SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

biggus diggus Nov 22, 2021 9:54 PM

Well they're building a self-storage inside the circle, I do know that.

Obadno Nov 22, 2021 11:21 PM

They already anounced some form of redevelopment years ago.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 23, 2021 6:16 PM

Couple of update random updates...

Footprint Center is starting to put up some up the external updates on the façade. This is the view from Jackson. The little squares move in the wind and give it a pretty neat flickering effect.

They are updating the SE corner of Colliers and adding an LED Billboard. It doesn't look like they are adding LED's to the Adeline like it was shown in the renderings we've seen? I wonder if those were scrapped and the LED billboard moved to above the Ainsworth?

CrestedSaguaro Nov 23, 2021 6:28 PM

Also, I forgot to mention that there is new zoning hearing signs at the Phoenic OIC for a lot height increase to 250' for the Blue which I am really confused about. I had thought the height increase had already been approved by city council earlier this year?

Zoning hearing request is Z-TA-2-21-7. Anyone know why there is a second request for a height increase? Did someone push back on this to cause the need for another zoning hearing?

Obadno Nov 23, 2021 6:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9459310)
the Phoenix OIC

NVM I figured it out. Is that still planned for a hotel?

ASU Diablo Nov 23, 2021 6:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9459313)
What is the Phoenix OIC?

Arizona OIC, or Opportunities Industrialization Center. It's where that proposed tower supposed to go up on Jackson

IndyAZ Nov 23, 2021 6:59 PM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...791987a5_o.jpg

Based on this it sounds like it just needs to go through Village Planning Commission formal vote, City Council and FAA are already approved. So just a formality.

biggus diggus Nov 23, 2021 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9459350)
So just a formality.

That's a lot of conjecture for a development that hasn't progressed from it's fact finding that began January of last year.

They very well may build it but I would caution you against counting your chickens before they hatch. :cheers:

IndyAZ Nov 23, 2021 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9459357)
That's a lot of conjecture for a development that hasn't progressed from it's fact finding that began January of last year.

They very well may build it but I would caution you against counting your chickens before they hatch. :cheers:

All I said was the Village Planning Commission vote on height was a formality, I said nothing about permits or the building breaking ground...

biggus diggus Nov 23, 2021 8:17 PM

I read your post with no context because I didn't read every post before it. Forgive me.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 23, 2021 8:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9459357)

From my understanding from the first zoning hearing last year, due to the OIC building having been designated a historic building, they weren't allowed to really do anything it until this January when the conservation easement elapses.

With January coming up, I expect to see permits coming through quickly.

combusean Nov 23, 2021 8:54 PM

Yes. Formality. It's a text amendment, which means they have to update the zoning code itself to represent what they've already approved. The urban form development stuff and the airport zoning height map never anticipated the densities and height that the market are pushing for.

It's ironic because urban form was meant to streamline the zoning code but in fact has slowed many of these new towers down. They could have just had their variances and been done with long ago.

IndyAZ Nov 23, 2021 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9459438)
I read your post with no context because I didn't read every post before it. Forgive me.

No worries, all good!

IndyAZ Nov 23, 2021 11:08 PM

Noticed the Toll Brothers project on Van Buren, named The Henri, submitted for a bunch of permits the end of September including building permit. None of the plan review documents list any major info, but asking around I have been told its a 7-story podium project similar to other ones in the area. KIVA: 17-2129 if you want to look it up. No idea what it looks like, but at least its a decent height if I was told correctly.

Obadno Nov 23, 2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9459629)
Noticed the Toll Brothers project on Van Buren, named The Henri, submitted for a bunch of permits the end of September including building permit. None of the plan review documents list any major info, but asking around I have been told its a 7-story podium project similar to other ones in the area. KIVA: 17-2129 if you want to look it up. No idea what it looks like, but at least its a decent height if I was told correctly.

There was a render for it years ago (like 2017) there have been a few posts that we heard this one will be moving soon like their locations in Midtown

Toll Brothers finally came out guns blazing in the last few years after landbanking around Phoenix for like 20 years

IndyAZ Nov 23, 2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9459635)
There was a render for it years ago (like 2017) there have been a few posts that we heard this one will be moving soon like their locations in Midtown

Toll Brothers finally came out guns blazing in the last few years after landbanking around Phoenix for like 20 years

I know the team at Toll Brothers is brand new and was put in place to get things moving and they hired a new design team and architect, so not sure how much has changed since earlier renditions, but glad to see they are finally doing something with that lot!

TJPHXskyscraperfan Nov 23, 2021 11:49 PM

Anyone been on Google Earth today, the update that happened recently went away for some reason,lol, weird.

Obadno Nov 24, 2021 1:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 9459664)
Anyone been on Google Earth today, the update that happened recently went away for some reason,lol, weird.

The 3D buildings are updated not the satellite imagery

TJPHXskyscraperfan Nov 24, 2021 1:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9459712)
The 3D buildings are updated not the satellite imagery

They had an update of Adeline almost done and for some reason it went back to the last update, the 3D Google Earth.

YourBuddy Nov 24, 2021 2:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 9459735)
They had an update of Adeline almost done and for some reason it went back to the last update, the 3D Google Earth.

Yea I was just looking at it a few days ago, now X is only a handful of floors. Derby, Link 2 hadn’t even started.