SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

CrestedSaguaro Mar 17, 2022 6:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX06 (Post 9570329)
The balconies in 44 Monroe have been repaired and open since December.

No more 10% break on rent :(

I take it you live there? Do you know what they did to fix the balconies? The repairs seemed to have been completed pretty quickly.

PHX06 Mar 17, 2022 7:01 PM

I do; they actually fully replaced every single balcony railing and scrapped the old ones. They started with the penthouses and worked their way down the building. Once they got going, it only took them about 3-4 working days to complete an entire floor. The new railings are set back slightly further from the edge and look a bit different, but still are the same general style.

Our old railing seemed fine, except there was a section that would wobble slightly when you put pressure on it. New ones don't wobble. :tup:

CrestedSaguaro Mar 17, 2022 7:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX06 (Post 9570415)
I do; they actually fully replaced every single balcony railing and scrapped the old ones. They started with the penthouses and worked their way down the building. Once they got going, it only took them about 3-4 working days to complete an entire floor. The new railings are set back slightly further from the edge and look a bit different, but still are the same general style.

Our old railing seemed fine, except there was a section that would wobble slightly when you put pressure on it. New ones don't wobble. :tup:

I thought I had read at one time that the balcony concrete was showing cracks? So it was just the balconies and mounting points?

PHX06 Mar 17, 2022 9:45 PM

Yep, nothing was done to the concrete, at least on my unit.

ASU Diablo Mar 18, 2022 12:08 AM

Downtown Phoenix and Warehouse District Parking Study

Saw this posted on dtphx.org so thought I would share as is timely to the recent discussion regarding parking podiums.

The downtown parking study is commencing once more after a pause due to COVID. Input and feedback will be leveraged as input into the 10-year Parking Master Plan.

https://www.phoenix.gov/econdev/parkingstudy

Link to the parking survey as well:
https://t.e2ma.net/click/s804ke/o5jmn3/kizray

TheSpud0 Mar 18, 2022 3:37 PM

Looks like we have an official construction date from Central Station.
Quote:

Houston-based Medistar, the developer for the Central Station project, will officially begin construction on the site on April 13
Full article:
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...t-station.html

I'm meant to post this to the Central Station thread, then someone posted it, and now don't know what to do with this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sunsfan87 Mar 19, 2022 9:01 PM

Adeline Digital Billboard

https://imgur.com/a/hlLts9M

CrestedSaguaro Mar 21, 2022 9:44 PM

FAA height eval submitted last week for X Roosevelt. Height looks it will stay at around 244' and looks like it will be around Q4 or Q1 next year before construction starts.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...18216362&row=5

Obadno Mar 21, 2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9574294)
FAA height eval submitted last week for X Roosevelt. Height looks it will stay at around 244' and looks like it will be around Q4 or Q1 next year before construction starts.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...18216362&row=5

Which one is X Roosevelt? Do we have a rendering?

IndyAZ Mar 21, 2022 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9574378)
Which one is X Roosevelt? Do we have a rendering?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...952e5b2c_b.jpg

That is most current rendering that was published, but that was before the addition of the parking garage podium, so the rendering only shows it at 16-stories and not 19-stories. Under X Phoenix thread, page 12 there are elevations with the garage.

ryry584 Mar 22, 2022 12:39 AM

Hey! does anyone know the difference between X Roosevelt and the X Phoenix phase 2? or are they the same thing? Because the clayco website says phase 1 will be next to phase 1 and be 27 floors. i am looking into renting at X Phoenix and i wanna know if im about to have construction outside my window. do you know where phase 2 would be built? Thank you!

BA744PHX Mar 22, 2022 1:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryry584 (Post 9574483)
Hey! does anyone know the difference between X Roosevelt and the X Phoenix phase 2? or are they the same thing? Because the clayco website says phase 1 will be next to phase 1 and be 27 floors. i am looking into renting at X Phoenix and i wanna know if im about to have construction outside my window. do you know where phase 2 would be built? Thank you!

They are two separate projects

IndyAZ Mar 22, 2022 1:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryry584 (Post 9574483)

X Phoenix Phase 2 is going directly North of the existing building up to Van Buren, it is literally extending the garage and amenity level to the North, then a new tower (25-story total) on top with construction starting in May. So if you rent a unit looking North, you will be looking at construction for the next 24 months or so. If you are interested in the building, I would recommend a South facing unit and you should be protected from the view and most of the noise.

