SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

plinko Jan 13, 2021 5:56 AM

^The minimum height for an accessible van is 8’-2”.

Any garage built after 1990 would have that, but few before that. Retrofitting one is a pain in the ass.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Jan 14, 2021 7:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9157678)
There was a lot of equipment onsite today. A couple of backhoe's and a dump truck with about 10 workers digging. Most likely prep-work and/or potholing. Also, the adjacent palm trees have been marked for probable removal and the house next door looks like its about ready to get demo'd.

All definite signs this is going to be moving fast.

The house next door is getting demoed? If it’s the house I’m thinking of it looks like they have it still standing in the rendering.

CrestedSaguaro Jan 14, 2021 5:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 9159219)
The house next door is getting demoed? If it’s the house I’m thinking of it looks like they have it still standing in the rendering.

There's 2 houses on the block. The one in the rendering has been fully demolished. My guess is the house was in worse shape than they thought and it would have been expensive to keep it versus demo'ing it and finding another use for the site. Also, I'm not 100% sure that the owner's of the Skye lot actually owns the lot the house was on.

Checked the Accessor site and it appears the site the house is on is owned by Wolverine OZ Fund. The Skye development site is owned by 6th and Garfield LLC. So 2 different owners. Maybe the owner of the house lot has something else planned..

CrestedSaguaro Jan 14, 2021 11:43 PM

Here PHX

Really hasn't been much to find in the way of this tower. But they finally have a website up (herephx.com).

Not much there, but I was able to grab a screenshot of the rendering. Doesn't look bad next to Link.

ASU Diablo Jan 14, 2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9160235)
Really hasn't been much to find in the way of this tower. But they finally have a website up (herephx.com).

Not much there, but I was able to grab a screenshot of the rendering. Doesn't look bad next to Link.

Wait what project is this??

I'm usually pretty good at remembering all the projects around downtown but for the life of me, this one is escaping me lol

CrestedSaguaro Jan 14, 2021 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9160243)
Wait what project is this??

I'm usually pretty good at remembering all the projects around downtown but for the life of me, this one is escaping me lol

AKA Link Phase 2 ;)

ASU Diablo Jan 14, 2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9160251)
AKA Link Phase 2 ;)

Ah okay that makes sense now, thanks! :cheers:

Code5 Jan 15, 2021 2:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9160251)
AKA Link Phase 2 ;)

Really makes me wonder what the 3rd tower is going to look like now~ phase 2 looks good!

MMDelon Jan 15, 2021 4:59 AM

Looks good. I am curious if the third tower will be taller. The second tower looks almost the same height as the first one. It looks 300' or very close to it. It would be nice for the third tower to be at least 250'

MMDelon Jan 15, 2021 5:01 AM

Never mind I guess tower 2 is 304' and the third tower will be 250'

Diamonddave Jan 15, 2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9160497)
Never mind I guess tower 2 is 304' and the third tower will be 250'

Yeah I think tower 3 will be 19 stories. I hope it goes up as quick as the first two towers

IndyAZ Jan 15, 2021 4:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9160611)
Yeah I think tower 3 will be 19 stories. I hope it goes up as quick as the first two towers

That's incorrect, they modified the site plan for the current Link 2 tower to change it from 19 story to be 27 stories. It is also the smallest tower footprint.

The final tower located on the Northwest corner of that site is still planned at the original 25 stories, and I believe the largest footprint area. I had heard back early last year that they were talking to the City about doing the same parking reduction to allow them to add units/floors to that tower as well. Not sure what exact floor count/height they were going for, but sounded like it could potentially be the tallest of the three tower. That was pre-pandemic and I think they hit pause on it, so we will see.

PHX31 Jan 15, 2021 5:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9160842)
That's incorrect, they modified the site plan for the current Link 2 tower to change it from 19 story to be 27 stories. It is also the smallest tower footprint.

The final tower located on the Northwest corner of that site is still planned at the original 25 stories, and I believe the largest footprint area. I had heard back early last year that they were talking to the City about doing the same parking reduction to allow them to add units/floors to that tower as well. Not sure what exact floor count/height they were going for, but sounded like it could potentially be the tallest of the three tower. That was pre-pandemic and I think they hit pause on it, so we will see.

"I had heard .. they were talking to the City"... don't you mean "They talked to me at the City"? I think you work for the City. ;) Either way, I appreciate your updates and contributions. Keep 'em coming. :cheers:

IndyAZ Jan 15, 2021 5:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 9160959)
"I had heard .. they were talking to the City"... don't you mean "They talked to me at the City"? I think you work for the City. ;) Either way, I appreciate your updates and contributions. Keep 'em coming. :cheers:

Haha I can confirm I do not work at the City, but I work with people at the City and other industry professionals, so I hear things from time to time...

Diamonddave Jan 15, 2021 7:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9160842)

That would be awesome if the third tower is the highest because link 1 l believe is 350'

MMDelon Jan 15, 2021 7:49 PM

That's a pretty big development. I had no idea that the second tower was going to be the smallest of the three. I didn't know the third tower was going to be the tallest. That's a pretty huge.

IndyAZ Jan 15, 2021 7:52 PM

Like I said, it sounded like that was the intent pre-pandemic and everything seems to be on hold now. But worst case scenario, the final tower should be at least 25 stories per the original plan. If we are lucky, they continue to push the limits and go for something 30+

biggus diggus Jan 15, 2021 11:53 PM

As long as money remains cheap, which seems insane already to think about, and people keep moving here you can expect construction to continue.

Obadno Jan 16, 2021 1:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9161466)
As long as money remains cheap, which seems insane already to think about, and people keep moving here you can expect construction to continue.

Phoenix has kept on growing right through the pandemic, for a number of reasons, I don’t think we’ve lost a single project due to pandemic related economic disruptions. In our current boom the only ones that have been iffy were iffy before this all started. Barrister and Palmcroft

azliam Jan 16, 2021 2:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9161884)
Phoenix has kept on growing right through the pandemic, for a number of reasons, I don’t think we’ve lost a single project due to pandemic related economic disruptions. In our current boom the only ones that have been iffy were iffy before this all started. Barrister and Palmcroft

Pretty true for the most part, although we did lose the hotel component for Central Station.