SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

ASUSunDevil Aug 22, 2012 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVINphx (Post 5807055)
This all sounds like a bunch of BS - perhaps this guy should be a police chief out in Sun City instead. . .

Seriously. This guy must be 75 years old.

HX_Guy Aug 22, 2012 8:40 PM

It sounds like this guy, does not want Phoenix PD to have to do any extra work...they probably prefer the dead streets after 5pm.

PHX31 Aug 22, 2012 8:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HX_Guy (Post 5807214)
It sounds like this guy, does not want Phoenix PD to have to do any extra work...they probably prefer the dead streets after 5pm.

Bingo. Or maybe he's playing mind games with people setting the foundation to get more of a budget for his department.

DevilsRider Aug 22, 2012 8:50 PM

New Restaurant in Downtown Phoenix

Saw signs up for a new "Uno Mas Mex1can Grill" today. Location is next to the Hero Factory on 1st Ave, between Monroe and Adams...if I see a link somewhere, I'll update with it!

combusean Aug 22, 2012 11:26 PM

Is that were the Omega sales office was?

HooverDam Aug 22, 2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil (Post 5807135)
Seriously. This guy must be 75 years old.

Haha maybe.

I do know that he's apparently a very uptight/strict/by the books kind of person. I met a couple recently who are both cops in Dallas, where he previously came from. They said he's OK, but kind of an ass. The gal specifically said she was told she was "an embarrassment to the department" by him because she was wearing some kind of doorag/head scarf thingy on a hot day which I guess was slightly out of dress code.

HX_Guy Aug 24, 2012 2:51 AM

Hmm, did we know about this? Seems to have flown under the radar. Nice hours too, open till 11pm during the week and midnight on weekends.

Quote:

Angels Trumpet Ale House opens in downtown Phoenix

Angels Trumpet Ale House will open in downtown Phoenix at 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, following weeks of guess-the-opening-date games with its 1,800-plus Facebook followers.
"We're excited to finally open our doors," said co-owner Sharry Englehorn, adding that the number of Facebook followers "shows that we're providing something downtown that people are in need of."
Englehorn owns the tavern with her husband, Mat, who was a real-estate broker for more than 20 years before changing careers. The couple spent all summer transforming his office into a restaurant.

The tavern will have 31 craft beers on tap and serve what Mat promises to be "way above" bar food.
The menu features appetizers, salads, entrees, burgers and sandwiches (referred to as buns and sammy on the menu), flatbreads and dessert.
Starters include the warm sausage platter ($10) with wild game, bratwurst, chorizo with sweet mustard, hot mustard, onion relish, horseradish and house-made ketchup; and crispy spam sliders served on Hawaiian bread with feta cheese, cranberry slaw and Sriracha mayo ($7.50).
The avocado salad ($8.50) is arugula, mint, grapefruit, avocado, smoked beets, goat cheese and toasted almonds with an orange champagne vinaigrette.
The 10-inch flatbreads include the "Garden," topped with a mushroom mix, seasonal veggies, fingerling potatoes, onion, garlic, thyme and roasted tomato sauce ($9.50). Burgers, all $9, include a mushroom stroganoff version.
Entrees include smoked chicken legs and lamb pastrami ($9 each); and the dessert, house-made pop tarts and cookies ($4 each).
Heading the kitchen is chef Xane Brody, who is joined by sous chefs Cameron Thomas and Nick Cento.
"They're names you wouldn't know right now," Sharry said, "but you will."
Why call the place "Angels Trumpet Ale House"? Englehorn means "angel's Trumpet" in German.
A grand opening party with special beer tappings is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15.
In the next few weeks, the tavern plans to introduce Sunday brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Republic restaurant critic Howard Seftel contributed to this article.
Details: 810 N. Second St., Phoenix. angelstrumpetalehouse.com.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/...#ixzz24Qbn09e0

Vicelord John Aug 24, 2012 3:13 AM

It was announced a few months ago on both chow bella and azcentral.

PHX31 Aug 24, 2012 3:47 AM

Looks like they've done a lot of great work on their building. I will be supporting them.

pbenjamin Aug 24, 2012 5:52 AM

Phoenix seeks residents' input on future of downtown's heart

Sorry if this is a duplicate.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...-downtown.html

HX_Guy Aug 24, 2012 5:57 AM

New FAA application for a 260' crane popped up for work dates between 10/20/2012 - 04/20/2013. Looks like it's south of Jackson between 5th and 6th Ave. I'm thinking the new Maricopa County Sheriff's building?

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...seID=170515361

nickw252 Aug 24, 2012 1:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HX_Guy (Post 5809132)
New FAA application for a 260' crane popped up for work dates between 10/20/2012 - 04/20/2013. Looks like it's south of Jackson between 5th and 6th Ave. I'm thinking the new Maricopa County Sheriff's building?

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...seID=170515361

How tall is the Sheriff's building supposed to be?

combusean Aug 24, 2012 1:49 PM

^ Six stories ... something's amiss.

nickw252 Aug 24, 2012 6:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 5809252)

That's a pretty tall crane for a 6 floor building. The CTBUH height calculator estimates that a 6 floor office building would be 118.9 feet tall.

PHX31 Aug 24, 2012 11:16 PM

The empty lot that once had that slanted 3-story building (that burned down) on Roosevelt at about 2nd St is now full of manicured grass and has a ton of big trees (still in the nursery boxes) surrounding it. And there is some sort of sculpture on the lot. What's up with that? I mean, it's nice and all, much nicer than the empty lot... but wasn't there once some shred of hope of new development there?

HooverDam Aug 24, 2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 5809856)
The empty lot that once had that slanted 3-story building (that burned down) on Roosevelt at about 2nd St is now full of manicured grass and has a ton of big trees (still in the nursery boxes) surrounding it. And there is some sort of sculpture on the lot. What's up with that? I mean, it's nice and all, much nicer than the empty lot... but wasn't there once some shred of hope of new development there?

https://www.facebook.com/What.Should.Go.Here

I don't know anything about any potential development there, but I'm glad that the owners are least trying to make the lot look nice, cool and shady.

RichTempe Aug 25, 2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 5809856)

Those trees, grass and sculpture have all been there for a few months now. I thought that they might eventually be going in at Concord Eatridge and were just being staged there for the time being. :shrug:

N830MH Aug 25, 2012 6:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 5809252)

Maybe more than 6. They will have 10 stories high. Because they need more room for prisoner. They need built dorm, cell, basketball court, TV room, Commissary, cafeteria and etc.

HX_Guy Aug 25, 2012 5:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 5809040)
Looks like they've done a lot of great work on their building. I will be supporting them.

Stopped by with a few friends at Angel's Trumpet Ale House last night around 9pm and the place was packed! Wait time for a table was over an hour and we were hungry, so we didn't stick around, but the place looked great. Headed over to Moira instead and it was great. Haven't been there in probably 2 years and it was busier than I've ever seen it, there were people waiting for a table after we got there. Love the new music they have going there now, makes the place feel a lot more happening and enjoyable.

combusean Aug 25, 2012 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 5810206)
Maybe more than 6. They will have 10 stories high. Because they need more room for prisoner. They need built dorm, cell, basketball court, TV room, Commissary, cafeteria and etc.

There are no prisoners being housed at that facility. And it's six stories. Promise.