SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlantic Provinces (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [Moncton] Riverview Developments (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198192)

jonny golden Oct 3, 2022 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes (Post 9749460)
Agreed, that shoppers is annoying to get in and out of too. Lawtons is a store that I think would do well in Riverview. I’m also always surprised at the general lack of fast food options in the town. And if you live in the eastern side of town, forget about it, there is ZERO options, not even a Tim Hortons.

Good points considering that the east end of town is growing like crazy. You should have seen the people moving into the new MoeMar apartment building on Oct. 1st. It was crazy! Fortunately Bridgedale Blvd. now makes it a quicker trip up to Finlay Park.

There's so many businesses that would make a killing if they opened up in Riverview.

josh_cat_eyes Oct 5, 2022 6:14 PM

Does there happen to be a CCD card for the construction going on next to the Sobeys in Riverview? I’m curious if it will indeed be a Dollarama

MonctonRad Oct 5, 2022 6:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes (Post 9752226)
Does there happen to be a CCD card for the construction going on next to the Sobeys in Riverview? I’m curious if it will indeed be a Dollarama

Haven't seen a card, but only a select few cards are made viewable to the general public (as a form of advertisement) so that you will subscribe to their service. I also don't check CCD every day, so it might have shown up and been missed.

In any event, the rumour of yet another Dollarama seems solid, and would fit with what we have seen with other Sobeys developments elsewhere in the city.

jonny golden Oct 5, 2022 7:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonctonRad (Post 9752271)
Haven't seen a card, but only a select few cards are made viewable to the general public (as a form of advertisement) so that you will subscribe to their service. I also don't check CCD every day, so it might have shown up and been missed.

In any event, the rumour of yet another Dollarama seems solid, and would fit with what we have seen with other Sobeys developments elsewhere in the city.

Vaughan Harvey & Elmwood have the same configuration, so it certainly looks like they're going to replicate it in Riverview. Those two locations also include a Shoppers Drug Mart in close proximity, so I wonder if we'll ever see the Riverview Shoppers relocate to Findlay Park. I never liked their current location and so I always use the Vaughan Harvey store instead. I think they'd do better in a more desirable location.

josh_cat_eyes Oct 5, 2022 11:41 PM

I drove by the site this afternoon, it looks like the potential dollarama build is going to be built on the corner of the parking lot entrance and Findlay and the construction next to Sobeys looks like a parking lot expansion.

I had mentioned around a year ago that I had heard from a solid source that there was a dollarama was being planned for Riverview within the next 20ish months. We’re now 12ish months later, so this timeline would make sense. It’s very likely they would be eying an early 2023 opening date.

riverviewer Oct 23, 2022 12:00 AM

status of the Suffolk block

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...0245cf7c_c.jpg

jonny golden Oct 23, 2022 12:39 AM

How many apartment buildings are under construction in Riverview currently?

Leroy321 Oct 23, 2022 1:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes (Post 9747382)
I can confirm that there is a Dollarama planned for Riverview, and that area makes the most sense. No idea on the timeline however.

I was talking with someone today that works around the sobeys area and they happen to tell me that on the left side of sobeys there will be a A&W constructed right after they finish the dollarama on the right side of sobeys

Leroy321 Oct 23, 2022 1:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny golden (Post 9769048)
How many apartment buildings are under construction in Riverview currently?

Right now it’s 4 but I could be wrong

jonny golden Oct 23, 2022 1:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy321 (Post 9769070)
Right now it’s 4 but I could be wrong

Did you count the 12 unit on Hillsborough Rd. just past the bridge on the right hand side of the road?

Leroy321 Oct 23, 2022 2:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny golden (Post 9769079)
Did you count the 12 unit on Hillsborough Rd. just past the bridge on the right hand side of the road?

Make that 5

josh_cat_eyes Oct 23, 2022 2:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy321 (Post 9769066)
I was talking with someone today that works around the sobeys area and they happen to tell me that on the left side of sobeys there will be a A&W constructed right after they finish the dollarama on the right side of sobeys

Ahh interesting, it appears that something is being built in the corner of the parking lot. I would bet that this is going to be the A&W. Crombie must have a good working relationship with Dollarama and A&W as this will make several sites around with Sobeys, Dollarama, A&W and NBLC as well. Canadian Tire is adjacent to a lot of Sobeys as well, Oromocto, West Side Saint John, Charlottetown, Miramichi, Riverview, Shediac, Sussex & Truro and that’s just off the top of my head.

MonctonRad Oct 23, 2022 2:39 AM

:previous:

Indeed. This will make the Sobeys plaza in Findlay Park a virtual clone of the plaza on Elmwood Drive.

It will be good to see an A&W on the south side of the river. Burger King should look for opportunities in Riverview too (like on the SE corner of Findlay & Pinewood).

jonny golden Oct 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonctonRad (Post 9769094)

Indeed. This will make the Sobeys plaza in Findlay Park a virtual clone of the plaza on Elmwood Drive.

It will be good to see an A&W on the south side of the river. Burger King should look for opportunities in Riverview too (like on the SE corner of Findlay & Pinewood).

With the High School near by, they'd make a killing. You'd have to think that A & W aren't the only ones looking at Riverview, so maybe we will see a Burger King at some point.

jonny golden Oct 23, 2022 12:35 PM

I just keep wondering in the back of my mind, will we see a Walmart in Riverview some day? I think they'd do very well in Findlay Park!

josh_cat_eyes Oct 23, 2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonctonRad (Post 9769094)

Yeah I’d love to see a BK in Riverview! That would be an excellent location as well. Anywhere along the south side of Pinewood over to the Home Hardware would be a good fit.

riverviewer Oct 23, 2022 7:35 PM

status of the Cleveland block behind Scotiabank.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...d828a4ec_c.jpg[

MaritimerJAB Oct 23, 2022 7:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny golden (Post 9769195)
I just keep wondering in the back of my mind, will we see a Walmart in Riverview some day? I think they'd do very well in Findlay Park!

They no longer do market stores. The supercentres they construct now typically target off major roadways. The company is more focused on growing its existing fleet vs adding more. Riverview is some time away from meeting the standard.

jonny golden Oct 23, 2022 8:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimerJAB (Post 9769480)
They no longer do market stores. The supercentres they construct now typically target off major roadways. The company is more focused on growing its existing fleet vs adding more. Riverview is some time away from meeting the standard.

That being the case then, I can't see them opening up in Riverview. Unless at some point in the future they change their strategy.

drewber Oct 23, 2022 9:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimerJAB (Post 9769480)

Riverview where Kent is right now isn't much further off wheeler blvd than Walmart Plaza is right now. Assuming Kent closes that store Walmart could open shop there.