SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | Riverline | 8 Towers | 600FT - 500FT(X2) - 380FT(X2) - 242FT(X2) - 300FT~ (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221826)

BonoboZill4 Mar 15, 2019 3:48 AM

I'm interested to see how they integrate the naturalistic water features into the riverwalk and connect them into the river.

gebs Mar 15, 2019 1:40 PM

Oh man, I hadn't seen ANY progress shots of Riverline landscaping. I hope this turns out as great as envisioned.

gandalf612 Mar 15, 2019 3:21 PM

I’m glad they’re doing the Riverwalk now rather than in 15 years when all the buildings are complete.

BonoboZill4 Mar 15, 2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf612 (Post 8506842)
I’m glad they’re doing the Riverwalk now rather than in 15 years when all the buildings are complete.

Makes sense when you think about it. Increases the value of the area drastically, and is a great marketing tool for them to get renters + line up their next loan

Hourstrooper Mar 16, 2019 5:59 PM

Quote:

I wish they would start the 2nd tower soon, anyone have any leads on a timeline for the 2nd tower? I haven't gotten anything myself.

chris08876 Mar 16, 2019 7:16 PM

How much square footage are we looking at for the Riverline master plan?

Mr Downtown Mar 17, 2019 3:34 AM

Quote:

Required by the PD. You know, some actual city planning rather than relying on the kindness of developers.

the urban politician Mar 17, 2019 3:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Downtown (Post 8508499)
Required by the PD. You know, some actual city planning rather than relying on the kindness of developers.

You kinda sorta don’t like developers, do ya?

LouisVanDerWright Mar 17, 2019 5:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 8508707)

He has a point that these things tend not to happen as proposed if left to the developers deciding to do it when they are done. If you get a zoning change, you should be required to complete the improvements you promised on a reasonable timeline.

bhawk66 Mar 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 8508707)

Kinda sorta don't blame him. Haha. If you've spent enough time working with developers, you'd know what they're mostly about. Some worse than others, granted, but, 9 out of 10.....

Mr Downtown Mar 17, 2019 9:04 PM

I don't have any particular opinion on developers as a category, but we in the South Loop have certainly gotten burned more than once. I believe in city planning and enforceable agreements. What bothered me about Lincoln Yards was people looking at the pretty renderings rather than the actual wording of the PD.

BonoboZill4 Mar 18, 2019 1:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Downtown (Post 8508971)
I don't have any particular opinion on developers as a category, but we in the South Loop have certainly gotten burned more than once. I believe in city planning and enforceable agreements. What bothered me about Lincoln Yards was people looking at the pretty renderings rather than the actual wording of the PD.

Pretty much where I'm standing now on these mega-developments now. My opinion has evolved greatly over time, since I definitely used to trust those developers more

PittsburghPA Mar 18, 2019 2:13 AM

If I'm looking at this rendering correctly, It looks like the tallest tower will be built above the first section of the river walk. Would they build around the walk or destroy it then rebuild? Seems like it would be a big task to build around it and a waste to destroy it. (I copied this image from the first page of this thread)

http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/w...al-at-dusk.jpg

Mr Downtown Mar 18, 2019 3:50 AM

If and when they get to that point (could well be 15 years from now), they'll close that section of the riverwalk for a few months, and restore anything they had to take out to put in the new foundations and structural members.

ardecila Mar 18, 2019 6:07 AM

Also - this is not directly Riverline related now that the portion south of River City has been broken off into a separate CMK parcel, but I saw recently that a new bridge at Taylor will be one of the infrastructure improvements funded by The 78's TIF district. So that's good...

Mr Downtown Mar 18, 2019 2:44 PM

^Where'd you see that?

Jim in Chicago Mar 18, 2019 3:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardecila (Post 8509274)
Also - this is not directly Riverline related now that the portion south of River City has been broken off into a separate CMK parcel, but I saw recently that a new bridge at Taylor will be one of the infrastructure improvements funded by The 78's TIF district. So that's good...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Downtown (Post 8509466)
^Where'd you see that?

This has been an issue of discussion for years, but I always thought it was a pipe dream. Also very interested in where you saw this!

Ned.B Mar 18, 2019 4:31 PM

Actually still very relevant. The south CMK parcel retained the Riverline name, and I suppose once something happens will still be discussed here. The north part retained by Lendlease that includes the current work is now actually called Southbank.

BonoboZill4 Mar 19, 2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned.B (Post 8509612)
Actually still very relevant. The south CMK parcel retained the Riverline name, and I suppose once something happens will still be discussed here. The north part retained by Lendlease that includes the current work is now actually called Southbank.

Yeah, I'd prefer if the mods keep the discussion of both in this thread for simplicity's sake. Last thing we need is yet another thread to confuse people :haha:

Mr Downtown Mar 19, 2019 12:23 AM

This one should really just be renamed. I suspect CMK—which has an incredible amount of dirt at the moment—may sit on its land until the next cycle.