SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

dtnphx Nov 10, 2015 4:42 PM

Anyone hear of this?

There's a proposal for a 19-story building on the Circles Records on Central site. Now, I'm not sure if it's just the tiny lot on the north side of the building, but I don't think so. Perhaps it will be where they salvage the architectural elements of the building outside and gut the interior to build up.

http://pdf.leeazmail.com/pdfs/Circle...%20Central.jpg

Owner is listed as: Singer Holdings, Leonard Singer, 6665 N Mountain View Dr Paradise Valley AZ 85253
Project point of contact is: CCBG Architects, http://www.ccbg-arch.com/index2.html

azsunsurfer Nov 10, 2015 5:04 PM

CCBG architects are great! I was fortunate enough to have taken a course by one of their principals...Everyone should look at their 3 story office on Buchanan. He described their design approach to fit in with the industrial nature of the neighborhood while still being comp temporary. I have no doubt their proposal will look good.

PHX31 Nov 10, 2015 6:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtnphx (Post 7230271)
Anyone hear of this?

There's a proposal for a 19-story building on the Circles Records on Central site. Now, I'm not sure if it's just the tiny lot on the north side of the building, but I don't think so. Perhaps it will be where they salvage the architectural elements of the building outside and gut the interior to build up.

http://pdf.leeazmail.com/pdfs/Circle...%20Central.jpg

Owner is listed as: Singer Holdings, Leonard Singer, 6665 N Mountain View Dr Paradise Valley AZ 85253
Project point of contact is: CCBG Architects, http://www.ccbg-arch.com/index2.html

I'd rather keep the circle records building and build something on the small parking lot. Actually, I'd be OK with replacing the north half of the existing building, but the south half on the actual corner is great and should stay.

ASU Diablo Nov 10, 2015 6:16 PM

So 300 units at NEC Central and Fillmore and just up the street, another 300+ units at 19 stories at NWC Central and McKinley??? Wow going up Central is going to look awesome :D

Classical in Phoenix Nov 10, 2015 6:22 PM

Anyone having flashbacks to 2007 when everyone was proposing a highrise?

gymratmanaz Nov 10, 2015 6:58 PM

bring em on!!!!!

Obadno Nov 10, 2015 7:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix (Post 7230429)

Luckily not everyone is proposing high-rises but mid rises, And most of them are underway so if there is some sort of market correction we wont be left with blue balls at least.

Isnt the S/SWC of central and Roosevelt the Radio Station?

biggus diggus Nov 10, 2015 7:37 PM

Quote:

Yep, and the 80's too.

downtownphxguy12 Nov 10, 2015 8:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7230526)
Luckily not everyone is proposing high-rises but mid rises, And most of them are underway so if there is some sort of market correction we wont be left with blue balls at least.

Isnt the S/SWC of central and Roosevelt the Radio Station?

814 is the building just north of the parking lot of circles,

downtownphxguy12 Nov 10, 2015 8:10 PM

CCBG website has renderings of iluminate and linear

KevininPhx Nov 10, 2015 8:16 PM

Quote:

Yeah, when ended up getting several like 44 Monroe, stadium condos, Sheraton, cityscape etc.

gymratmanaz Nov 10, 2015 8:17 PM

And so glad we got all those!!!!!

Tylerrrr Nov 11, 2015 1:41 AM

this sounds amazing! :tup: any idea when we might hear more about this?

combusean Nov 11, 2015 4:45 AM

Per the plan review for the Circles on Central project, #15-2742, of which there is only this review.

Quote:

PROJECT DESCRIPTION: CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW 19 STORY TYPE 1 HIGH RISE FOR 312 DU FOR APPARTMENTS, THERE IS AN EXISTING BRICK
STRUCTURE (CIRCLE RECORDS BUILDING) A PORTIONS OF THAT BUILDING IS INTENDED TO BE FOR AN ADAPTIVE REUSE AS NOTED.
So part of it is getting demolished, another part will live on.

Incidentally, I'm baffled at the constant typos in these permits.

michael85225 Nov 11, 2015 6:55 AM

Quote:

Oh yes, memories of my junior and senior years at high school. I would rush to the library computers during lunch to look at the updates. I remember watching 44 Monroe, the Sheraton, and Summit all going up at the same time and who can forget when the doomed tallest building in Arizona was announced at CityScape. The cranes were everywhere downtown!

combusean Nov 11, 2015 6:55 AM

Given the demonstrated unreliability (and obvious typos) of the ABI report that I posted, I'm going to call it and say the 300 apartments I posted about earlier on Central and Fillmore is the same project as the Circles on Central project a block north. The DU is too close and I'm having too much difficulty actually conceptualizing 300 units on a downtown block because it's too much space for too few units at the types of construction that ought to pencil out.

I also see no permits whatsoever for the 600 (Fillmore) N block of Central and 1st St.

I hate that one paper can screw so much of the discussion up--but I suppose that's what a board dedicated to the fruits of everything from rumor to city permits to a half finished concrete shell to a certificate of occupancy should expect.

nickw252 Nov 11, 2015 2:08 PM

More on Circles

More on Circles from Phoenix Business Journal

Quote:

Apartment tower could come to Circle Records site

A 19-story apartment building could be coming to the Circle Records & Tapes building in downtown Phoenix.

A sale of the property could hinge on whether the property is rezoned a possible apartment development.

The record store closed in 2010. The property has been up for sale since then with a $2.9 million asking price.

The property was built in 1946 and was also previously a Studebaker dealership.

A source familiar with downtown developments expect the existing building to be kept or incorporated into a new project.

A broker listing the property did not respond a request for comment.

The property is located at Central Avenue and McKinley Street in downtown Phoenix. There are a number of apartments and condo projects underway or planned for the Roosevelt Row and Portland Street near the Metro light rail line.
Link

gymratmanaz Nov 11, 2015 4:08 PM

As we all have said, wouldn't it be great to keep the Circle Records building and add to it. This would be a truly great project to see come to fruition!!!! Can't wait to see renderings!!!!!! (Fingers crossed)

combusean Nov 11, 2015 9:46 PM

I'm gonna bet that the north half of Circles will be razed, as it almost looks like two conjoined buildings from Google Earth. I could be wrong about that.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 11, 2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 7231842)
I'm gonna bet that the north half of Circles will be razed, as it almost looks like two conjoined buildings from Google Earth. I could be wrong about that.

Just checked out the proposed area and there's a pretty small gap between the buildings, so I don't see how they could build a tower without taking something down...either that, save the shell and build around it. There's a Colliers For Sale sign on the South Circle Records building and several For Rent signs on the north building, so not sure if all these retail spaces would be saved or incorporated into the proposed tower. Hopefully, they can be.