SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

CrestedSaguaro Dec 26, 2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8785040)
I was able to see the renderings for both Garfield House and Astra the other day, through an attorney. I didn’t take photos of either. Garfield House looks more like the Stewart and the upcoming Aspirant project on McKinley (is that Mckinley Green?).

Astra wasn’t too fancy in its design (no setback, cupola, or angled roof), def won’t be iconic, but it was still really impressive! Project consists of 2 towers; the 500+ footer has a fairly slim profile and balconies on the upper floors (think the Link) and the 350-400 footer is wider (think X Phoenix down the street). Both looked very sleek and will be welcome additions!

Correct, that is McKinley Green. Great news on Astra that it's a 2 tower project! Go back and get us some pics! ;)

azliam Dec 26, 2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8785054)
Correct, that is McKinley Green. Great news on Astra that it's a 2 tower project! Go back and get us some pics! ;)

Totally lost. :???:

What are Mckinley Green and Garfield House?

Also, is Aspirant's project Aspire Fillmore or Duo on Fillmore?????

CrestedSaguaro Dec 26, 2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azliam (Post 8785060)
Totally lost. :???:

What are Mckinley Green and Garfield House?

Also, is Aspirant's project Aspire Fillmore or Duo on Fillmore?????

No worries. It's a lot to keep track of. ;)

McKinley Green is the proposed 255' project on the corner of 1st Ave and McKinley where the old McKinley Club is.

Garfield House is the proposed 285' tower across the street from the APS sub-station on 6th St. and Garfield. But I think it will probably be reduced to the max lot height which is 250'.

Aspire is the official name of the tower going up on Filmore and 3rd Ave. The Duo name has been thankfully dropped.

And finally, Astra is the proposed tallest on 2nd Ave just South of Fillmore.

Edit: Correction to Garfield House location. It's 6th St, not 5th St.

azliam Dec 26, 2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8785071)
No worries. It's a lot to keep track of. ;)

McKinley Green is the proposed 255' project on the corner of 1st Ave and McKinley where the old McKinley Club is.

Garfield House is the proposed 285' tower across the street from the APS sub-station on 5th St. and Garfield. But I think it will probably be reduced to the max lot height which is 250'.

Aspire is the official name of the tower going up on Filmore and 3rd Ave. The Duo name has been thankfully dropped.

And finally, Astra is the proposed tallest on 2nd Ave just South of Fillmore.

Thanks! It IS a lot to keep track of. Finally, that's a good problem to have. ;)

soled Dec 27, 2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azliam (Post 8785076)
Thanks! It IS a lot to keep track of. Finally, that's a good problem to have. ;)

I can't keep up either, and because of that I only casually skim through posts until a project is under construction.

This is why I felt it was such a shame and waste not to pin Phoenix Project Rundown Thread biggus diggus' thread. It quickly drifted down the board and no one has updated it. It would have made such a great reference for everything.

azliam Dec 27, 2019 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soled (Post 8785095)
I can't keep up either, and because of that I only casually skim through posts until a project is under construction.

This is why I felt it was such a shame and waste not to pin Phoenix Project Rundown Thread biggus diggus' thread. It quickly drifted down the board and no one has updated it. It would have made such a great reference for everything.

I was just thinking of that thread. This is what confused me about Aspire (it's still listed as Duo): https://dtphx.org/wp-content/uploads...-Q4-2019-1.pdf

biggus diggus Dec 27, 2019 1:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soled (Post 8785095)

If I had to guess the moderation here didn't want to pin it because it wasn't their idea. Every other regional thread has a run down thread and I believe they're all pinned. Why continue putting energy into something that's not supported or embraced?

combusean Dec 27, 2019 1:59 AM

If that’s a thinly veiled jab at me, I didn’t know anybody wanted it to be pinned. I could’ve also forgotten and nobody reminded me.

biggus diggus Dec 27, 2019 3:19 AM

My understanding is there are multiple moderators, I don't notice you enough from the next guy so don't get too excited. The decisions are on all of you.

soled Dec 27, 2019 3:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 8785139)
If that’s a thinly veiled jab at me, I didn’t know anybody wanted it to be pinned. I could’ve also forgotten and nobody reminded me.

Not making any jabs at anyone, but I asked about getting it pinned a long time ago and others responded in support. You then responded that you already had too many pinned threads.

