:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7688384)
278 units isnt enough to produce three high rises, unless highrise means three 4-story buildings (which on that blocks is totall okay with me!)

This could be yet another case of Phoenicians making themselves look provincial by misusing the phrase "high rise" for buildings not tall enough to fit that description.


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.