SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

Stormer Jun 10, 2015 4:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 7044102)
I think I've mentioned it before, but its really turning into a restaurant alley of sorts. Would be amazing for the city (or the business together) put up a sort of unified look with some patios all going to the planters. Huge potential there for something really special.

Patios on FW Mall:

Beer Bros, Gilmours, Pita Queen, Taste of Tuscany, Good Earth, Fat Badger, Chopped Leaf. Famoso will be opening soon just around the corner.

Number of patios on the Plaza: 0

HomerSPC Jun 10, 2015 2:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7057140)
Patios on FW Mall:

Beer Bros, Gilmours, Pita Queen, Taste of Tuscany, Good Earth, Fat Badger, Chopped Leaf. Famoso will be opening soon just around the corner.

Number of patios on the Plaza: 0

This disappoints me. I was in Berlin two weeks ago, and every restaurant that could had patios. Every one. The weather is no different than it is here, although there are fewer pests, specifically mosquitos.

Stormer Jun 10, 2015 2:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSPC (Post 7057427)
This disappoints me. I was in Berlin two weeks ago, and every restaurant that could had patios. Every one. The weather is no different than it is here, although there are fewer pests, specifically mosquitos.

Well you have to have restaurants before you have patios. At least there are food trucks on the Plaza. There are 3 there so far today.

HomerSPC Jun 10, 2015 2:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7057444)
Well you have to have restaurants before you have patios. At least there are food trucks on the Plaza. There are 3 there so far today.

Wow they start early.

Stormer Jun 17, 2015 4:47 PM

Unfortunately Michi on Scarth has closed. Hopefully another great restaurant replaces it. Michi had great sushi but there was something missing that I can't put my finger on.

It is great location with an existing heated patio.

Famoso is at least 6 weeks from opening, as is Malt City.

HomeInMyShoes Jun 17, 2015 4:55 PM

delete.

HomeInMyShoes Jun 17, 2015 4:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSPC (Post 7057446)
Wow they start early.

Farmers market. They need to be in before the market opens.

That's too bad about Michi. It was a good option. My wife tried Capitol last night with some friends and said it was a decent deal for variety ($20 for a couple of small appetizers and a half-desert). Also said it was very busy. Good to see on a Tuesday. Said the cod cakes were quite good. The salad was okay.

Stormer Jun 22, 2015 5:37 PM

Dewdney may be outside what we call Downtown, but I understand that Bobby's Place Old World Tavern (from Moose Jaw) will be opening in the former Pure building. Also Hudson's will be opening up in the former New Yorx, etc.

Drofmab Jun 22, 2015 8:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7071122)
Dewdney may be outside what we call Downtown, but I understand that Bobby's Place Old World Tavern (from Moose Jaw) will be opening in the former Pure building. Also Hudson's will be opening up in the former New Yorx, etc.

Been to Bobby's a couple of times - good stuff, nice atmosphere.

Not a fan of chain pubs (Hudson's, Prime Pubs (Fionn McCools, et al), Canadian Brewhouse, etc) - but pub/restaurant/entertainment development along the Dewdney strip is generally a good thing, IMHO.

Dan0myte Jun 23, 2015 2:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 7071378)
Been to Bobby's a couple of times - good stuff, nice atmosphere.

Not a fan of chain pubs (Hudson's, Prime Pubs (Fionn McCools, et al), Canadian Brewhouse, etc) - but pub/restaurant/entertainment development along the Dewdney strip is generally a good thing, IMHO.

:cheers: IMHO, Dewdney needs more places like Bushwakkers and less places like Gabbos. But maybe that's just because I'm old now...

Treesplease Jun 23, 2015 9:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan0myte (Post 7072217)
:cheers: IMHO, Dewdney needs more places like Bushwakkers and less places like Gabbos. But maybe that's just because I'm old now...

Gabbos? isn't that the place the kids call "Stabbos"

HomerSPC Jun 23, 2015 9:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treesplease (Post 7072908)
Gabbos? isn't that the place the kids call "Stabbos"

Yuuuuup.

Dougler306 Jun 23, 2015 11:21 PM

Where is hudsons going, I have never heard of that place that was mentioned.

Draftsman Jun 24, 2015 1:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougler306 (Post 7073057)
Where is hudsons going, I have never heard of that place that was mentioned.

New Yorx was a nightclub/lounge/restaurant at 2300 Dewdney Avenue. Most recently it was (or still is) Eldorado Country Rock Bar.

BrutallyDishonest2 Jun 24, 2015 4:47 AM

Hudson's is no longer going into 2300 Dewdney.

Stormer Jun 24, 2015 2:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7073386)
Hudson's is no longer going into 2300 Dewdney.

Are they looking elsewhere?

Udon'tknow Jun 27, 2015 4:49 AM

Famoso is starting to take shape

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f2&oe=55E84333

BrutallyDishonest2 Jun 28, 2015 4:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7073645)
Are they looking elsewhere?

They're still out there lookin'

Stormer Jul 1, 2015 3:58 PM

Famoso
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...psdbcgd6x4.jpg

Stormer Jul 16, 2015 7:22 PM

Famoso's patio is being installed today. it looks like it will be semi circular and permanent. Inside is finally coming along. Much of the finishing is complete and as you can see coolers have arrived.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...psz2xq8o8c.jpg