X Roosevelt is another tower (19-story) by the same company being built at SEC of 2nd Avenue and McKinley and shouldn't break ground till Oct/Nov.

ryry584 Mar 22, 2022 4:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9574548)
X Phoenix Phase 2 is going directly North of the existing building up to Van Buren, it is literally extending the garage and amenity level to the North, then a new tower (25-story total) on top with construction starting in May. So if you rent a unit looking North, you will be looking at construction for the next 24 months or so. If you are interested in the building, I would recommend a South facing unit and you should be protected from the view and most of the noise.

X Roosevelt is another tower (19-story) by the same company being built at SEC of 2nd Avenue and McKinley and shouldn't break ground till Oct/Nov.

I did a tour of it yesterday and loved it. the room i like and picked is north facing :/ i will need to find another room asap because i do not want construction that close i can not believe they where casually showing me a room that will be that close to construction. For some reason i thought it was going to be across the street. Thank you for the warning, i may need to look elsewhere :(

CrestedSaguaro Mar 22, 2022 2:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryry584 (Post 9574652)
I did a tour of it yesterday and loved it. the room i like and picked is north facing :/ i will need to find another room asap because i do not want construction that close i can not believe they where casually showing me a room that will be that close to construction. For some reason i thought it was going to be across the street. Thank you for the warning, i may need to look elsewhere :(

This is precisely why I can't stand phased projects. The amount of noise and construction the tenants will have to endure for the next 2 years is terrible. Edison Midtown residents will be going through phase 2 construction pains as well.

They didn't mention construction to you at all? They should be required to mention this to prospective tenants. :hell:

Obadno Mar 22, 2022 2:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9574956)
This is precisely why I can't stand phased projects. The amount of noise and construction the tenants will have to endure for the next 2 years is terrible. Edison Midtown residents will be going through phase 2 construction pains as well.

They didn't mention construction to you at all? They should be required to mention this to prospective tenants. :hell:

It can technically be a violation of the lease under the idea that it impacts the "Habitability" of the unit. However most people dont have the money to sue for such things.

ryry584 Mar 22, 2022 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9574956)

Nope not at all. Thankfully, i have been following these forums for a while so i was aware of the construction but i thought it was going to be north of Van Buren. i asked while on my tour and she said that it wouldn't be complete until 2024 and that it would not disrupt anything. Im not sure how i feel about living in the building anymore. I also cant believe that they are gonna cover up the incredible windows looking north in the study area with a massive building. Im going to call today and look into the south facing rooms, or just dip and look into kenect phoenix. im aware kenect is going to be next to the central station project, bu at least the building itself wont be under construction :D

Here is a few random pics i took from my tour if anyone was curious https://imgur.com/a/kgOwaXo

CrestedSaguaro Mar 22, 2022 3:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryry584 (Post 9575039)
or just dip and look into kenect phoenix. im aware kenect is going to be next to the central station project, bu at least the building itself wont be under construction :D

Even though Kennect will be adjacent to Central Station, it will be at least across the street and on the other side of the LRT station which should give you plenty of views even when Central Station is completed. Just remember, we WILL be relying on you to post update pics of Central Station's construction :D

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :tup:

IndyAZ Mar 22, 2022 4:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryry584 (Post 9575039)
i asked while on my tour and she said that it wouldn't be complete until 2024 and that it would not disrupt anything. Im not sure how i feel about living in the building anymore. I also cant believe that they are gonna cover up the incredible windows looking north in the study area with a massive building. Im going to call today and look into the south facing rooms, or just dip and look into kenect phoenix.

I doubt it will disrupt the building amenities at all, the garage is connected, but the towers themselves are completely separated, so outside of seeing the construction and the noise during the week, it should be fine. I just would go for a room not looking North, but then again, I love watching construction! :)

ryry584 Mar 22, 2022 5:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9575112)
I doubt it will disrupt the building amenities at all, the garage is connected, but the towers themselves are completely separated, so outside of seeing the construction and the noise during the week, it should be fine. I just would go for a room not looking North, but then again, I love watching construction! :)

Thank you for the welcome everyone! i have never lived downtown so im really excited. im working on getting a south facing room now and i have kenect phoenix as a backup. i love the construction as well but because ill be doing hybrid work id prefer to not have the noise. and wherever i end up renting i will still post some update photos around town :)