SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

CrestedSaguaro Apr 12, 2016 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickw252 (Post 7404522)
More info on the Fry's. kjzz

Two towers with one as residential. This just got a whole lot better! I haven't checked out the Raplh's in LA develoment yet. I hope this is a quality project. So far, it sounds great.

nickw252 Apr 12, 2016 4:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7404716)
Two towers with one as residential. This just got a whole lot better! I haven't checked out the Raplh's in LA develoment yet. I hope this is a quality project. So far, it sounds great.

I agree, unless it turns into another multi-phased project where only part of it gets built...

ASU Diablo Apr 12, 2016 4:22 PM

300 units of residential? How many stories we talking about here?

CrestedSaguaro Apr 12, 2016 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airomero83 (Post 7404764)
300 units of residential? How many stories we talking about here?

Depends on the size of the units and footprint of the tower. Cityscape Residences is 245 units I believe. I would guess 15 or so floors for 300 units.

Obadno Apr 12, 2016 4:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickw252 (Post 7404522)
More info on the Fry's. kjzz

Can we please just get a tower or two in the 30-40 story range?? I mean isn't downtown office vacancy below 20% now? Cant we justify a decent sized tower or two?

PHXFlyer11 Apr 12, 2016 4:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7404790)
Depends on the size of the units and footprint of the tower. Cityscape Residences is 245 units I believe. I would guess 15 or so floors for 300 units.

Keep in mind we might see ground floor retail in this tower and parking below the units.

CrestedSaguaro Apr 12, 2016 6:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7404822)
Can we please just get a tower or two in the 30-40 story range?? I mean isn't downtown office vacancy below 20% now? Cant we justify a decent sized tower or two?

I was mainly quoting about 15 floors for the residential portion. Keeping in mind that the Fry's will have a 15' to 20' ceiling, maybe 5 to 7 floors of office space and possible parking podium, this could end up being over 350' tall. I'll take that.

CrestedSaguaro Apr 12, 2016 6:28 PM

Double post

biggus diggus Apr 12, 2016 7:02 PM

As I alluded to earlier this month there is an installation of a protected crosswalk at Monroe and 7th Street, construction began today.

dtnphx Apr 14, 2016 10:20 PM

Arizona Board of Regents Buys Downtown Phoenix Highrise site for Future Expansion Plans

Might take a bit to open and you can't copy the text otherwise I would have posted it.

http://brewaz.com/hot-news/arizona-b...ure-expansion/

ASUSunDevil Apr 14, 2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtnphx (Post 7408153)
Arizona Board of Regents Buys Downtown Phoenix Highrise site for Future Expansion Plans

Might take a bit to open and you can't copy the text otherwise I would have posted it.

http://brewaz.com/hot-news/arizona-b...ure-expansion/

Well that was one hell of a buy in 2012.

Central Station residential tower would have been perfect there. It's a shame they're still dicking around with the original site, while seemingly getting nowhere.

Not sure how an educational building can get the most out of that lot. Something as impactful as the new Law School would work there, but does ASU have anything else of that magnitude in the works yet? :shrug:

biggus diggus Apr 19, 2016 12:43 PM

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...otes/83003502/

Obadno Apr 19, 2016 3:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7412711)

This should have been announced months ago what the hell is Stanton's office doing?

From what I can tell the plan for the coyotes to move over by ASU is already far along.

CrestedSaguaro Apr 19, 2016 5:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7412915)
This should have been announced months ago what the hell is Stanton's office doing?

From what I can tell the plan for the coyotes to move over by ASU is already far along.

It sounds to me the Coyotes have no idea where they're going to end up. I don't see an announcement in the next 2 weeks. BTW, where would the funding for an arena close to ASU come from? Wouldn't it also be tax payer funded? Why would Phoenix need to put this to a public vote and Tempe not?

ASU Diablo Apr 19, 2016 5:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7413099)
It sounds to me the Coyotes have no idea where they're going to end up. I don't see an announcement in the next 2 weeks. BTW, where would the funding for an arena close to ASU come from? Wouldn't it also be tax payer funded? Why would Phoenix need to put this to a public vote and Tempe not?

Good points. Something else that I don't get is why are the 'Yotes lobbying to get a special "arena district" created to generate tax revenue? If they were going with ASU partnership and built in the Athletic Facilities District, would this be needed? The same applies for arena being built on tribal land, why would it need special legislation? :shrug:

Obadno Apr 19, 2016 7:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7413099)

There is always the possibility that the team is yanking us around and will end up moving to Quebec or Seattle

PHX31 Apr 19, 2016 10:57 PM

If the Coyotes move to downtown Phoenix as part of some City-owned complex or whatever it may be, they need to change their name back to the Phoenix Coyotes. Non-city named teams sound terrible, and I think they hastily changed their name in the first place when the new owners came in and they had the new lease in Glendale. Obviously that didn't work out.

I'd be OK with Phoenix Diamondbacks too, although I think that's an immense long-shot of ever happening.

dtnphx Apr 20, 2016 4:35 PM

Arizona Board of Regents Acquires Land in Downtown

This story alludes to more possibilities for the site including student housing, regular apartments or condos. Nice to see it may not just be ASU space, but a mix perhaps.

http://downtownphoenixjournal.com/20...d-in-downtown/

Obadno Apr 20, 2016 4:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtnphx (Post 7414448)
Arizona Board of Regents Acquires Land in Downtown

This story alludes to more possibilities for the site including student housing, regular apartments or condos. Nice to see it may not just be ASU space, but a mix perhaps.

http://downtownphoenixjournal.com/20...d-in-downtown/

Despite how ugly all the student complexes in Tempe are, I wouldn't mind ASU getting a few to add to density. Someone get Campus communities on the horn and have them build a 20-story like they did on College.

The students at the Downtown campus aren't your typical traditional undergrads, a lot more graduate students and serious students go the downtown campus so the campus apartments wouldn't necessarily be the party-infested crumholes the Tempe ones are.

Of course a little bit of that living atmosphere downtown wouldn't be a bad thing either.:P

phxhbg Apr 20, 2016 4:56 PM

why stop at 20 stories

At one time the building containing the Renaissance was going to be an ASU partner. It was going to be class room/office space with housing up top. I don't think it was quite a new tallest but I believe it was going to be 50 stories which would have been a new record in its own right.

On a side note, with all the light rail expansion there should be less need for parking in these new developments downtown.