SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Wolf Point - East Tower | 679 FT | 62 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228891)

Notyrview Aug 9, 2018 6:12 PM

The density of the last pic :slob:

Bring on the south tower

donnie Aug 9, 2018 7:47 PM

Only A-holes run on the Riverwalk!

Yeah i said it :shitstorm:

BuildThemTaller Aug 9, 2018 8:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnie (Post 8276593)

You don't run into many people at 7:00 a.m. Then again, if people kept to the right at all times, then it wouldn't ever be a problem.

Zerton Aug 9, 2018 9:19 PM

Quote:

I think the same thing of people who run down Milwaukee Ave when it's crowded. Or Clark in Lincoln Park back when I lived over there. It's like they're trying to show off. There are so many quiet streets where you won't be jumping in front of people.

Notyrview Aug 9, 2018 9:33 PM

Fortunately running is allowed on the river walk so you all can just suck it up

nomarandlee Aug 9, 2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notyrview (Post 8276717)

Co-signed.

Cheap_Shot Aug 9, 2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notyrview (Post 8276717)

:cheers: Some guy tried to stop me once and I literally ran him over ... and kept on running. Stay outta my way ...

BonoboZill4 Aug 9, 2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheap_Shot (Post 8276850)
:cheers: Some guy tried to stop me once and I literally ran him over ... and kept on running. Stay outta my way ...

Watch out everyone, we've got a badass over here! lol

Anyway, the only things that are actually annoying and should be enforced down there are the idiots on bikes. Runners don't take up much space.

Heard about this place through reddit. I'm going to be down by this site tomorrow for an interview. I think i'll snap some pics since it looks like that what people are supposed to do here if they post. Sorry for no pictures :(

donnie Aug 10, 2018 1:53 AM

It's called Riverwalk not Riverrun or Riverbike!

Try to run me over and you will be Riverswimming!

But i digress

Notyrview Aug 11, 2018 9:20 PM

lol right Beavis i’m so sure you’re a formidable opponent. As if! Next time i go on my river run i’ll be sure to leave a trail of river farts for you to follow.

BonoboZill4 Aug 11, 2018 9:24 PM

So much sassy behavior here. Fun to watch!

After seeing the site in person, I have to say that none of these photos can do it justice in how large and imposing it already feels. WPS is going to be an absolute monster, looking at how much of the remaining parcel is left

The Pimp Aug 12, 2018 2:52 PM

Quote:

First of all thanks for trying to derail the thread again. Second, lighten up FRANCIS.

BonoboZill4 Aug 12, 2018 4:52 PM

https://i.imgur.com/UpjEi4B.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kl6dYQP.jpg

From Friday in front of the Nuveen building

jc5680 Aug 12, 2018 6:58 PM

BuildThemTaller Aug 13, 2018 2:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc5680 (Post 8278983)

^Phenomenal shot. Really shows the immensity of the Merch Mart. WPE is not going to be a small building, but it's width is easily engulfed by the Mart. I love that the Mart will have these tall bookends on either side.

LouisVanDerWright Aug 13, 2018 11:41 PM

Merchandise Mart is a truly monumental building, it's a true testament to Chicago's brawniness that virtually no one outside of Chicago has ever even heard of it. Only in Chicago would this not be like THE highlight of a city's architectural resume. The Mart is basically monumental on the scale of the Pyramids or I don't even know what else. I'd say Colosseum, but it makes that look like a child's toy.

The Chicago River is a unique space on earth, so glad it's finally getting turned into the public space it deserves to be. Once the Riverwalk is connected to Pingtom and Bloomingdale Trail I don't see how there will be any city that has any public space even in the same league.

SIGSEGV Aug 14, 2018 5:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8280069)
Merchandise Mart is a truly monumental building, it's a true testament to Chicago's brawniness that virtually no one outside of Chicago has ever even heard of it. Only in Chicago would this not be like THE highlight of a city's architectural resume. The Mart is basically monumental on the scale of the Pyramids or I don't even know what else. I'd say Colosseum, but it makes that look like a child's toy.

The Chicago River is a unique space on earth, so glad it's finally getting turned into the public space it deserves to be. Once the Riverwalk is connected to Pingtom and Bloomingdale Trail I don't see how there will be any city that has any public space even in the same league.

We should market it as the "Grand Canyon of the Chicago River"

HomrQT Aug 14, 2018 3:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8280069)

Not enough people know that when it opened in 1930 it was the largest building in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_Mart

SolarWind Aug 15, 2018 1:27 AM

August 14, 2018

Notyrview Aug 15, 2018 2:08 AM

Thanks Solar, it's getting big