SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

Diamonddave Oct 26, 2020 4:32 PM

So that would mean that Hines is officially out

azliam Oct 26, 2020 4:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9085506)
So that would mean that Hines is officially out

Hard to say. The Berger proposal was the "recommended" proposal quite some time back, but it seems like it's been in perpetual negotiations.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 26, 2020 10:16 PM

It's actually happening! Fence up around Central Station :cheers:

Also, Blanco now has an awning around the entire perimeter. Looking really good and great activation of the corner.

And just a quick pano from the top of the parking garage across from Chase Field. Great view of Adeline and Link 2 in the distance adding some great density.

biggus diggus Oct 26, 2020 10:18 PM

The corner of 2nd and Washington really looks great with Blanco's patio and signage.

phoenixwillrise Oct 27, 2020 1:19 AM

South side of Newer Part of Convention Center

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9086024)
The corner of 2nd and Washington really looks great with Blanco's patio and signage.

In that last photo that was taken from the parking garage looking toward Adeline you can see that ongoing construction on the south end of the newer part of the convention center. What is taking so long on that? Are the Pier people from Tempe rehabbing that area in their "spare" time or what?

CrestedSaguaro Oct 27, 2020 1:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise (Post 9086191)
In that last photo that was taken from the parking garage looking toward Adeline you can see that ongoing construction on the south end of the newer part of the convention center. What is taking so long on that? Are the Pier people from Tempe rehabbing that area in their "spare" time or what?

Too funny! I was going to actually post an update of the shoring project as I was checking it out from the garage, but I didn't think anyone would really be interested. I believe it was a 2 year long project, so that puts it at about 8 months away from completion give or take if I remember the start date correctly? A lot of the ground on the corners has been filled back in, but there is still a large trench between those.

Here's a closeup of the shoring that I cropped from the earlier posted pic:

biggus diggus Oct 27, 2020 2:14 AM

There's a Dutch Brothers going in at 7th and Roma. Must be the replacement for the Central Ave location.

phoenixwillrise Oct 27, 2020 4:19 AM

Please refresh my memory on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9086209)
Too funny! I was going to actually post an update of the shoring project as I was checking it out from the garage, but I didn't think anyone would really be interested. I believe it was a 2 year long project, so that puts it at about 8 months away from completion give or take if I remember the start date correctly? A lot of the ground on the corners has been filled back in, but there is still a large trench between those.

Here's a closeup of the shoring that I cropped from the earlier posted pic:

Crested. Why are they shoring this up after the original construction? Was there a construction defect or did it have something to do with a future tunnel or something they were going to build to the old south side of the convention and decided not to? I vaguely remember something on this.

dtphxguy Oct 27, 2020 4:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9086243)
There's a Dutch Brothers going in at 7th and Roma. Must be the replacement for the Central Ave location.

7th Ave or street?

Phxguy Oct 27, 2020 4:35 AM

^Street, it’ll be on the site of the former Az Autism Charter School.

dtphxguy Oct 27, 2020 5:15 AM

okay sweet, happy it’s not going on 7th Ave.

Diamonddave Oct 27, 2020 1:41 PM

Please if someone can inform me on Central Station us the parking underground or parking podium.I thought I read somewhere it was underground.

ASU Diablo Oct 27, 2020 2:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9086486)
Please if someone can inform me on Central Station us the parking underground or parking podium.I thought I read somewhere it was underground.

"Two-level Parking Garage providing approximately 430 spaces in approximately 203,244 gross square feet"

https://www.medistarcorp.com/in-development/

azliam Oct 27, 2020 2:07 PM

Got a question.

What type of cladding is supposed to be covering the orange part of Adeline? I actually don't mind the orange.

biggus diggus Oct 27, 2020 2:40 PM

Their website has a lot of pictures

https://adelinedowntown.com/

Diamonddave Oct 27, 2020 7:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9086503)
"Two-level Parking Garage providing approximately 430 spaces in approximately 203,244 gross square feet"

https://www.medistarcorp.com/in-development/

Thanks for the update Diablo. Their link that you provided they still have it listed at 37 stories, maybe they'll surprise us.

biggus diggus Oct 27, 2020 9:03 PM

I thought they omitted the hotel portion.

Maybe someone knows where the bus bays will be? I can't clearly see how this will be setup in the rendering - probably because they left it out.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 27, 2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9087188)
I thought they omitted the hotel portion.

Maybe someone knows where the bus bays will be? I can't clearly see how this will be setup in the rendering - probably because they left it out.

I have the layout from my record's request a while back. I'll dig it up and post it later this eve.

ASU Diablo Oct 27, 2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9087289)
I have the layout from my record's request a while back. I'll dig it up and post it later this eve.

Yeah the hotel portion was removed. They still haven't updated their website but maybe the records request docs will also show how many underground parking levels will actually get built

CrestedSaguaro Oct 27, 2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9087321)
Yeah the hotel portion was removed. They still haven't updated their website but maybe the records request docs will also show how many underground parking levels will actually get built

Here's the traffic site plan I received. It's a little marked up from the city, but should be the general plan still. It states there will be 2 underground levels of parking (highlighted in yellow under Project Description). As far as I can tell, there seems to only be one entrance ramp near the SE corner of Central and Polk (look closely for the ramp arrows).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V6o...ew?usp=sharing