The first time I asked wasn't in the rundown thread, but I did repeat the sentiment there a couple of times.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 27, 2019 3:08 PM

There's another Phoenix Rundown thread in the City Compilations section that was maintained up to about a year ago. Note sure why nothing is posted there anymore either.

http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/show...=74733&page=26

On a side note, I took a walk around yesterday and noticed new utility marking paint around the Derby lot that went around the sidewalk, alley and around electric utility boxes. Not sure if it's related to Derby or not. But since we have seen some news lately on Derby, I'm wondering if they may be getting things ready to move on this?

Obadno Dec 27, 2019 4:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8785337)
There's another Phoenix Rundown thread in the City Compilations section that was maintained up to about a year ago. Note sure why nothing is posted there anymore either.

http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/show...=74733&page=26

On a side note, I took a walk around yesterday and noticed new utility marking paint around the Derby lot that went around the sidewalk, alley and around electric utility boxes. Not sure if it's related to Derby or not. But since we have seen some news lately on Derby, I'm wondering if they may be getting things ready to move on this?

How long ago was the last start? 2 years ago? Hopefully with the legal issue cleared up they can simply move along at that pace again.

I was the last one to update construction on that forum but we seem to lack a prolific photographer for downtown these days, I was usually taking construction photos from here and putting them in that forum but we dont have much good construction photography to post about.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 27, 2019 4:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8785387)
How long ago was the last start? 2 years ago? Hopefully with the legal issue cleared up they can simply move along at that pace again.

I was the last one to update construction on that forum but we seem to lack a prolific photographer for downtown these days, I was usually taking construction photos from here and putting them in that forum but we dont have much good construction photography to post about.

I think it was about 2 years now. Derby RR made an extension agreement with Phoenix back in June, so I'm wondering if that just extends the previously expired permits or if they will need to be resubmitted again? Also, the Superior Court site shows that a settlement date has been set for Feb. 20th which should conclude all court cases related to Derby and GPLETs. This all seems to be lining up around February which is also the start date submitted for the FAA crane app for Derby.

combusean Dec 27, 2019 8:20 PM

I’m happy to pin the local rundown thread.

Sorry I fucked up.

combusean Dec 27, 2019 8:33 PM

And it is pinned. I renamed it a bit and biggus has the distinction of maintaining the first post.

If Tempe is too much for y'all please let me know if there needs to be a Tempe Rundown thread.

Play nice gentlemen.

combusean Dec 27, 2019 8:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8785337)

The Phoenix forums have long been known for being their own exclave within SSP in general. Hell, I remember years ago when we voted for leaving "Mountain West" and starting "Southwest."

I find it analogous to the overall city's mentality, but I'm an oldtimer.

Obadno Dec 27, 2019 8:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 8785661)
The Phoenix forums have long been known for being their own exclave within SSP in general. Hell, I remember years ago when we voted for leaving "Mountain West" and starting "Southwest."

I find it analogous to the overall city's mentality, but I'm an oldtimer.

But now we need to keep up to date with it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Socalzonie Dec 28, 2019 10:16 PM

There is some early fact finding ongoing for project 19-3905. The project is called X Phoenix Basecamp and lists a project site address as 625 N 2nd Ave. Anyone know if this would be a second X Social Communities development? If so, seems a bit surprising given I don't think they've yet committed to the 2nd phase of the project already under construction. Am I incorrect to associate these projects?

Sunsfan87 Dec 29, 2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socalzonie (Post 8786172)
There is some early fact finding ongoing for project 19-3905. The project is called X Phoenix Basecamp and lists a project site address as 625 N 2nd Ave. Anyone know if this would be a second X Social Communities development? If so, seems a bit surprising given I don't think they've yet committed to the 2nd phase of the project already under construction. Am I incorrect to associate these projects?

This is interesting and lead me to a little research that I’ll put in the X Phoenix thread.

Phxguy Dec 29, 2019 3:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socalzonie (Post 8786172)

This is another X Social Communities Project. In fact, residents of this new project will be able to use the amentities at the larger one just down 2nd Ave at Van Buren. Will be a 15ish-story Project (if memory serves correctly) and have zero, that’s right, ZERO parking spots for residents :notacrook: