SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

Obadno Dec 23, 2019 8:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljbuild (Post 8783432)
THE SCOTTSDALE DEVELOPER OF THE ASPIRE FILLMORE ACTUALLY WANTS TO BUILD THE PROJECT AT 48 STORIES, MAKING IT THE NEW TALLEST.

HE IS WAITING ON APPROVAL FROM THE CITY OF PHOENIX. :uhh:

HEY CITY OF PHOENIX, IF YOU DONT WANT MORE DESERT BEING TORE UP AND FARTHER COMMUTES,
APPROVE THIS PROJECT.

Why are you yelling

PHXFlyer11 Dec 23, 2019 8:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8783434)
Why are you yelling

Which lot is this?

PHXFlyer11 Dec 23, 2019 8:44 PM

Quote:

THE SCOTTSDALE DEVELOPER OF THE ASPIRE FILLMORE ACTUALLY WANTS TO BUILD THE PROJECT AT 48 STORIES, MAKING IT THE NEW TALLEST.

HEY CITY OF PHOENIX, IF YOU DONT WANT MORE DESERT BEING TORE UP AND FARTHER COMMUTES,
APPROVE THIS PROJECT.

Where is this information from?

PHX-DUDE-MAN Dec 23, 2019 8:45 PM

Quote:

APPROVE THIS PROJECT.

What city of Phoenix department do we need to email to try and persuade them to approve it? Planning & Zoning?

Obadno Dec 23, 2019 8:52 PM

I think he is getting this mixed up with an announcement for a project close to Aspire but it is kind of behind Crescent Ballroom off of 3rd ave where they had announced wanting to build something around 50-floors.

ASUSunDevil Dec 23, 2019 9:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8783455)
I think he is getting this mixed up with an announcement for a project close to Aspire but it is kind of behind Crescent Ballroom off of 3rd ave where they had announced wanting to build something around 50-floors.

The plan has been 48 floors:

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...s-tallest.html

Phxguy Dec 23, 2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN (Post 8783448)
What city of Phoenix department do we need to email to try and persuade them to approve it? Planning & Zoning?

Streets department is being a “jolly” bunch with this project because it’s on 2nd Ave and they’re anticipating quite a bit of traffic.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 24, 2019 2:15 AM

Yes, there is traction on this and I have known about it since a few months now, but did not want to say anything until permits start coming through. They have already submitted their FACT and PAPP on this a few months ago and I'm waiting for my public records request to come back on it. The location is the East side of 2nd Ave in the row of parking lots just South of Fillmore. I'm out camping for the week and I'll post more when I'm back at my computer this weekend.

fawd Dec 24, 2019 4:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8783698)
I'm out camping for the week and I'll post more when I'm back at my computer this weekend.

Or... you can post now.

And then you can continue frolicking about in the wilderness.

😎

TJPHXskyscraperfan Dec 24, 2019 4:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8783698)
Yes, there is traction on this and I have known about it since a few months now, but did not want to say anything until permits start coming through. They have already submitted their FACT and PAPP on this a few months ago and I'm waiting for my public records request to come back on it. The location is the East side of 2nd Ave in the row of parking lots just South of Fillmore. I'm out camping for the week and I'll post more when I'm back at my computer this weekend.

Who camps this time of year,lol. It’s going to be raining all week and depending where you are snowing. Have fun!lol.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 25, 2019 12:05 AM

LOL. The camping has been planned for months with my parents. They live in South Carolina and I haven't spent the holidays with them in 3 years. Sorry Fawd. Everything is on my work computer ;-)

Edit: Btw, took my parents out to Tempe to show them how much it's grown. I noticed that the X cranes looked substantially higher driving in from I-10 West. The taller crane looked about the height of Kenect's crane and the shorter crane looks about the height where the taller crane used to be at. Can anyone confirm this or was the rain playing tricks on my eyes?

TJPHXskyscraperfan Dec 26, 2019 6:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8784266)
LOL. The camping has been planned for months with my parents. They live in South Carolina and I haven't spent the holidays with them in 3 years. Sorry Fawd. Everything is on my work computer ;-)

Edit: Btw, took my parents out to Tempe to show them how much it's grown. I noticed that the X cranes looked substantially higher driving in from I-10 West. The taller crane looked about the height of Kenect's crane and the shorter crane looks about the height where the taller crane used to be at. Can anyone confirm this or was the rain playing tricks on my eyes?

