SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | BMO Tower | 727 FT | 50 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224752)

Skyguy_7 Dec 30, 2019 5:26 PM

If you zoom into the SE corner of the site via the webcam, you'll see at least two caisson sleeves in the ground, and the CASE rig actively drilling. This one is about as U/C as it gets. I'll let someone else kick off the dancing. Elaine Benes? Benes...? Benes...?

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clarkcon...erconstruction

KWillChicago Dec 30, 2019 5:42 PM

Foggy as hell. Cant see.

Steely Dan Dec 30, 2019 5:44 PM

^ try the #2 camera on top of the OPO.

the #1 camera on sears is indeed not terribly useful today.

chris08876 Dec 30, 2019 7:55 PM

Site from above. This parcel is massive on a side note.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMfGp-cXkAAJHNX.jpg:large
Credit: Chicago Cityscape

TheKeenEye Dec 30, 2019 8:42 PM

Hello Everyone. Long time site user decide to finally join and contribute. Happy New Year to all.

I have decent viewpoint for this one and post as much as time allow. Was happy to see drilling occure during walk to lunch today. Cheers!

-Franusch

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...65217257_b.jpg

rivernorthlurker Dec 30, 2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKeenEye (Post 8787213)
Hello Everyone. Long time site user decide to finally join and contribute. Happy New Year to all.

I have decent viewpoint for this one and post as much as time allow. Was happy to see drilling occure during walk to lunch today. Cheers!

-Franusch

Welcome Franusch! :friends:

pianowizard Dec 30, 2019 11:49 PM

Congratulations Chicago on constructing another tall office building! It's currently the second tallest office building rising in Chicago, behind 110 N Wacker.

Tom In Chicago Dec 31, 2019 8:02 PM

Definitely under construction as of today. . .

. . .

Chisouthside Dec 31, 2019 8:19 PM

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

HomrQT Dec 31, 2019 9:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianowizard (Post 8787341)
Congratulations Chicago on constructing another tall office building! It's currently the second tallest office building rising in Chicago, behind 110 N Wacker.

Another building that makes the top 25 tallest in the city. It would be on the first page of the diagrams for Chicago, but no one made a diagram for this one yet.

rivernorthlurker Dec 31, 2019 9:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomrQT (Post 8787908)
Another building that makes the top 25 tallest in the city. It would be on the first page of the diagrams for Chicago, but no one made a diagram for this one yet.

Actually Koodoo JUST added a drawing for this - I was even going to mention it here. However it's still only listed as 'proposed' and so you'd have to select that checkbox for it to appear. However the built/construction/proposed is horribly out of date by a couple of years.

https://i.imgur.com/XmSbAgm.png

KWillChicago Dec 31, 2019 10:10 PM

Speaking of which when you click proposed...what the hell is one grant park? That thing is ass ugly and funky looking. When did it ever get proposed, or is one of the artists just having fun?

rivernorthlurker Dec 31, 2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWillChicago (Post 8787958)
Speaking of which when you click proposed...what the hell is one grant park? That thing is ass ugly and funky looking. When did it ever get proposed, or is one of the artists just having fun?

That was added recently as another drawing for One Grant Park (now known as NEMA) - which has already been finished though is 'under construction' on the page (green).

If you click the 'all drawings' radio button (and also unselect built so you don't get 50 Willis towers) you can see the alternate/previous drawing. I am not a fan either. (of the drawing)

Cheap_Shot Dec 31, 2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomrQT (Post 8787908)

This is interesting to think about. After Vista, 110 North Wacker, and One Chicago are complete, this building will set at #25 once finished (I think). However, with 1000M and possibly Wolf Point South not far behind, it probably won't be there for long. After this tower, any future tower will have to be nearly 750'+ to crack the top 25. Quite impressive.

HomrQT Jan 1, 2020 3:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker (Post 8787934)
Actually Koodoo JUST added a drawing for this - I was even going to mention it here. However it's still only listed as 'proposed' and so you'd have to select that checkbox for it to appear. However the built/construction/proposed is horribly out of date by a couple of years.

https://i.imgur.com/XmSbAgm.png

Nice. Didn't think to check the proposed items. Koodoo on the ball. :cheers:

HomrQT Jan 1, 2020 3:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheap_Shot (Post 8787980)
This is interesting to think about. After Vista, 110 North Wacker, and One Chicago are complete, this building will set at #25 once finished (I think). However, with 1000M and possibly Wolf Point South not far behind, it probably won't be there for long. After this tower, any future tower will have to be nearly 750'+ to crack the top 25. Quite impressive.

We definitely are in a good city to be skyscraper enthusiasts. :cheers:

Koodoo25 Jan 1, 2020 4:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker (Post 8787934)

I would have added the drawing earlier but it wasn't actually added to the database until this week.

The Chicago diagram/database is kind of a mess at the moment. A lot of buildings are listed as U/C when they've been completed, Proposed when they're well above ground, etc. Not only that, but lots and lots of heights are incorrect as well. The height of a building can be revised so many times during planning and construction and the diagrams section can't always keep up with it.

Every once in a while I try to request corrections and new buildings, but the sheer amount of requests that would need to be sent in to fix everything is rather daunting.

rlw777 Jan 1, 2020 3:41 PM

Quote:

Actually this will sit at #26. The height of 150 n Riverside on the diagram page is wrong. It's actually around 750 ft which would push this down one more spot.

Romero Jan 1, 2020 6:02 PM

The Rock

Eye Opener for me: When i started high school in '61 at CVS, One Prudential was the 2nd tallest building at 601' after the Chicago Board of Trade at 605'. Then, the treat was to go to the Top of the Rock and view the city of Big Shoulders from the sky. With the BMO startup, One Pru will drop to 55th. To see all that growth in my lifetime in my hometown is a great feeling.

S Car Go Jan 1, 2020 7:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romero (Post 8788231)
Eye Opener for me: When i started high school in '61 at CVS, One Prudential was the 2nd tallest building at 601' after the Chicago Board of Trade at 605'. Then, the treat was to go to the Top of Rock and view the city of Big Shoulders from the sky. With the BMO startup, One Pru will drop to 55th. To see all that growth in my lifetime in my hometown is a great feeling.

Both incredible.