SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Development (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   CHICAGO | Post Office Redevelopment (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192697)

J_M_Tungsten Sep 16, 2011 3:02 PM

I must have missed the memo.

Steely Dan Sep 16, 2011 3:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten (Post 5413088)
I must have missed the memo.

no, you just haven't been around here long enough. the cow nonsense goes back years.

it's all good, the silliness of the cow is entirely appropriate for the silliness of this "proposal".

Nowhereman1280 Sep 16, 2011 5:45 PM

Yes, at one point Alliance or somebody posted a picture of the spire with cows attached all over it saying it was the redesign of the Spire (when we were all anticipating the "Version C" or whatever it was).

Basically it's become a symbol of pie-in-the sky projects. It was originally a ridiculous proposal to construct a giant fiberglass "Mrs. O'Leery's Cow" statue on the plot of land reserved for DuSable Park.

manchester united Oct 2, 2011 1:30 AM

Are there news about this possible great building ?

Alliance Oct 2, 2011 3:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 (Post 5413277)
Yes, at one point Alliance or somebody posted a picture of the spire with cows attached all over it saying it was the redesign of the Spire (when we were all anticipating the "Version C" or whatever it was).

Basically it's become a symbol of pie-in-the sky projects. It was originally a ridiculous proposal to construct a giant fiberglass "Mrs. O'Leery's Cow" statue on the plot of land reserved for DuSable Park.

It wasn't me. It might have been Tom? I did the Chicago stump...which I deleted in rage, but now I really wish I still had a copy of if anyone saved that image! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchester united (Post 5430210)
Are there news about this possible great building ?

Its not a real proposal. Its a flat out fantasy...and by fantasy I mean nightmare. There shouldn't even be a thread on it.

Zapatan Oct 2, 2011 5:51 AM

^Damn, the US could really use a 2000 footer...

Then again Chi town already has many massive supertalls :)

jcchii Oct 4, 2011 2:31 AM

hard to believe they are STILL drilling caissons for the cow

Nowhereman1280 Oct 4, 2011 2:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcchii (Post 5432443)
hard to believe they are STILL drilling caissons for the cow

Damn big ones too!

Steely Dan Oct 4, 2011 2:53 PM

i'm inclined to move this thread to the fantasy/never built sub-forum so that new-comers aren't continually fooled into thinking that this thing is anything remotely close to a real proposal.

tom and hydrogen, you guys agree/disagree?

Tom In Chicago Oct 4, 2011 5:19 PM

Whatever. . . I don't care what happens to this thread. . .

. . .

Onn Oct 4, 2011 6:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 5432822)
i'm inclined to move this thread to the fantasy/never built sub-forum so that new-comers aren't continually fooled into thinking that this thing is anything remotely close to a real proposal.

tom and hydrogen, you guys agree/disagree?

That's a personal opinion sir, don't think forumers are that clueless.

Steely Dan Oct 4, 2011 6:44 PM

^ new comers are that clueless because they come into this thread asking for updates on this "proposal".

there are no updates, this is pure fantasy.

ih8spires Oct 4, 2011 7:02 PM

Yeah, I agree. On the off chance any real news ever appears, the thread can just be moved back to the proposal section. Though, it was fun to think something that tall might be proposed.

Pru Oct 5, 2011 5:41 AM

Chicago Stump! I forgot about that. It was hilarious but alas, I got no copies of that. But lotsa pics of secant walls & the inside of caissons . . .

chicagoisepic Nov 23, 2011 6:47 PM

Any news on this? i havent heard anything since july when it said that it would take a " several month process for approval". :(

Steely Dan Nov 23, 2011 6:52 PM

this isn't a real proposal, it's pure fantasy.

i'm moving this thread to the appropriate forum so we don't have people periodically popping in asking for "updates".

Nowhereman1280 Nov 23, 2011 7:14 PM

^^^ What Steely? Didn't you see the 12' Cassion cranes CASE was using at the spire site have been set up next door to the Post Office and are drilling away?

:rolleyes:

Rizzo Nov 23, 2011 7:23 PM

I hate this thread.

I hope one day to see a realistic proposal for this building

jd3189 Nov 24, 2011 6:15 PM

So I guess this means Chicago isn't going to get a supertall anytime soon.

Zapatan Nov 25, 2011 1:04 PM

I guess I had some hope for this project when it was still in the proposal section, oh well, I really really hope to see another supertall (preferebly a 2000 footer) in Chicago someday.. Chicago is too great to stop buildings skyscrapers.