SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

azliam Mar 10, 2022 3:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9562570)
I agree Met is a big hindrance, but it's really those big blacktop lots between 1st and Central that are creating the largest part of the gap. This may change soon though with two tower developments being proposed. Let's hope this happens! :notacrook:

Yeah, I didn't mention those lots simply because there appears to be opportunities for development there.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 10, 2022 3:49 PM

Speaking of which, it looks like there is a small push to try and save the Phoenix Public Market Cafe from demolition. Although no one is preemptively trying to stop it, Phoenix is asking the developer to consider saving it and incorporating it into any development proposal.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-be-demolished

downtownphxguy12 Mar 10, 2022 4:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9562592)
Speaking of which, it looks like there is a small push to try and save the Phoenix Public Market Cafe from demolition. Although no one is preemptively trying to stop it, Phoenix is asking the developer to consider saving it and incorporating it into any development proposal.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-be-demolished

they could just install shade structures on the parking lot to the south for use on the weekends. or use temp tents like the markets in italy they take down everynight.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 11, 2022 9:59 PM

Apparently, there is a federal investigation under way on the lot at the NE corner of Indian School and Central due to possible buried remains during the active years of the Phoenix Indian School.

This is the lot for the proposed Central Park development. Could be possible why nothing has been done with this development and not sure how this will affect potential future development of the lot if any remains are indeed found.

Pivotal Group who who is the current lot owner is mentioned in the article, but nothing mentioned about their proposal which is probably the proper thing not to discuss at the moment until it's verified if remains are found or not. This also could be why the lot was cleared of vegetation and debris that Obadno had pointed out a couple months ago.

Read full 12 News Article: https://www.12news.com/article/news/...6-262417dcb4bc

PyroD Mar 14, 2022 6:35 PM

This one has flown under the radar a bit. 20 townhomes under construction near 3rd st and Windsor. At the other end of the block from another townhouse project that was shared in here before near 7th st.

https://williamsluxuryhomes.com/sole...nix-townhomes/

ASU Diablo Mar 14, 2022 8:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9562071)
Oh man Derby looks baaad LMAO

jk. But awesome teaser on Chase. My money is on those renderings as well. Therefore, the Apple Store must be real too LOL

I emailed Christine Mackey to see if she could share any more updates on Chase and all she had was that the property owner is currently working through the visioning process.

ChaseM Mar 14, 2022 9:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9566873)
I emailed Christine Mackey to see if she could share any more updates on Chase and all she had was that the property owner is currently working through the visioning process.

Would be cool if the added 3 or 4 floors to the top to help push it to or over 500 ft, sigh… one can dream.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 14, 2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseM (Post 9566980)
Would be cool if the added 3 or 4 floors to the top to help push it to or over 500 ft, sigh… one can dream.

Unfortunately, it's on a 500' limited lot. I suppose they could go the Astra route and request a height variance, but I don't think it would get approved.

The Davis Experience proposal does extend the glass portion up over the top to be even with the concrete penthouse and then extends the vertical slats above the roofline to what appears to be about 500' even. So it would get an increase in height and we would have at least a 500-footer :tup:

https://thedavisexperience.com/proje...wer-renovation

Obadno Mar 14, 2022 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9567026)
Unfortunately, it's on a 500' limited lot. I suppose they could go the Astra route and request a height variance, but I don't think it would get approved.

The Davis Experience proposal does extend the glass portion up over the top to be even with the concrete penthouse and then extends the vertical slats above the roofline to what appears to be about 500' even. So it would get an increase in height and we would have at least a 500-footer :tup:

https://thedavisexperience.com/proje...wer-renovation

You also cant just slap floors on to a a building unless they had designed it for future height. it would be a major project from the foundation all the way up depending on how much weight they expected to add. I can hear the structural and soil engineers screeching from just the thought of it LOL

CrestedSaguaro Mar 14, 2022 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9567082)
You also cant just slap floors on to a a building unless they had designed it for future height. it would be a major project from the foundation all the way up depending on how much weight they expected to add. I can hear the structural and soil engineers screeching from just the thought of it LOL

Correct. I don't think the Davis proposal would be adding an additional floor though. I think it is just a level of mechanical screening being added. That would be very doable without any major backbone work and we can still have our 500-footer...even though it's cheating, lol.

az_daniel Mar 15, 2022 6:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9567095)
Correct. I don't think the Davis proposal would be adding an additional floor though. I think it is just a level of mechanical screening being added. That would be very doable without any major backbone work and we can still have our 500-footer...even though it's cheating, lol.

It will definitely not count towards it's official height, but it will certainly look taller!

CrestedSaguaro Mar 15, 2022 9:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by az_daniel (Post 9567909)
It will definitely not count towards it's official height, but it will certainly look taller!

It would be probable the additional height of the vertical slats and parapet would most likely be joined to the framing of Chase for support. In this case, the added height would count.

gymratmanaz Mar 15, 2022 9:53 PM

So if I missed something, forgive me. How probable is the "Davis Proposal" in reality?

az_daniel Mar 15, 2022 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9568215)
It would be probable the additional height of the vertical slats and parapet would most likely be joined to the framing of Chase for support. In this case, the added height would count.

Well, that depends on your metric. I prefer to measure to roof height, but there are about a dozen reasonable ways to measure them! :D

CrestedSaguaro Mar 15, 2022 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 9568241)
So if I missed something, forgive me. How probable is the "Davis Proposal" in reality?

I'm guessing it's the "vision" Christy Mackey replied about in ASU Diablo's email. And so far, it's the only vision we have found (and I've been looking very hard for more). I guess we'll see how real the owner is about doing this in a year or two. Doubt it happens any time soon though.

IndyAZ Mar 15, 2022 11:09 PM

Got wind of another new high rise coming, but details are very minimal at this point, I will try to find out more. Location is NWC of 1st Street and Pierce (PHX Public Market), hence the pending demo permits. Apparently its in early stages, but will be a design-build project with original team behind Link, and its similar size and shape to Derby (L Shape on Podium), but planned at 29 stories with rooftop pool.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 15, 2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9568384)
Got wind of another new high rise coming, but details are very minimal at this point, I will try to find out more. Location is NWC of 1st Street and Pierce (PHX Public Market), hence the pending demo permits. Apparently its in early stages, but will be a design-build project with original team behind Link, and its similar size and shape to Derby (L Shape on Podium), but planned at 29 stories with rooftop pool.

Did we know this? I coulda swore I had documents on it, but I can't find anything. I may be confusing this with 601 N. Central (over the underground bowling alley).

I swear I'm getting lost on all these proposed developments...and I have a word document, Google Drive and a Development folder on my PC keeping track of all these! :haha:

Soooo...what can you tell us about the Chase renovation? ;)

azliam Mar 15, 2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9568398)
Did we know this? I coulda swore I had documents on it, but I can't find anything. I may be confusing this with 601 N. Central (over the underground bowling alley).

I swear I'm getting lost on all these proposed developments...and I have a word document, Google Drive and a Development folder on my PC keeping track of all these! :haha:

Soooo...what can you tell us about the Chase renovation? ;)

I'm not sure if you did or not, but you made a post about it, maybe the same lot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9545308)
I forgot to mention that yesterday, I saw a for sale sign at 702 N. 1st St. The sign specifies for high-rise development and I suddenly realized that the proposed 601 N. Central and the future development of the Public Market and adjacent buildings were two seperate potential high-rise development blocks. For some reason, I was thinking they were one and the same. I guess I spaced out on that one.

I really hope this all happens. This will really will tie-up all of downtown together with the Roosevelt Row and McKinley developments giving us a much bigger skyline extending towards the north.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 15, 2022 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azliam (Post 9568407)
I'm not sure if you did or not, but you made a post about it, but I don't think it was for the same lot:

Doh! I got busted! I confused these 2 twice! :haha:

azliam Mar 15, 2022 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9568410)
Doh! I got busted! I confused these 2 twice! :haha:

Or is it the same lot IndyAZ is speaking of?