SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

gymratmanaz Oct 17, 2017 8:57 PM

Soon, by year's end ..... 4 cranes or????????????

fawd Oct 17, 2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7955659)
Yeah and with 29 floors isn't that going to make it the tallest building built in the city since 44 Monroe in like 2007?

Isn't Link 30?

Either way, love the list!

biggus diggus Oct 17, 2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7955633)
Freakin' A! This really just came out of no where. I remember someone posting this was a pipe-dream development. This is a very significant project for Phoenix...especially if they build all 3 towers.

I'm still going to wait until I see construction to feel any emotion over it. Lots of stuff over the years has had a ceremonial "ground breaking" that never amounted to anything.

I had lunch at Blue Fin today (if you haven't been it's the same as Kyoto bowl or yogi's but the women who work there are all amazingly sweet) and noticed quite a bit of construction just east of the library. I thought this was just supposed to be a renovation of the current office building but the parking garage is 7 stories.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 18, 2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7955895)
I'm still going to wait until I see construction to feel any emotion over it. Lots of stuff over the years has had a ceremonial "ground breaking" that never amounted to anything.

I had lunch at Blue Fin today (if you haven't been it's the same as Kyoto bowl or yogi's but the women who work there are all amazingly sweet) and noticed quite a bit of construction just east of the library. I thought this was just supposed to be a renovation of the current office building but the parking garage is 7 stories.

We have a groundbreaking, a website, a banner lined fence surrounding the lot, 2 bulldozers on site, a forumer posting just over a week ago that he had inside intel from a contractor stating this was a go, FAA obstruction permits were filed and now permits are getting issued for site grading.

Why would this not be built? :sly:

Obadno Oct 18, 2017 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7956009)
We have a groundbreaking, a website, a banner lined fence surrounding the lot, 2 bulldozers on site, a forumer posting just over a week ago that he had inside intel from a contractor stating this was a go, FAA obstruction permits were filed and now permits are getting issued for site grading.

The Goldwater institute and that guy that owns angels trumpet.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 18, 2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7956020)
The Goldwater institute and that guy that owns angels trumpet.

Oh yeah...that guy :haha::haha::haha:

fawd Oct 18, 2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7956020)
that guy that owns angels trumpet.

We don't talk about the village idiot on this forum! :tup:

biggus diggus Oct 18, 2017 1:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7956009)

I've been in this city for a LONG time and been in the real estate investment industry for a LONG time. There have been enough "projects" that got this far and didn't materialize. It looks like it'll be built but it's not a sure thing just because they do a press release and feel-good ground breaking ceremony.

azliam Oct 18, 2017 1:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7956087)
I've been in this city for a LONG time and been in the real estate investment industry for a LONG time. There have been enough "projects" that got this far and didn't materialize. It looks like it'll be built but it's not a sure thing just because they do a press release and feel-good ground breaking ceremony.

Isn't this an "understood"? I'm not quite sure why you feel the need to continue making posts like this.

biggus diggus Oct 18, 2017 2:34 AM

I also thought it was "an understood." I stated the fact and immediately got a response questioning me with a cock-eyed emoji attached. I felt the need to defend my statement.

And the reason I made the post to begin with is all the 'celebration' so to speak happening over something that is anything but a done deal.

Call me Larry David if you wish, I suppose.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Oct 18, 2017 4:41 AM

City Center on the Park

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7956183)
I also thought it was "an understood." I stated the fact and immediately got a response questioning me with a cock-eyed emoji attached. I felt the need to defend my statement.

And the reason I made the post to begin with is all the 'celebration' so to speak happening over something that is anything but a done deal.

Ohhh Biggus Diggus, you're on here almost everyday with your negative attitude and you don't know about City Center on the Park. That existing office building that Cable One sold is a remodel that Transwestern is redeveloping. But the exciting part is 345 apartment units that will be wrapped around that parking garage that went up real quick, plus apartments across the street to the west. Of course right by the Blue Fin Grill Willa is going up quite nicely as well. City Center is gonna have quite a bit of ground retail, going to be a great place to live once all is done and the library is back open,lol.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Oct 18, 2017 4:54 AM

City Center on the Park

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7955659)
Yeah and with 29 floors isn't that going to make it the tallest building built in the city since 44 Monroe in like 2007?

