SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

Vicelord John Feb 7, 2012 10:33 PM

what is it?

PHXguyinOKC Feb 8, 2012 6:53 AM

Ted's Hotdogs > * ketchup, mustard, relish
i also put A1 on steak!!!

gymratmanaz Feb 8, 2012 12:47 PM

A show about making a Broadway show. I watched it last night....really good!

Leo the Dog Feb 8, 2012 5:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXguyinOKC (Post 5581819)
Ted's Hotdogs > * ketchup, mustard, relish
i also put A1 on steak!!!

YES! Their burgers are excellent too.

Ted's on Broadway/McClintock is awesome. If my memory is correct, I believe they're from Buffalo, NY.

phxSUNSfan Feb 8, 2012 5:51 PM

I noticed that construction has begun on the Concorde Eastridge development on Roosevelt...finally! Bulldozers are clearing the site and they are fencing off the area. Hopefully this is the start of more condo/apartment developments on Roosevelt Row (especially if these apartments are leased quickly).

HX_Guy Feb 8, 2012 6:00 PM

Nice! Good news there. :)

PHX31 Feb 8, 2012 7:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phxSUNSfan (Post 5582347)
I noticed that construction has begun on the Concorde Eastridge development on Roosevelt...finally! Bulldozers are clearing the site and they are fencing off the area. Hopefully this is the start of more condo/apartment developments on Roosevelt Row (especially if these apartments are leased quickly).

Nice! I've been waiting for that one. Roosevelt Row would benefit from having the exisiting overhead utility lines buried, hopefully (likely) they will be at least in front of this project.

Vicelord John Feb 8, 2012 7:42 PM

It's actually happening?!

HX_Guy Feb 8, 2012 7:48 PM

Hmm...this is interesting. Obviously it didn't happen, as it should be just about completed by not according to the notes, but I never even knew this was "out there" until now...

Permit# PRRN-1100530 Issue Date 3/3/11 Expires 8/30/11
Permit Description HOTEL MONROE - CONVERSION
Project 07-3712 HOTEL MONROE
Address 15 E MONROE ST PHOENIX AZ 85004-2301 Zoning
L 1 B * HOTEL MONROE QS Q10-28 APN 112-28-133 Dist 08
Description/Scope of Work: PROJECT RENEWAL RESEARCH

DESCRIPTION OF WORK: PLAN REVIEW AND PERMIT RESEARCH TO RENEW PROJECT.

PROJECT NAME: HOTEL MONROE - CONVERSION OF THE EXISTING STRUCTURE AS A 12 STORY HOTEL/OFFICE BUILDING TO A HILTON GARDEN INN HOTEL WITH ROUGHLY 160 ROOMS + 5,000 ST FT OF MEETING SPACE. THE PROJECT IS SCHEDULED FOR COMPLETION IN EARLY 2012.

dtnphx Feb 8, 2012 8:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HX_Guy (Post 5582533)
Hmm...this is interesting. Obviously it didn't happen, as it should be just about completed by not according to the notes, but I never even knew this was "out there" until now...

Permit# PRRN-1100530 Issue Date 3/3/11 Expires 8/30/11
Permit Description HOTEL MONROE - CONVERSION
Project 07-3712 HOTEL MONROE
Address 15 E MONROE ST PHOENIX AZ 85004-2301 Zoning
L 1 B * HOTEL MONROE QS Q10-28 APN 112-28-133 Dist 08
Description/Scope of Work: PROJECT RENEWAL RESEARCH

Maybe it's a typo and should have read early 2013. But it does say project renewal research, so that's something. Hope it's really on this time!

gymratmanaz Feb 8, 2012 8:59 PM

Maybe they will storm the place like that show on ABC, Extreme Home Make-rover? :)

Vicelord John Feb 8, 2012 9:43 PM

would be a disappointment for that to be a HGI

KEVINphx Feb 8, 2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicelord john (Post 5582764)
would be a disappointment for that to be a hgi

+1

HX_Guy Feb 8, 2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicelord John (Post 5582764)
would be a disappointment for that to be a HGI

HGI > abandoned building

Vicelord John Feb 9, 2012 3:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HX_Guy (Post 5582845)
HGI > abandoned building

Meh, I'd rather wait for something good.

HX_Guy Feb 9, 2012 5:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicelord John (Post 5583758)
Meh, I'd rather wait for something good.

And how long would you rather wait for? I would rather take something now that will put people downtown than wait years for *maybe* something good.

Vicelord John Feb 9, 2012 6:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HX_Guy (Post 5584006)
And how long would you rather wait for? I would rather take something now that will put people downtown than wait years for *maybe* something good.

I would wait a long time... I HGI moves in, you can bet there won't be any iconic restaurants (or any for htat matter) in the building, there won't be wine bars in vaults, there won't be period correct rooms, etc.

Nope, nothing cool will come of it, and I'd rather wait 10 years for a kick ass use of that building than to have a low budget hotel to room the dredges of society.

phxSUNSfan Feb 9, 2012 6:28 PM

I agree with VLJohn on this one. I rather a unique botique hotel, like originally planned, go into this historic building. The nice restaurants planned for the "Hotel Monroe" were amazing and the lounge in the vault really different.

nickw252 Feb 9, 2012 6:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HX_Guy (Post 5582845)
HGI > abandoned building

+ 1

Every day the building sits empty it deteriorates more, does not provide tax revenue and does not provide foot traffic.

dtnphx Feb 9, 2012 9:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicelord John (Post 5584045)
I would wait a long time... I HGI moves in, you can bet there won't be any iconic restaurants (or any for htat matter) in the building, there won't be wine bars in vaults, there won't be period correct rooms, etc.

Nope, nothing cool will come of it, and I'd rather wait 10 years for a kick ass use of that building than to have a low budget hotel to room the dredges of society.

Totally disagree. If you go to any big city, there are meh hotel chains in some amazing, iconic buildings. Also, it doesn't mean it will stay in that hotel brand forever.When there are so few great old buildings here (and in this case empty), this is a win. It's like saying the Luhrs Tower is too classy and architecturally significant to have a Subway (it is, but hey). At least there's a tenant....


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.