HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 3:48 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...V2kokOE_pmBRAU

New tenant coming to Block 23, leasing 30K ft of space. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post

New tenant coming to Block 23, leasing 30K ft of space. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!
If we can see new office leasing downtown in this environment that is great news for the city.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 4:24 PM

Quote:

Great news I believe and hope to see this city blow up when this Covid stuff is finally over.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 9:16 PM
Modulator

Quote:

Unfortunately, they are just moving from the US Bank building. So not really a net gain of office employees, but at least they intend to stay downtown.

Speaking of US Bank, walked by today and the bottom level is completely fenced off and all the facade is getting removed. Looks like exterior renovations have commenced. I can't find anything on what it will look like, but I just did a quick search. I'll see if I can find some more on the exterior remodel.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Unfortunately, they are just moving from the US Bank building. So not really a net gain of office employees, but at least they intend to stay downtown.

Speaking of US Bank, walked by today and the bottom level is completely fenced off and all the facade is getting removed. Looks like exterior renovations have commenced. I can't find anything on what it will look like, but I just did a quick search. I'll see if I can find some more on the exterior remodel.
Darn, I thought it was a new tenant rather than a reshuffling. Ernst & Young and Chase have done the same from their respective towers. The only new non-downtown tenant at Block 23, I believe, is WeWork.

Also, didn’t the US Bank tower get a remodel in the last 5 years or so? Which is what brought The Monroe, the only successful concept to the ground-floor of the tower.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 10:13 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Darn, I thought it was a new tenant rather than a reshuffling. Ernst & Young and Chase have done the same from their respective towers. The only new non-downtown tenant at Block 23, I believe, is WeWork.

Also, didn’t the US Bank tower get a remodel in the last 5 years or so? Which is what brought The Monroe, the only successful concept to the ground-floor of the tower.
It was just a partial remodel of the first floor to add the restaurant components and I think maybe some of the other floors may have had some remodeling. The outside hasn't been touched aside from the restaurant space to have outdoor openings and seating.

From what I see, it is full blown new facade replacement. The ground support column facade and even the overhang above the sidewalk have all been removed. Can't wait to see what they have coming.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 1:12 AM

They are renovating the entire ground floor, facade included. Capital upgrade project.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2020, 3:17 PM

Updates from Downtown

Just a few comments/updates after going downtown for the first time in a few weeks:

- The ASU dorms look outstanding! The horizontal lines in the facade become closer together near the top of the tower which makes it look taller than it actually is. I was suspect if this building but it’s fantastic.

- Adeline is now on the 14th floor. Is it 22 or 24 floors total? I don’t recall.

- Blanco is is Finn construction mode again at Block 23. They even have the fancy windows for the outpost portion of the bar in place. Should be done in a month I imagine.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2020, 4:31 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Just a few comments/updates after going downtown for the first time in a few weeks:

- The ASU dorms look outstanding! The horizontal lines in the facade become closer together near the top of the tower which makes it look taller than it actually is. I was suspect if this building but it’s fantastic.

- Adeline is now on the 14th floor. Is it 22 or 24 floors total? I don’t recall.

- Blanco is is Finn construction mode again at Block 23. They even have the fancy windows for the outpost portion of the bar in place. Should be done in a month I imagine.
Everything I be read Adeline is proposed for 25 floors.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 4:31 AM

I took a stroll downtown this evening and it was pretty lively. I think that bodes well since I assume most people are still being cautious.

Side note: X Phoenix and the ASU tower really fill things in coming down 1st Ave. It's gonna look amazing if we get everything planned in that area.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 8:21 PM

Im excited about astra but is rastegar still going up in downtown phoenix just a yes or no and why? Thank you!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 8:37 PM

Not anytime soon. They purchased the property and announced they planned to build a high rise, but have not submitted anything to the City at this point, not even a fact finding. They probably haven't even begun design, so they are most likely a minimum of a couple years out.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 9:35 PM

A couple of years out from fact finding or preliminary design? My understanding is they haven't developed anything in this state as of yet,but I may be wrong.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 10:26 PM

The whole design process from start to finish before permits are issued and construction begins is about 18-24 months. They haven't started that process to my knowledge, so that is why I said minimum of a couple years out.

They haven't done anything in the state that I know of either, and their only high rise project to date has been the 26-story, 1899 McKinney Tower in Dallas that is supposed to break ground soon. It is a really nice looking tower though, and the architect is SCB out of Chicago, who is coincidentally the architect for Astra too.

https://www.multifamilybiz.com/news/...lest_living_wa...

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the information Indy that makes a lot of sense to me now.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 10:59 PM

If rastegar does go up the skyline will look different with astra to and central station. Im excited that are skyline is growing.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 11:03 PM

Our*

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 11:13 PM

I believe that the Rastegar site is zoned for 550' height it would look nice two blocks from Astra.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2020, 11:48 PM

Yup especially with astra being 541’ and the central station being 420’ i think in the future the faa will increase the height restrictions in downtown Phoenix but idk.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadude10 View Post
Yup especially with astra being 541’ and the central station being 420’ i think in the future the faa will increase the height restrictions in downtown Phoenix but idk.
Central Station was reduced to 365 when they removed the hotel portion a few months ago.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest