SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | Salesforce Tower | 850 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217949)

LouisVanDerWright Dec 27, 2016 10:37 PM

God WPW is a handsome devil. Already overshadowed by 150 and 444, going to be totally lost in the thick of it all once it's breathern at WP go up. Let's enjoy the views now before it goes away.

rlw777 Mar 8, 2017 2:39 PM

Kennedys seek buyer for Wolf Point apartment tower from Crain's

Quote:

The developers are selling the building mainly to focus on their next project on the site, a 66-story, $360-million tower called Wolf Point East, said Greg Van Schaack, senior managing director in the Chicago office of Houston-based Hines. They've almost lined up their construction financing for that high-rise, which will have 707 apartments, and plan to break ground in May, he said.

KWILLSKYLINE Mar 8, 2017 3:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlw777 (Post 7733900)

Helllllllll Yeahhhh!!!! please tell me this isn't an early april fools joke.

BVictor1 Mar 8, 2017 4:14 PM

It'll be interesting to see if the Kennedy's hold on to the land beneath the tower.

Notyrview Mar 8, 2017 4:25 PM

Yassssssss :ohyeah

Chi-Sky21 Mar 8, 2017 5:06 PM

If they are going to cram all these units into that area are they planning to upgrade the road (Mart Center Dr) there? I was over there not long ago and that road is a clusterfuck. It is not wide enough to support 1 or 2 more towers in my opinion. It is jammed up now with cabs waiting and or picking up people. Hard to make the U turn to get to that garage there too.

BVictor1 Mar 9, 2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 (Post 7734058)
If they are going to cram all these units into that area are they planning to upgrade the road (Mart Center Dr) there? I was over there not long ago and that road is a clusterfuck. It is not wide enough to support 1 or 2 more towers in my opinion. It is jammed up now with cabs waiting and or picking up people. Hard to make the U turn to get to that garage there too.

Upgrade it how? It really can't be widened.

It's going to have to support what's been approved.

Notyrview Mar 9, 2017 2:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 (Post 7734058)

take the subway or move to the burbs. lazy.

Chi-Sky21 Mar 9, 2017 4:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7734604)
Upgrade it how? It really can't be widened.

It's going to have to support what's been approved.

Not sure, is there garage access from underneath there? I didn't see any when i parked there. If that is where people living there are going to park I would have started with that. New rules fro the cabs there....maybe they cant Q up on that section. All i am saying is it was really bad with just what is there now. I guess it is good they don't have much parking there for the units...cause it will really be congested. Oh well...not much they can do now.

BVictor1 Mar 9, 2017 4:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 (Post 7735124)
Not sure, is there garage access from underneath there? I didn't see any when i parked there. If that is where people living there are going to park I would have started with that. New rules fro the cabs there....maybe they cant Q up on that section. All i am saying is it was really bad with just what is there now. I guess it is good they don't have much parking there for the units...cause it will really be congested. Oh well...not much they can do now.

There's a hotel there, so having a cab queue there is somewhat needed. It is what it is.

rlw777 Mar 9, 2017 5:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 (Post 7735124)

There is the possibility of lower level access.

harryc Apr 14, 2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7772892)
^I think there were shooting a Red Bull commercial.

Cubs players hitting balls out into the river - quite a crowd for a cold and windy day. (April 11)

Skyguy_7 Apr 14, 2017 1:52 PM

Great pics Harry! That was Kris Bryant taking BP for a RedBull event. Pretty cool backdrop.

KWILLSKYLINE Apr 14, 2017 3:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 (Post 7773163)
Great pics Harry! That was Kris Bryant taking BP for a RedBull event. Pretty cool backdrop.

Not a bad free endorsement for those new office towers either. Not that the really need it.

KevinFromTexas Apr 14, 2017 6:03 PM

So what's the current design on this one? Are they still going with this design?

https://assets.dnainfo.com/photo/201...extralarge.png

Zapatan Apr 14, 2017 6:08 PM

If I'm not mistaken that looks like a new one, and I love it!

Looks to be about 1000 or so to the roof. :)

The Lurker Apr 14, 2017 7:19 PM

That is not a new design. That rendering was revealed last year and represents the final design for the East tower (the one on the right) that is moving forward, but not necessarily the final design for the South tower. The height and programming of the South tower have not yet been determined.

A super tall is not impossible but it has never been the intention of the developers to build one here. We reached that conclusion based on enthusiatic speculation.

I SPECULATE that we end up with something in the low to mid 800' range.

HomrQT Apr 15, 2017 2:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lurker (Post 7773512)
That is not a new design. That rendering was revealed last year and represents the final design for the East tower (the one on the right) that is moving forward, but not necessarily the final design for the South tower. The height and programming of the South tower have not yet been determined.

A super tall is not impossible but it has never been the intention of the developers to build one here. We reached that conclusion based on enthusiatic speculation.

Which would be a shame. I've said it before that Wolf Point would be an incredible stage to show off a supertall. And there's a historical factor there too.. with it being one of the oldest European building sites in the city.

Zapatan Apr 24, 2017 6:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lurker (Post 7773512)

True, but the renderings have constantly shown a 950-1000 foot building. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Zapatan Apr 24, 2017 8:56 PM

Nice angle... but why is the main tower missing in those?