Where are u camping at? Why not get a cabin up north or something and enjoy the snow for the holidays?

biggus diggus Dec 26, 2019 2:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 8783774)
Who camps this time of year,lol.

Homeless people?

CrestedSaguaro Dec 26, 2019 3:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 8784764)
Where are u camping at? Why not get a cabin up north or something and enjoy the snow for the holidays?

I hate snow. That's why I moved here, lol. Was camped out at Lake Pleasant. It was pretty nice, but I forgot to bring my kayak. I'm back in my office today. I'll dig up the new tallest stuff I have.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 26, 2019 3:52 PM

Here's what I have on the potential new tallest.

The project is named "Astra" and SCB out of Chicago is the listed architect along with CCBG. SCB has some pretty decent stuff, so I think this will be a good design. The addresses listed are 337-377 N. 2nd Ave which is the row of parking lots on the East side of 2nd 1/2 block down from Fillmore. They are pushing for the max height of the lot which is 525'.

I've sent in a public records request once and was sent back nothing but the deed history for these lots. I've sent in a 2nd public records request with more accurate information, so I hope they send me more pertinent info this time. I'll post once I receive it. Here are the fact finding and pre-app for Astra. Project number is 19-1918 for those that want to follow. There is also a sub development permit that was issued back in June. From what I have and from what ljbuild posted earlier and with Aspirant behind this development, I think we may have a good possibility of seeing this built.

https://i.ibb.co/LhKg9PS/Astra-Fact.png

https://i.ibb.co/SP2TPfr/Astra-PAPP.png

CrestedSaguaro Dec 26, 2019 4:19 PM

Also, my public records request for Garfield House came in. I've uploaded it to my Google Drive for anyone that wants to look at it. Never publicly shared from my Drive before, so let me know if this doesn't work for you guys.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cp...1rxvBfdvyjrKY5

xymox Dec 26, 2019 4:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8784840)
Here's what I have on the potential new tallest.

The project is named "Astra" and SCB out of Chicago is the listed architect along with CCBG. SCB has some pretty decent stuff, so I think this will be a good design. The addresses listed are 337-377 N. 2nd Ave which is the row of parking lots on the East side of 2nd 1/2 block down from Fillmore. They are pushing for the max height of the lot which is 525'.

I've sent in a public records request once and was sent back nothing but the deed history for these lots. I've sent in a 2nd public records request with more accurate information, so I hope they send me more pertinent info this time. I'll post once I receive it. Here are the fact finding and pre-app for Astra. Project number is 19-1918 for those that want to follow. There is also a sub development permit that was issued back in June. From what I have and from what ljbuild posted earlier and with Aspirant behind this development, I think we may have a good possibility of seeing this built.

https://i.ibb.co/LhKg9PS/Astra-Fact.png

https://i.ibb.co/SP2TPfr/Astra-PAPP.png

If the Site Plan review was done - those records should be on the phx website somewhere - with preliminary renderings?

CrestedSaguaro Dec 26, 2019 4:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xymox (Post 8784857)
If the Site Plan review was done - those records should be on the phx website somewhere - with preliminary renderings?

That's why I requested another public records request. Hopefully, they send me the right stuff this time. I just received the Garfield House public records request and I requested Astra a few days after Garfield House. So it should come any time now.

azliam Dec 26, 2019 4:31 PM

I wouldn't mind if it looked a little similar to this which is also 48 stories (although 599 feet):
https://www.scb.com/project/the-laurel/

Phxguy Dec 26, 2019 10:42 PM

I was able to see the renderings for both Garfield House and Astra the other day, through an attorney. I didn’t take photos of either. Garfield House looks more like the Stewart and the upcoming Aspirant project on McKinley (is that Mckinley Green?).

Astra wasn’t too fancy in its design (no setback, cupola, or angled roof), def won’t be iconic, but it was still really impressive! Project consists of 2 towers; the 500+ footer has a fairly slim profile and balconies on the upper floors (think the Link) and the 350-400 footer is wider (think X Phoenix down the street). Both looked very sleek and will be welcome additions!