SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Wolf Point - East Tower | 679 FT | 62 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228891)

SolarWind Sep 16, 2018 5:12 AM

September 13, 2018











September 14, 2018


BonoboZill4 Sep 16, 2018 5:44 AM

Awesome shots Solar! Here's what I forgot to share from Friday afternoon:

https://i.imgur.com/rrLsKtB.jpg?1

Tons of glare on that one, but the sun wasn't agreeing with me at that time of day.

https://i.imgur.com/SV8OdDy.jpg?1

Better shot from earlier in the day

LouisVanDerWright Sep 16, 2018 3:12 PM

Are they already installing mount points on the slab edges? Whoever said it a while ago wasn't kidding when they said the glass was on a tight schedule behind the concrete on this one...

PittsburghPA Sep 16, 2018 6:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8316412)
Are they already installing mount points on the slab edges? Whoever said it a while ago wasn't kidding when they said the glass was on a tight schedule behind the concrete on this one...

The first units are scheduled to be set in mid-late October. The glass will be right behind the concrete. This is progressing beautifully.

PittsburghPA Sep 16, 2018 6:22 PM

Also I was told to expect a very complex, extremely well lit crown on WPE. The glass will be back lit. It'll be a gem.

Skyguy_7 Sep 16, 2018 7:04 PM

^That is great news. Thanks for sharing. A well-lit crown would look specsctuar here.

BonoboZill4 Sep 16, 2018 7:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghPA (Post 8316534)
Also I was told to expect a very complex, extremely well lit crown on WPE. The glass will be back lit. It'll be a gem.

Not even the crown jewel of the development and they are lighting it up well? I'm sooooo excited for the next tower :D

Notyrview Sep 16, 2018 8:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8316589)
Not even the crown jewel of the development and they are lighting it up well? I'm sooooo excited for the next tower :D

:):cheerleader::)

harryc Sep 16, 2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomarandlee (Post 8315185)
As much as I love this project the one slight misgiving I have is the loss (in small part) of the enormity of the Merchandise Mart and the interesting obtuse angle of its trapezoid western face to be forevermore be hidden behind WPE.

It's a small price to pay for the whole WP project but I will miss a bit not be able to see the whole southern front in all its odd angled enormity. The view corridors of down Orleans and N.Wacker of WPE will hopefully compensate a bit for the loss.




harryc Sep 17, 2018 12:03 AM

Sept 11





Sept 12



Sept 14



Sept 15


Flaccer05 Sep 17, 2018 12:52 AM

Quite the show bringing the crane down the river which is now in place for 110 N Wacker.

Sep 15

https://i.imgur.com/jWZNQt4h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7M3kUTDh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/w1AGSGvh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ALLATgih.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/idGm1ckh.jpg

Kumdogmillionaire Sep 17, 2018 2:07 AM

Always fun when they use river cranes. It'll never get old if you ask me. That one is an absolute beast of a crane too. Is it the same one that was used for 150N Riverside?

Skyguy_7 Sep 17, 2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaccer05 (Post 8316805)
Quite the show bringing the crane down the river which is now in place for 110 N Wacker.

Sep 15


https://i.imgur.com/7M3kUTDh.jpg


What a capture!!! :slob::slob::slob:

Fvn Sep 17, 2018 7:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire (Post 8316859)
Always fun when they use river cranes. It'll never get old if you ask me. That one is an absolute beast of a crane too. Is it the same one that was used for 150N Riverside?

150 Riverside I believe they used a Manitowoc 888. This crane appears to be a brand new MLC 300

BonoboZill4 Sep 18, 2018 3:29 AM

https://i.imgur.com/3Oe2Z5T.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Z4ExVnk.jpg?1

Depending on how you count floors, this one is already 10 floors up, or 12 above lower Orleans(with the core even taller)!

the urban politician Sep 18, 2018 4:26 PM

Just the little stub of this thing rising already has me excited. I just know it's going to be a very powerful presence not only on the river, but looking down Orleans and up Wacker Dr

west-town-brad Sep 18, 2018 5:23 PM

the 4 horizontal windows/slots in the base (near the bridge house) are for what?

is that ventilation for the parking or something cooler?

BonoboZill4 Sep 18, 2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west-town-brad (Post 8318520)
the 4 horizontal windows/slots in the base (near the bridge house) are for what?

is that ventilation for the parking or something cooler?

We talked about it a couple(few?) weeks ago, and yeah it's the parking garage. Renderings show that it should be covered up pretty well in the end, but who knows what it'll look like in the end?

BonoboZill4 Sep 19, 2018 12:58 AM

https://i.imgur.com/en4yeK6.jpg?1

harryc Sep 19, 2018 1:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8318960)
We talked about it a couple(few?) weeks ago, and yeah it's the parking garage. Renderings show that it should be covered up pretty well in the end, but who knows what it'll look like in the end?

I want my van to have a river view when I park it there - Hate the way they back it in at Marina City.
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1856/...8d4fcdcc_c.jpgMarina City by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr
[ mine is the red mini-van ]


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.