SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

BrutallyDishonest2 Nov 4, 2017 7:18 PM

No.

djforsberg Nov 6, 2017 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7976287)
No.

We may disagree sometimes, but you... I like you :haha:

sastaunik44 Nov 6, 2017 9:37 PM

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be going into the Sears Home or Costco when they close?

BrutallyDishonest2 Nov 7, 2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sastaunik44 (Post 7977988)
Does anyone have an idea as to what might be going into the Sears Home or Costco when they close?

Nothing is settled yet, but both are likely to have very different uses than the current ones.

Mike328 Nov 7, 2017 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 7978195)
Nothing is settled yet, but both are likely to have very different uses than the current ones.

Woohoo!! Finally an indoor Maxwells Amusements! :sarcasm:

kenskca Nov 7, 2017 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike328 (Post 7978218)

We went to an indoor go kart place in Calgary like 15 years ago and it was awesome! Never say never.

So a new Boston Pizza is going to be in Acre 21 in the Greens. I heard the BPs by Costco / Staples will be closing. Is that correct?

We were in there a while ago and the lounge is in rough shape...looks like they are doing just the bare minimum maintenance to keep it open.

one_brick_at_a_time Nov 7, 2017 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike328 (Post 7978218)

Indoor Waterpark downtown, and a public spray pad in Victoria Park.

Stormer Nov 7, 2017 7:05 PM

Unfortunately Acre 21, Horizons and Aurora are going to result in the hollowing out of a lot of the existing suburban retail areas.

BrutallyDishonest2 Nov 7, 2017 7:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7978952)
Unfortunately Acres 21, Horizons and Aurora are going to result in the hollowing out of a lot of the existing suburban retail areas.

Nah, Regina has unlimited capacity for retail!

Nathan Nov 7, 2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 7978952)
Unfortunately Acre 21, Horizons and Aurora are going to result in the hollowing out of a lot of the existing suburban retail areas.

Maybe they could backfill with condos!!! :haha:

Drofmab Dec 15, 2017 10:21 PM

I heard that Artful Dodger is moving into the old World of Trout location on 11th (space that I thought O'Hanlon was planning to open a pub). Anyone else hear this?

jigglysquishy Dec 15, 2017 10:22 PM

I've been hearing they're moving onto Scarth Street

StealthGirl Dec 16, 2017 4:24 AM

Closing down. Will be opening something else later but location not disclosed yet.

http://leaderpost.com/news/local-new...siness-closing

HomerSPC Dec 16, 2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 8020402)
I've been hearing they're moving onto Scarth Street

In the Scarth Street Mall, yes.

BrutallyDishonest2 Dec 17, 2017 2:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSPC (Post 8021270)
In the Scarth Street Mall, yes.

I've heard that's not final. And their ridiculous fundraising fell flat.

aberrant Dec 17, 2017 2:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 8021334)
I've heard that's not final. And their ridiculous fundraising fell flat.

Yes, they aren't going into Scarth St.

Drofmab Dec 18, 2017 4:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aberrant (Post 8021559)
Yes, they aren't going into Scarth St.

So, there may be something to the rumour I heard? Last time I walked by the old WoT, there appeared to be construction materials inside, but no one working at the time. Anyone hear if O'Hanlon is still hoping to open something there?

Also? GoFundMe for Artful Dodger? Really? If you're looking for donations to your for-profit business, the only way I'm tossing money your way is if I get a proportional ownership stake. If they were a non-profit, it's a different story (though, I still think the request is a long-shot).

BrutallyDishonest2 Dec 18, 2017 5:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drofmab (Post 8022354)
So, there may be something to the rumour I heard? Last time I walked by the old WoT, there appeared to be construction materials inside, but no one working at the time. Anyone hear if O'Hanlon is still hoping to open something there?

Also? GoFundMe for Artful Dodger? Really? If you're looking for donations to your for-profit business, the only way I'm tossing money your way is if I get a proportional ownership stake. If they were a non-profit, it's a different story (thought, I still think the request is a long-shot).

I haven't really seen any work at the WoT building fro the last couple months, so maybe? It's all a bit odd.

KTBuild Dec 19, 2017 3:41 PM

Any truth to the rumor I heard that Olive Garden is coming to Harbor Landing in the building attached to DSW where Brown's Socialhouse was listed for a while?

aberrant Dec 19, 2017 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTBuild (Post 8023397)
Any truth to the rumor I heard that Olive Garden is coming to Harbor Landing in the building attached to DSW where Brown's Socialhouse was listed for a while?

I heard from a reliable source it is a done deal.