Almost no fanfare, almost no news?? Between this and the Hampton Inn im beginning to think that in Phoenix the best news is no news lol!

THE LIST:

High rise
Block 23- 17 story apartments under construction
Block 23- 9 story office under construction
the Link - 29 story apartment UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Central Park East- 17 stories apartments and 11 story hotel under construction
The Stuart- 21 story apartment under construction

Derby- 21 story apartment - construction on hold for litigation

The link - 25 story apartment proposed
The link 20 story apartment proposed
Barrister- 18 story apartment proposed
Residences at Collier - 25 story proposed
Arizona Center- ~30 story Condos planning

BMO 2nd tower- 22 stories Rumored

Central station- ~30 stories A man can dream!

Low Rise
Broadstone Roosevelt- Under Construction
Hance Park Apartments and Office- Under construction
Small project next to Broadstone - under Construction
Ally's on roosevelt (I cant remember the name) Under Construction
Grow House 2.0 - Under Construction
Central and Willeta- under Construction
Arizona Center Remodel - Under construction

The Filmore - Planned
The Church- Planned
Native Connections - Planned
Roosevelt and 3rd ave- Planned
McKinley Row- Planned
ASU Biomed Phase 1- Planned
Enhance Phase 2- Planned
Enhance Phase 3 Planned
McKinley and First ave project ( with Grocery) - Planned
Hance Park Update- Planned
Parking Structure 1st street and Jefferson- Planned

Early stages
Spaghetti Factory lot
RFP for Central & Adams
Light Rail Capitol Mall and South Central Extensions

Probably dead
Ballpark Apartments =(

Downtown is going to be completely different in 3 years. Although You can safely say that every 3 years.

what is Ally's on Roosevelt and grow house?

Obadno Oct 18, 2017 3:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 7956274)
what is Ally's on Roosevelt and grow house?

Maybe its blocks ? its right off like 5th and Roosevelt that house that burned down a little retail building that will have a few restaurants

mdpx Oct 18, 2017 3:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7956183)

Biggus, I served with Larry David. I knew Larry David. Larry David was a friend of mine. Biggus, you're no Larry David.

exit2lef Oct 18, 2017 3:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7956558)
Maybe its blocks ? its right off like 5th and Roosevelt that house that burned down a little retail building that will have a few restaurants

I think it's the building across the street, the one going up on the northeast corner of Roosevelt & 5th Street. The Growhouse is an existing venture recently relocated to the Knipe house site.

biggus diggus Oct 18, 2017 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpx (Post 7956591)
Biggus, I served with Larry David. I knew Larry David. Larry David was a friend of mine. Biggus, you're no Larry David.

It was a joke about curbing your enthusiasm. :shrug:

fawd Oct 18, 2017 7:24 PM

Sorry if this was posted before! First I'm seeing it... Some great looking renderings of the Park Central renovation. Construction starts as soon as end of October!

https://www.parkcentralphoenix.com/
https://azbigmedia.com/park-central-...lans-unveiled/

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...G?format=2500w
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...g?format=2500w
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...g?format=2500w

gymratmanaz Oct 18, 2017 7:57 PM

Park Central......looks like a walkway and some facade freshening. Is there more to it than i am seeing?

exit2lef Oct 18, 2017 8:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 7956984)
Park Central......looks like a walkway and some facade freshening. Is there more to it than i am seeing?

Unfortunately, no. It'll look better, but the suburban design of low-rise buildings surrounded by parking won't change.

I'm intrigued by the rendering showing Giant Coffee. Is this a relocation, a second location, or just wishful thinking?

Obadno Oct 18, 2017 8:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 7957013)
Unfortunately, no. It'll look better, but the suburban design of low-rise buildings surrounded by parking won't change.

I'm intrigued by the rendering showing Giant Coffee. Is this a relocation, a second location, or just wishful thinking?

Its owned by the same guys that did Skysong and they did a great job, so I have faith that this project will get a lot better over time and as they add additions to it.