SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Salesforce Tower | 850 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217949)

Kumdogmillionaire Sep 23, 2016 6:30 PM

^ adding to that it's obvious that "Editor" relies pretty heavily on the insider info that is received here for much of what he posts. Without SSP his job would get significantly more difficult.

denizen467 Sep 25, 2016 8:34 AM

He also deletes reader comments that point out article errors, whether he ends up correcting the errors or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notyrview (Post 7571988)
the haughty tone of barbara walters

+1 (as a general proposition)

Freefall Sep 25, 2016 3:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizen467 (Post 7573923)
He also deletes reader comments that point out article errors, whether he ends up correcting the errors or not.

+1 (as a general proposition)

Lol I remember when he referred to the West Loop as "West Town". When I pointed this out, he told me that the West Loop was a made up name by real estate developers. I tried to tell him he could refer to it as the Near West Side, since that was the official community area where it was, but that West Town was a completely different community area. It was literally like Randolph and Morgan that he was talking about. He didn't seem to be able to understand.

harryc Sep 26, 2016 4:16 PM

Sic'EmBears Sep 26, 2016 5:38 PM

^ 200 N Riverside's façade reminds me of Hilton Worldwide's logo.

BrinChi Sep 27, 2016 4:01 PM

Anyone know what's up with all the semis that have been parking on Wolf Point lately?

BVictor1 Sep 27, 2016 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrinChi (Post 7576041)
Anyone know what's up with all the semis that have been parking on Wolf Point lately?

Probably a trade show at either the Mart or fmr. Apparel Center.

Kngkyle Sep 29, 2016 10:56 PM

If that new rendering contains the actual design for the South tower as well, it looks like a Trump Tower-sized behemoth.

munchymunch Sep 30, 2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kngkyle (Post 7578769)
If that new rendering contains the actual design for the South tower as well, it looks like a Drumpf Tower-sized behemoth.

You can see the office at the bottom too. The design for the east tower looks very clean but looks to be a glass box.

chris08876 Sep 30, 2016 12:19 AM

I wish the super tall would start Phase 1 first. :(

Any time I see these multi phase developments with a super tall are included, they always start on the smaller stuff, and then when it comes time for the signature tower, we get disappointed and a height cut happens.

Notyrview Sep 30, 2016 4:08 AM

I don't think there's any reason to doubt the Kennedy's intentions here. They always said the east tower would be 750', and indeed it is. It makes sense that they'd wait until the next cycle to fill the office component of the south tower if whatever corporate moves remain for this cycle are already eyeing other projects.

Skyguy_7 Sep 30, 2016 3:58 PM

^Haha give it up Harry, that bank hasn't been 'natural' since groundbreaking of WPW in 2014!

I like the new design. It's crown and east facade are a nice ode to the instant-icon across the way at 150 N Riverside. Looks like they're also toying with the design of WPS shown with square columns now. It could be a behemoth to say the least. Looks like a 2,000-footer judging by size of that base! Having a real feeding frenzy over here...

Steely Dan Sep 30, 2016 4:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 (Post 7579307)
It could be a behemoth to say the least. Looks like a 2,000-footer judging by size of that base! Having a real feeding frenzy over here...

i'd say it's gotta be at least a mile high based on the girth of that base! OMG, it's probably a reincarnated FLW mile-high "illinois" tower. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency!

i'm so excited my asthma is acting up!

shit, where are my cheetos?

KWILLSKYLINE Sep 30, 2016 4:19 PM

Two miles steely dan, .....Two miles high. That calls for jalapanio cheeto's. HAHA

Kippis Sep 30, 2016 4:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 7579321)
shit, where are my cheetos?

Hmm...probably either in your parents' basement or in-between your chins. :haha:

WPE looks slick -- definitely hearkens to both WPW and 150 Riverside. I definitely like this over the previous (and obvious) placeholder design. But the center tower: Yum yum. Is there anyone here who may have another set of images that show us exactly what may be in the pipeline? Looks like a definite monster from those newly released renderings...

LouisVanDerWright Sep 30, 2016 4:38 PM

Besides the news of the immient groundbreaking of Chicago's first 10 mile high building, I think the WPE design looks pretty good. The real design challenge will be routing the O'Hare flight paths over downtown to avoid a building that scrapes the stratosphere.

On a serious note, one thing this design does MUCH better than 150 and 444 is bridge the elevation gap between river level and street level. That stairs looks like a very natural path down to the river. Hopefully there is some retail and yacht parking planned! Screw natural riverbank, I need somewhere to park my 55' Chris Craft.

LaSalle.St.Station Sep 30, 2016 10:39 PM

The partial south tower rendering looks like Trump Tower Jr.

BVictor1 Sep 30, 2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r18tdi (Post 7571078)
Apparently we're a bunch of cheeto-stained mouth-breathers overreacting to old, probably bogus news...

At least according to this world-class, gem of a blog post :uhh:
http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2...eeding-frenzy/

Quote:

Two Crumbs of Stale Information Set Off Wolf Point Feeding Frenzy

Quote:

The density junkies spent the rest of the day leafing through their glossy Judith Dupré books, daydreaming about the exact number of feet that a 70-story Wolf Point South might be.

Stale never tasted so damn sweet. Not to brag, but we know what the phuck we're doing over here at SSP.

We're not always 100% on (my tip that this could be taller), but we're diligent and have great sleuths and posters.

Good work all. I appreciate you.

BVictor1 Oct 1, 2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardL (Post 7579756)
Absolutely. And once there is a plausible proposal for the Post Office, we could have magnificent bookends for the main branch of the River.

The post office is along the south branch.

HowardL Oct 1, 2016 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7579770)
The post office is along the south branch.

Dammit. Thank you. I work on Wacker Drive and in my head, that is the "main" branch. Thanks for the correction.