SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

CrestedSaguaro Mar 24, 2021 1:13 AM

Moontower PHX

Gentleman. I present to you the next tower project in Phoenix and it's coming fast under the radar!

As mentioned a couple of pages back, this is going in on the former Meow Wolf location at 803 N. 3rd Street on the empty lot between Lacuna Kava Bar and the Gastropub. It looks like the Valley Youth Theater will be demo'd as the rendering clearly shows the tower butting up against Gastropub.

Austin already has one of these that was completed last fall, so the development is very real. I posted the FAA height evaluations last week, but what I missed was the FAA tower crane evaluations submitted a few days later and also missed a lot combo was submitted the same day (probably for the Valley Youth Theater lot).

The company developing this is Lincoln Ventures and their website states a 2023 completion. This looks really good. Enjoy! :cheers:

Image sources from Lincoln Ventures: https://www.lincoln-ventures.com/807-n-3rd-street-2

Code5 Mar 24, 2021 1:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9227053)
Gentleman. I present to you the next tower project in Phoenix and it's coming fast under the radar!

Oh man! This looks fantastic! It's going to be very strange sitting at Songbird and seeing a highrise right across the street in the future! What a welcome sight though!

MMDelon Mar 24, 2021 5:41 AM

That's actually a very nice looking building. Thank you for the renderings Crested!

michael85225 Mar 24, 2021 11:46 AM

I'm really excited about all the development that has been sprouting out in Roosevelt Row and the fact that it's away from our main core. We are finally seeing our skyline extend and get bigger day by day!

combusean Mar 24, 2021 7:27 PM

The impact that Skye will have on my typical I-10/202 westbound view from the East Valley will be immense. It'll unfortunately block a few projects on McKinley sort of but all of them like Aspire and Derby will add a lot of bulk.

jermykermy Mar 25, 2021 2:11 AM

Looking southeast from 1st St and Garfield

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...8f3e279f_c.jpg

CrestedSaguaro Mar 25, 2021 2:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jermykermy (Post 9228172)

Derby is starting finally get up there. Walked by today and they are putting the forming up for the 13th floor. Getting awful close to the crane, lol. I hope they raise it this weekend.

Diamonddave Mar 25, 2021 3:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jermykermy (Post 9228172)

Awesome picture of The Derby I forgot that the building is "L" shaped.

Edifice Mar 29, 2021 10:01 PM

Central Station and Astra

Pretty quiet around here so thought I would ask the forum if you have any news related to Central Station and/or Astra? I think we were all pretty excited about both of these when first proposed. Thanks.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 29, 2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edifice (Post 9232716)
Pretty quiet around here so thought I would ask the forum if you have any news related to Central Station and/or Astra? I think we were all pretty excited about both of these when first proposed. Thanks.

Not a thing on either.

Astra I'm not surprised as it will be at least 3rd or 4th quarter before that does anything.

Central Station I am perplexed about. Went by again today and still not a single soul onsite and it's now been over 5 months since the site was fenced off. You would think they would have at least started something by now. Still no new permits or plan reviews submitted yet either. :shrug:

Diamonddave Mar 29, 2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edifice (Post 9232716)

I agree it's been a quiet 1Q hopefully the 2Q gives us a better outcome.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 29, 2021 11:01 PM

A little movement on Palm Tower. CES was issued Friday. It looks like the CES is for lot fencing and plant salvage. The CES shows that 20 trees will remain in place while 57 will be destroyed. Too bad they can't salvage the palms, hate to see them go. Either way, I think we may actually see some movement soon for Palm Tower. :cheers:

azliam Mar 29, 2021 11:38 PM

I'm curious as to what's happening with The Edith. I emailed the procurement office for the Hyatt Garage RFP and the city is STILL in negotiations with Berger in regards to that. :???:

MMDelon Mar 30, 2021 12:56 AM

I have to agree with Astra being a 3rd or 4th quarter development, so they have time to start that project. The Central Station development is stepping into weird territory because the location has been fenced off for several months now and the delay does not make sense. This project should of broken ground by now. I am trying to stay optimistic about this project but the longer this project is delayed has to mean bad news to me unless this project is being delayed so they can go back to drawer board to add the hotel component but Medistar was certain that they took it out.

exit2lef Mar 30, 2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9232907)
I have to agree with Astra being a 3rd or 4th quarter development, so they have time to start that project. The Central Station development is stepping into weird territory because the location has been fenced off for several months now and the delay does not make sense. This project should of broken ground by now. I am trying to stay optimistic about this project but the longer this project is delayed has to mean bad news to me unless this project is being delayed so they can go back to drawer board to add the hotel component but Medistar was certain that they took it out.

We're now at the point where the reason for the delay I was previously given no longer makes sense. I posted here a while back that I was told that Valley Metro wanted to move its bus stops at the same time as one of its semi-annual service changes, which occur in October and April. For that reason, the buses moved out in October, even though the developer wasn't planning to start work until early 2021. That explained an initial delay of two or three months. Now, we're approaching the April service change, so Valley Metro could have waited until this service change to abandon Central Station. To be clear, I don't think Valley Metro is to blame. I assume it's a problem with the developer and funding.

biggus diggus Mar 30, 2021 3:15 PM

Construction material costs have skyrocketed. The budgets that were developed just six months ago are wildly unobtainable now.

I believe that, combined with skyrocketing labor costs, has led to many delays in many projects. I also think it will kill at least one project that maybe didn't pencil amazingly well.

MMDelon Mar 30, 2021 7:22 PM

I think that is the main reason. It would suck if they Medistar went ahead and cancelled the project. Maybe it's a blessing is disguise. I was hoping for something a little more iconic in that spot. It's a solid project but I was hoping at least a 500' building that would be a stable for downtown Phoenix. I still think this project will get built though.

phoenixwillrise Mar 30, 2021 9:14 PM

Don't get the attraction of building over a bus station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9233696)
I think that is the main reason. It would suck if they Medistar went ahead and cancelled the project. Maybe it's a blessing is disguise. I was hoping for something a little more iconic in that spot. It's a solid project but I was hoping at least a 500' building that would be a stable for downtown Phoenix. I still think this project will get built though.

I could see maybe if this was the Port Authority in New York with masses of people from all walks of life coming into the city like in New York but to build an office building and apartments or hotel on top of a Main City Bus Terminal/ LRT stations I don't get it. At least all the buses will be battery powered shortly and the fumes from LNG and Diesel won't be permeating the buildings but like I say Why? If I am choosing an office or apartment location why would I want to weave thru this mob every time I go out to walk my dog or go to lunch?

combusean Mar 30, 2021 9:30 PM

The bus waiting area is completely open air and tenants, etc have separate entrances clear on the other side of the block from the terminal.

gymratmanaz Apr 1, 2021 3:36 PM

I know we are temporarily bored, but ANY CONSTRUCTION NEWS?????

Damn, they have almost totally demoed the buildings at 44th and Camelback!!!